Polk LSIM Open Box Speakers:- Adorama

gumbay13
gumbay13 Posts: 360
edited October 2017 in Speakers
I truly wish i was in the market.
Insane prices!!

Not sure about their condition or how long the sale lasts.

Must really be tough for anyone trying to offload their LSIMs and having to compete with these prices plus free shipping.

https://www.adorama.com/pklsim705ba.html?sdtid=10637112&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

9b9khms5wbih.png

https://www.adorama.com/pklsim705bb.html?sdtid=10637112&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

0vmbwitd5w1e.png
AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
Source:OPPO UDP-203

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Yowsa!!! 70% off and free shipping. These days the shipping is getting to be killer for a normal person. Great bang for buck.
  • Wow!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    nice and bummer

nice sale price

bummer I don't have the cash to get them. then I would need the cash for a big amp too.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Wow. If I were a dealer I would buy from these guys. Talk about royally **** your network. Either that or they are still mass producing for margin. Either way. Idiots from top to down.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Quite the deal. Instead of ordering the above choices I went with the LSiM707 combo package with the Yamaha receiver .

https://adorama.com/pklsim707chc.html?sdtid=10637112&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

My wife is gonna flip, but it's too sweet of a deal to pass up.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    Quite the deal. Instead of ordering the above choices I went with the LSiM707 combo package with the Yamaha receiver .

https://adorama.com/pklsim707chc.html?sdtid=10637112&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

My wife is gonna flip, but it's too sweet of a deal to pass up.

Wow, that's a legit $1,600 receiver. You're going to enjoy that!

Can't figure it out though... That's well under what even the Signature series should sell for. I can't understand how Polk allows their top tier product to be dumped out there like this. Shipping and handling all those boxes costs money too, especially the big towers. Baffling.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I think the "Open Box" heading lets them get around the dealer rules for pricing the products, which is why they are offering them so low.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    Since an item can be marked as "Open Box" for many different reasons (i.e., returned without original packaging, writing on the original packaging, or manuals, packaging and items opened and tested) they may not include all accessories, manuals or original packaging. We recommend that you inspect and test the product immediately upon receipt. Open Box items are covered under original manufacturer's warranty

These are gray area goods that cannot be sold as new. Sorta gives you an idea of the markup involved. I doubt they are losing money. May not be making any either.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrloren
    I got my Signatures in one of those deals. I would go for one of these LSiM packages if I had the funds.

These might seam like crazy deals but I did get my RTi-8 for $100 each new in box @ Fry's in 2007.

Open box, model end close out and over inventory sales are great for the consumer but suck for the rest.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2017
    DaveHo wrote: »
    It's great for those of you who get in on one of these Adorma deals, but for those of us who paid considerably more, our speakers are pretty much worthless on the secondary market. Pisses me off. I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade but refuse to take a bath on the speakers, so I sit & wait & hope that one day my speakers will be worth something. It's not really Polk's fault I suppose, but I doubt I'll ever buy anything Polk again.

They are only worthless if you insist on constantly upgrading. These speakers are built to last for years, so changing them out just to try out something new is a problem of your own making.

So Adorama should let these open boxes just sit in their warehouse so you can get a good price for your speakers on the secondary market?? Really? And you won't buy from Polk again because of YOUR choice to sell what you have.

We choose to buy either new or used depending on our wallets.

One allows us to get brand new with warranty that we know that the manufacturer will have our backs if something goes wrong. All of that comes at a higher price tag.

But once they are in our possession, there is NO guarantee that we will ever get back what we paid out for them.

The other involves taking a chance and hoping everything works as described but cost us less money up front.

That's the price/risk you take by constantly wanting to upgrade.

That's not Polk's or Adorama's fault/problem.

If you are that interested in buying low and selling high, I suggest the stock market. Sometimes you just can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The way of the world according to cfrizz......shakes head.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    cfrizz wrote: »
    So Adorama should let these open boxes just sit in their warehouse so you can get a good price for your speakers on the secondary market??
    Do you really think these are true open box items? Nah, Adorama is just throwing that label on them in order to undercut just about everyone. It's their scheme. If these boxes have been opened, it's because they opened them. Great deal for consumers, though. And yes, I do feel sorry for folks who paid significantly more. These prices make Polk's friends and family deals look expensive. It's sad that Polk allows its flagship product to be cheapened like this. But hey, if I were in the market...
  • gumbay13
    edited October 2017
    Thank god for Polk's occasional 50% off deals and places like Adorama.

Heck, thank goodness for the internet. So much deals can be had with just a little patience and persistence.

• I know, even us peasants can afford good audio.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • cfrizz
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    So Adorama should let these open boxes just sit in their warehouse so you can get a good price for your speakers on the secondary market??
    Do you really think these are true open box items? Nah, Adorama is just throwing that label on them in order to undercut just about everyone. It's their scheme. If these boxes have been opened, it's because they opened them. Great deal for consumers, though. And yes, I do feel sorry for folks who paid significantly more. These prices make Polk's friends and family deals look expensive. It's sad that Polk allows its flagship product to be cheapened like this. But hey, if I were in the market...

I don't see why you should feel bad, they didn't get ripped off, they got a brand new set of speakers that will play just great for years to come. No one put a gun to his head and ordered him to buy them at full price, he chose to do so.

If you miss Polk's F&F sale, are you going to complain the following week that it is over that you now have to pay full price?

Do try to make up your mind MD. Is it right or is it wrong?

"It's sad that Polk allows its flagship product to be cheapened like this. But hey, if I were in the market..."

I'm sure Polk is getting a cut no matter what price the speakers are being sold at. What's important is that they are selling.

