RMAF 2017 - October 6 - 8

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
Who's coming to RMAF this year? I'll be attending as usual, if there are a few of us going we should meet up for dinner one night, I know some great places up here.

The hotel is supposed to be done this year, if so this will be the first show in a couple years that isn't a complete cluster. Anyone who has the means to get up here should make a trip...this show is a perfect mix of guys building speakers in their garages, smaller high end companies and the big boys.

https://www.audiofest.net

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    I'm locked and loaded I'm game to meet up
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    You guys make it a whirl...and ask Larry to include golden girl, Courtney if she can make it
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Heck yes agree Ron
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    I will be there, I'm down for anything, where you thinking for dinner?
  • pitdogg2
    Hey I'm coming from Illinois so yea baby at the edible shack.... cookies, taffy, elixers Russ isn't coming so l'm safe from that handsy ****
  • pitdogg2
    Sorry Skip I'm staying with a close friend while I'm out there.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    If I do make the trip, I have a gaggle of Denver friends who fight over me staying with them so I would only be there for the show. Good news is I would be driving myself so...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    I won't be able to be there in person, but I'm very excited to say our cables will be in 2 rooms this year. :) We will be in the Raven Audio/Legacy Speakers room, and will also be in the JWM Acoustics room.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Looks like Polk has a room this year!!! RM2009 I think it was...
  • Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Looks like Polk has a room this year!!! RM2009 I think it was...

You gonna make them nifty card holders again Larry?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Always the worst time for me!
    Deer woods that time of year!
    I need to go.
    Nothing improves your system more, till you have heard what your missing! :(

geesh you get like a 3 months of hunting! So 3 days is going to kill it, I think not :p
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    LOL my Dad grew up in the Ouachita National forest area "Montgomery county"
    but same difference!d4upv5f58gdg.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Wish I could go to the RMAF and Skip's house the following weekend but I can only take off work for one of them so I'll be at Skip's.

Would have been great meeting Larry & Brian & Ivan and others again like Ryan!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2017
    I'm going, arriving Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. I'm staying at the Tech Center Marriott. I look forward to seeing some of you guys!
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I'm going, arriving Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. I'm staying at the Tech Center Marriott. I look forward to seeing some of you guys!

I hear Ron (candyliquor) is going with you?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
  • schwarcw
    SCompRacer wrote: »

I hear Ron (candyliquor) is going with you?

No, the two guys that I will meet up with are named Rich and Dan. Rich and I will spend our time at RMAF looking for Dan. JK Dan! ;)

Carl

• schwarcw
    Candyliquor is known by few anymore but nonetheless famous. Not so much in a good way.

Ron (rsaravan) was a whole different character and torment to the forum. Bye bye to both!
    Carl

• Whose Dan?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    Whose Dan?

You honeysuckle o:)<3
  • schwarcw
    Whose Dan?

A retired friend of mine who's Polk ID was DiPole Dan. He liked Carver Ribbon speakers. He will be traveling in from Maryland.
    Carl

• schwarcw wrote: »
    Whose Dan?

A retired friend of mine who's Polk ID was DiPole Dan. He liked Carver Ribbon speakers. He will be traveling in from Maryland.

Ahh.... something must be wrong with him to like Carver Amazings or AL+'s..... sounds like my kinda guy

(the username is one I'm familiar with, but its been quite some time since I've seen it referenced :smile)
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Whose Dan?

Nope.... aint no honeysuckle here..... you got me confused with someone else....
  • schwarcw
    Whose Dan?

Ahh.... something must be wrong with him to like Carver Amazings or AL+'s..... sounds like my kinda guy

(the username is one I'm familiar with, but its been quite some time since I've seen it referenced :smile)

Dan owned Amazing Plat Mark IVs in oak and also the AL++ in oak.

I owned a pair of AL++ that I got from Ricardo, who got them from Rich, who got them from ??? Nice speakers!
    Carl

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Whose Dan?

Nope.... aint no honeysuckle here..... you got me confused with someone else....

Oh thats right sourpuss
  • pitdogg2
    Come on Dan make the pilgrimage
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Whose Dan?

Oh thats right sourpuss

There we go, dat's me :smile:......
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    edited September 2017

I owned a pair of AL++ that I got from Ricardo, who got them from Rich, who got them from ??? Nice speakers!

Norm (RIP). Still miss him. Norm had the Black and the Oak AL's. IIRC both had the woofer upgrade. I think I did the woofer upgrades in one of them, the Oak AL's.

Ed the SRT king said he melted the fuses on a pair of AL's cranking them up to see how loud they would play with the Krell amps...lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *