Worst movie that I've ever seen

Comments

• Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited August 2014
    Cloverfield
    Pandemic
    The 2nd or 3rd go round for the Hulk. The one w/ Jennifer Connelly in it.
    Now if it were the best of the 50's sci-fi originals do it for me. Them, Gorgo, It Came From Beneath The Sea, Godzilla,Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Blob,The Thing. many to name but that's the time frame.

I agree that those were some of the best sci-fi movies from the '50's. My favorite is The Day the Earth Stood Still, starring Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal. It was made in 1951. Who can forget the sound of the Theremin? (It was the machine that was used to produce those spooky soundtracks for a number of sci-fi movies from that era. Check out the links below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzRb1OVpat0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPEchNTSE0
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited August 2014
    F1nut wrote: »
    Too hard to pick one or two or three or.......let's face it, 95% of movies suck.

No argument from me. Especially in the past 10 years.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited August 2014
    All of the best worst movies could be seen on Mystery Science Theatre.
    Loved that show.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited August 2014
    Kind of reminds me of a Hurdy Gurdy sound..
    I agree that those were some of the best sci-fi movies from the '50's. My favorite is The Day the Earth Stood Still, starring Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal. It was made in 1951. Who can forget the sound of the Theremin? (It was the machine that was used to produce those spooky soundtracks for a number of sci-fi movies from that era. Check out the links below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzRb1OVpat0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cPEchNTSE0
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited August 2014
    Now if it were the best of the 50's sci-fi originals do it for me. Them, Gorgo, It Came From Beneath The Sea, Godzilla,Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Blob,The Thing. many to name but that's the time frame.

How could you forget Forbidden Planet? :smile:

"Monsters from the id. "
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    BlueFox wrote: »
    How could you forget Forbidden Planet? :smile:

"Monsters from the id. "

I would put that one in "one of the best movies of all time" category! Phenominal movie!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Who remembers Xanadu - 1980? Unless your fantasy girly was ONJ this film was for the dogs. Barf

HAHA! I remember seeing Xanadu in the theatre! Good lord, what a nightmare of a movie! :lol:

Also, Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Horrid, horrid movies! :lol:

Disclaimer: Give me a break, I was very young! :lol:
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited August 2014
    This is an AUDIO forum, and it took us 4 pages before we got to the WORST movie ever made:
    "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band"
    What an abomination! Robert Stigwood royally ****$ raped the Beatles with that flick!:cry:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2014
    Casa de mi Padre
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • blair witch
    paranormal activities ALL of them which I did NOT really watch but was around. I consider them insults to the general public in complete seriousness.
    Punisher(travolta)
    Elektra
    Iron man 3 deserves it's originals to be shot into the sun.

Cool stuff: Adcom GFA-555, GFP-710, Oppo BDP-83, Monitor 10's w/RDO198s, rebuilt and modded XO: Sonicap/Mundorf topside, Daytons Low.
    Benq W5000

"Leaning back like a maxwell tape commercial listening to pure polk bliss"
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    I actually thought Battlefield Earth was not that bad, there are much worse movies imho..sorry
    Grownups, anchorman, Pacific Rim, Twister, Congo? Sure you can argue those are bad but worst ever???

Some of you guys need to experiment more. I dare anybody to watch Battlefield Earth and tell me any of those even belong in the same discussion with that movie...

ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Jhayman wrote: »
    I actually thought Battlefield Earth was not that bad, there are much worse movies imho..sorry
    Grownups, anchorman, Pacific Rim, Twister, Congo? Sure you can argue those are bad but worst ever???

Some of you guys need to experiment more. I dare anybody to watch Battlefield Earth and tell me any of those even belong in the same discussion with that movie...

Admittedly not my favorite Sci-Fi film but I never thought Battlefield Earth was all that terrible.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Caddyshack II nothing worse than a sequel of a great comedy that is not funny.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I just watched Need for Speed and it's likely the worst movie I've ever watched, at least that's all I can think of at the moment.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Borat and Bruno come to mind.
    Anchorman 2 is a definite!

I watched Dredd for the first time last night....BAD
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Borat was stupid funny....Dredd the new one? Or sly stallone?
    Cool stuff: Adcom GFA-555, GFP-710, Oppo BDP-83, Monitor 10's w/RDO198s, rebuilt and modded XO: Sonicap/Mundorf topside, Daytons Low.
    Benq W5000

• mrbiron
    The new Dredd
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    The new Dredd was actually reviewed very favorably by most people. It wasn't a great movie by any stretch, but it doesn't belong anywhere near a list of worst movies ever.
  • BlueFox
    I always get a kick out of how people can see the same thing, but from completely opposite perspectives. You name it, and somebody loves it and somebody hates it. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Speaking of Stallone.....'Cobra' was about as bad as a movie can get! It was even worse than 'Over the Top' or that other movie he was singing in with Dolly Parton! :p
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    New Dredd was way better than Stallone Dredd. But my worse movie experience other than '' Get Shorty '' has to be ''Apollo 18''.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    +1 on 'Get Shorty'!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    +1 on 'Get Shorty'!

First time I left the theatre before a movie ended.
  • RandyWilliamson
    RandyWilliamson Posts: 178
    edited November 2014
    I for 1 thought new Dredd was pretty awesome....it was dark..sure the guy was kind of robotic but he was just hardened by everything.....the far fetched action was purposely extreme so i dont know how but it worked. Storyline was way good. It was a gritty harsh film. Id say it was pretty hardcore. And it was presented as such. It was in ur face about it..they kept the bikes from the old Dredd as homage. The drug scenes slow down effect was cool too. Dredd was a bad **** mowfow...and the movie gave that feel. And im not a cop flic fan. Sometimes u gotta go in to a film and be willing to dive into its fantasy. I thght he was annoying at first but later was much better. He took hits...the movie doesnt really start until they lock the complex down the real fun begins.
    Benq W5000

• The conan remake i tried to watch for abt 15 minutes. The nerve of them ...reallly...almost as bad as ironman3.
    Benq W5000

• mrbiron
    I guess I can't name bad movies anymore....too much uprising!! :-P

By the way.... Dredd SUCKED!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I bought Dredd cause i heard it was a must have :) was a little disappointed but it was a good B-movie in the end! didnt hate it, didnt love it. but could watch it again in maybe year.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • BlueFox
    The new Dredd wasn't bad at all, and Get Shorty was hilarious.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I thought the audio on Dredd was very good... The movie.... meh....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • BlueFox
    Anybody watch "The Tree of Life"? I'm not saying it was the worst movie, but it certainly took two hours of my life, and left nothing in return. I even watched it again to see if I missed something, but with the same result. WTF is that movie trying to convey?

Three 20 amp circuits.