The only problems that arise are for people who are looking to sell what they bought, at whatever price they were at the time, but are now significantly lower. Unfortunately that's how the market works.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    If it was not for the Adorama dead I would not have my signature S60 and S20 right now.

Would like to get in this LSIm deal but my wallet says no.
  • cfrizz
    Well then I guess it is up to Polk to stop Adorama.

Everyone just wants the best deal for themselves. Since people don't want to pay MSRP from anyone, they all look for the best deals, which I guess is Adorama right now, but from what you said, they won't be able to maintain it forever either.

But I don't look at speakers, cars, or even houses as investments. For me speakers and cars are luxury items, not necessities. As for my condo, that is a necessity of a secure roof over my head that I can afford to live in. My executor will have to worry about the investment of it!
  • alan78
    alan78 Posts: 80
    I just got a signature package from them and it was labeled open box. All my stuff is in original packaging and looks great. So I can see that they just throw that out there to lower the price. I'm cool with it as it helped me out.

But that is with everything from cars to houses, to consumer electronics. Someone always gets a deal better than you and that's just the way it works. I've paid through the nose on stuff that later I found a buddy got half off. Oh well because at the end of the day I paid for the enjoyment. So no need to hate, sell when you want I don't think speakers are an appreciating asset so you will always lose anyway thinking of it like that.
  • mrloren
    I think the LSiM will be getting replaced by a newer LSi line soon, but this is still not clearance.

One thing about this LSi deal is an amp is needed to go along with it. So there is another $2k+ added to the cost, unless a crazy deal is found on a good used one. Don't think I would use an Emotiva or Monoprice amp on these.

I am happy with the Signature deal I got from Adorama but as it has been said it's almost too crazy and other dealers can't compete. In the long run it will cause the brand more harm than good.
  • mrloren
    DSkip wrote: »
    Actually, these can do quite well on a nice AVR. They are much easier on the power side than the Lsi were. This is a banging deal for those in the market.

Why did you have to say that man? Now I might start thinking about buying them... no no no they need a big amp doubling the price making them out of my price range.
  • TNTsTunes
    DaveHo wrote: »
    It's great for those of you who get in on one of these Adorma deals, but for those of us who paid considerably more, our speakers are pretty much worthless on the secondary market. Pisses me off. I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade but refuse to take a bath on the speakers, so I sit & wait & hope that one day my speakers will be worth something. It's not really Polk's fault I suppose, but I doubt I'll ever buy anything Polk again.

No argument here about how it hurts resale, but if it wasn't for this sale I could never own them. I'm on a fixed income due to a 4 level neck fusion, a 3 level lower lumbar to pelvis fusion, every remaining disc in my back being degenerated, having a benign brain tumor and more. I was just told at my 3 month cancer follow up I had after chemo that everything looked great, and my credit card offered me 0% for 18 months. I figured I'd celebrate some when I saw this deal, it's pretty much a once in a lifetime chance. I may not be able to lift them but I just couldn't pass this deal up. It's as far down the rabbit hole I can go, no money left for real speaker wires or anything. At least until after I sell off the cheap cheesy stereo stuff I have collected and learn how to refoam the 10-12 pairs of speakers I've had stored for years so they can go. Hopefully I won't have to sell much of my current systems, I really want to keep my SRS 2.3's, CRS+'s and my monitor 7's. It took me ten years to score them.

I do know how you feel, I had a 2 year old car I was going to sell when I couldn't work anymore and the manufacturer put a 5k rebate on the new ones. That put me upside down value wise. I sold it for over a grand less then what I owed... I sold my two pairs of mint 1c's and some sweet 2b's to help cover that.

• mdaudioguy
    I'm happy for anyone who gets into these fine speakers at such a bargain! That was definitely not the point of my comments. LSiM is a no-brainer at this price. Can't imagine what could beat it.
  • mrloren
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Come on man take a swing. These are Big Boy speakers, you know you want them. Besides you work hard all year long it's time to treat yourself. >:)

Just went over the funding and it say's no way. To top it off no place to put the 703 unless I spend more and make a 2 channel out in the living room. Wife would kick me out.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »
    Actually, these can do quite well on a nice AVR. They are much easier on the power side than the Lsi were. This is a banging deal for those in the market.

Why did you have to say that man? Now I might start thinking about buying them... no no no they need a big amp doubling the price making them out of my price range.

An SR5010 can do an admirable job pushing a pair of 705s. :)

I have the SR5010 driving the surrounds and center. I picked up a Emotiva BasX-A300 to power the S60
    You've got nice speakers man. I actually like the timbre of the Signature better. No doubt the LSiM are better, but you are at a good place as well.

I just spent the last two hours listening to some tunes, Yes Skip you're right stick with the S60
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    That's the free trade market man. Good for consumers, bad for people who are vested.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • cfrizz
    Wow TNT, you are certainly going through a lot. I wish you all the best, and that your health improves.
  • TNTsTunes
    Wow TNT, you are certainly going through a lot. I wish you all the best, and that your health improves.

Thanks.

It is what it is, I try to make the best of it. Being online helps and music is my great escape. Actually I'm doing pretty good right now and I'm working on improving that.

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    If I had been a little more patient, I could have gotten the 7 speaker deal (inclusive of a pair of 703s), for $530 less than what I paid for a 5 speaker package (LSIM 705/706C/702 f/x). :'(
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • gumbay13
    If I had been a little more patient, I could have gotten the 7 speaker deal (inclusive of a pair of 703s), for $530 less than what I paid for a 5 speaker package (LSIM 705/706C/702 f/x). :'(

Ouch. That really hurt$!!!
    So how do you like them thus far?