CUE file for oppo playlist ??s

I have an oppo 103d and a 203 and have a usb external HD on each with all the music files in FLAC format. The files are individual files not entire CD images. Oppo tech support says I need to create a CUE file for a playlist and am looking for input on whether this will work when the files are located in subfolders with the artist/album/track arrangement. It took 3 emails to get that much info out of oppo. I will continue to try to ask them also.
Main System
Marantz AV8802A PrePro
Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
Oppo 203 Bluray
Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
Rythmik F15HP sub
Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
Mac Mini Server

Office System
Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
Oppo 103D Bluray
Polk SDA-SRS 2
Parasound HCA-1500A
Polk PSW 650 sub
Microrendu
Roku Ultra
Mac Mini Server

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I have an external HDD connect to my 205 as well. To create playlists I connect the HDD to my computer & use Foobar2000(it's free) to build playlists. The playlist is saved as a .m3u file in the root folder of the HDD. The Oppo recognizes this format just fine.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    I'll try that. I would guess the 203 will work and hopefully the 103 will too.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    COOL. I always wondered how to create a playlist on the oppo.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • I’m trying to create a m3u playlist using Foobar on a Samsung USB drive. Playlist is created and in the root directory of the drive. My OPPO 203 cannot find any playlist. It sees all my flac files fine but no playlist. Are you guys using m3u files on the OPPO? If so what am I doing wrong?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Interesting topic. I have only downloaded some .Flac and some MP4 files to a USB thumb Drive and played them on my Oppo 203. I didn't try playlists but now I'd like to figure out how.
    Anyone figure that out yet? I'll have to find some time this week to give that a run.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Easy Runnin
    Easy Runnin Posts: 501
    I can't figure it out either. Im trying to put several files on a usb drive along with some playlists. My 203 doesn't see the M3U playlists I created with Media Monkey. I've tried editing the path information in the M3U using Notepad but the Oppo can never identify any playlists on the USB drive.

If I create an M3U with Media Monkey on my PC the Oppo has no problem finding, accessing and playing that playlist.

If I create a playlist from the songs on the USB drive using the Oppo, the Oppo sees and plays the playlist. But if I then move the USB drive to my PC and search for the playlist I created on the Oppo, the PC can't identify that playlist.

I'm not sure what a CUE is. Maybe that's my problem. What is and how do you create a Cue?

HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    I have all of my High definition music on my 3 Terabyte network back up hard drive (*connected to my router via Ethernet *) I’ve never had to do any of that??? It all shows up on my Oppos menu. I’ve had the BDP-83, then the 93, then the 103. Now I have a UDP-205. Same with all of them.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    Had some more files to put on the usb drive directly attached to the 203 and thought I'd try to play with this some more as it didn't work when I initially was trying. I installed foobar2000 on laptop, moved the usb HD to the laptop and created the playlist in the root folder and also put a copy in the parent folder for all the albums. I have the HD folders as root/music/artist/albums/songs. Neither of the .m3u files are recognized by the oppo. Any suggestions? Settings?
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • DaveHo wrote: »
    I have an external HDD connect to my 205 as well. To create playlists I connect the HDD to my computer & use Foobar2000(it's free) to build playlists. The playlist is saved as a .m3u file in the root folder of the HDD. The Oppo recognizes this format just fine.
    Dave, I have tried this exact same thing on my system. It didn't work (Oppo couldn't see any of foobar's playlist formats). What is your secret?

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited October 2019
    Does anyone other than me use a network attached backup hard drive?
    My desktop computer is running the latest version of Windows 10 and I found out from Western Digital how to turn the SMB back on, so I can stream my DSD files. I don't have any problems streaming ANY audio or video files from either my backup hard drive or my computer over my network. I'm not saying that I am so great or grand here. I'm just wondering why some of you are having all of these problems.
    Windows Media Player works perfectly for these functions via the DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) I stream DSD (Direct Stream Digital-which is the backbone of the SACD) over the SMB (Server Messenger Block) because DLNA doesn't recognize those files.
    All of the Oppo players from the 10x series on will play DSD files either from a USB stick or stream them via the SMB. However Apple computers no longer recognize SMB. Windows turns it off now, but you can go in and turn it back on in the turn widows features on and off section.
    All of the FLAC, WAV, ALAC and AIFF files work just fine via the DLNA.
    Same with video files.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    hawkster27 wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Dave, I have tried this exact same thing on my system. It didn't work (Oppo couldn't see any of foobar's playlist formats). What is your secret?

I'm now having issues as well, actually for quite awhile. M3u playlists aren't recognized anymore. I can't quite pinpoint when it happened, but they suddenly stopped working one day. I haven't got around to trying a different format.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    JRiver and Exact Audio Copy can both create cue files. In JRiver select 'Tools' then 'Options' , then 'CD, DVD and BD', then 'File Management' and choose 'Rip to a single file with CUE rather than separate files'. In EAC I can't remember exactly but I believe it's under 'EAC', then 'Options'.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones