RMAF 2017 - October 6 - 8

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    edited September 2017
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Candyliquor is known by few anymore but nonetheless famous. Not so much in a good way.

Ron (rsaravan) was a whole different character and torment to the forum. Bye bye to both!

I thought they were one and the same? The SL 2000 tweeter with resistor in series trick? Damn I'm getting old, memory foggy...

It was funny at HQ Polk Fest. I'm Ron.....everybody looked...lol

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer wrote: »
    I'm going, arriving Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. I'm staying at the Tech Center Marriott. I look forward to seeing some of you guys!

I hear Ron (candyliquor) is going with you?

LOL, candyliquor...Famous for his "Coat Hanger" Speaker Wire!!!

The blunt of a lot of ridicule, but he just kept coming back for more.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2017
    Someone check out Anthem and demo the new STR amp and pre, room 9007. I would really appreciate an opinion.

Thanks Motor.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2017
    0ts634lc5fuy.jpg
    3pvn9tp15zxj.jpg

Carl and Dipole Dan. I'm too ugly....
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    hud3bhzmqrms.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    Stylus to optical out

al1bctey6b3j.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2017
    sv8x1j5yukam.jpg

iciv3wpn0qtc.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    Skip has a fine sounding room. We gave it four Carl's. Would have got 5 if he had candy....

f9a7oafik365.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    His candy was of the eye variety
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    who's that dude in Skips room? :)

Nice room! WTG!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Anne Bisson is HOT! The picture doesn't do her justice.

Fun day! Skip's room looked and sounded great. I look forward to seeing some more Polkies tomorrow.
    Carl

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    I couldn't stay long today as I had a dentist appointment this afternoon but will be there tomorrow most of the day..
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Anne Bisson is HOT! The picture doesn't do her justice.

Yes, and we can all see just who jumped in there to cop a feel.

Rich, you ROCK!
  • We are in the show! Douglas Connection cables are featured in the Raven Audio / Legacy Audio display in the Evergreen A room. Looks like lots of traffic! :)nktu51gpgddd.jpg
    0stmiuzabkvj.jpg
    n63oler65jgi.jpg
    lmh195jwel87.jpg
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    1vy28oijihgo.jpeg

These were so sweet.
  • pitdogg2
    Met and talked to Sandy Goss. Very nice approachable gentleman.
  • ntd381e74ifn.jpg
    Still my favorites. I wish they'd put them in a bigger room.
    Over all great weekend. It was great to finally put name's to faces!
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    I'm certain Jim Salk had a room . . . Any comments on the Salk Sound?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2017
    GlennDog wrote: »

IIRC there was at least one set playing but i thought i seen 2 pairs
    My one take away was this one room had these bookies that had an impressive huge deep sound stage with very nice low end. I'm sorry i do not remember the speakers. After about 50+ rooms it all runs together.
    Remember that most rooms are packed tight and folks are trying to come and go. I didn't grab every piece of literature that was available. I like travelling lite. Some rooms it was very hard to get to the seats or get the perfect seat without folks to the left and the right sucking up your sound stage. Although this was my first I agree with scompracer that next time there will be no wasting as much time as i did in rooms that are 8-10yrs of wages to acquire.
    I sure was impressed with the Dan D'Agostino's amplifier that is art pure and simple.
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2017

He just had some Song 3's set up that sound good with [I can't recall who's] gear. The pricey Exotica 3's were just on display. Usually he shares a room/equipment with Van Alstine.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2017
    D2Dan and I sat in the Salk room for several songs while Rich was BSing to Jim and his wife. D2Dan and I both thought the Salk sound was very good and a nice size footprint for a typical living space.

A lot of the speakers other speaker brands as Pittdog noted are way to much money but also they are big and need space to breath. The Wilson Alexis II weighs a mere 250+ pounds each. Who has room for them? But damn! They sound great! But for $75K or whatever, I will never own them. I loved hearing them with the Nagra equipment. Easily my favorite room at the show.
    Carl

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

My one take away was this one room had these bookies that had an impressive huge deep sound stage with very nice low end. I'm sorry i do not remember the speakers. After about 50+ rooms it all runs together.
    Remember that most rooms are packed tight and folks are trying to come and go. I didn't grab every piece of literature that was available. I like travelling lite. Some rooms it was very hard to get to the seats or get the perfect seat without folks to the left and the right sucking up your sound stage. Although this was my first I agree with scompracer that next time there will be no wasting as much time as i did in rooms that are 8-10yrs of wages to acquire.
    I sure was impressed with the Dan D'Agostino's amplifier that is art pure and simple.

This tells me they had the mids all wrong.if all you noticed was the bottom end. Catering to the masses I take?

Cheers.
  • pitdogg2
    halen wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

This tells me they had the mids all wrong.if all you noticed was the bottom end. Catering to the masses I take?

Cheers.

Absolutely not what I'm saying is the size of the speakers they played like large floor standers and had the low end of a larger floor stander. They had a huge presence not something you normally get from small 2 way bookies. Wide deep sound stage.