Dual Rythmik F-25 Direct Servo subs - On the way!

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Those subs do look sweet
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Very nice Tom. Congrats on the new subs!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    3tjcv4php4v2.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I do have photos but I'm at a loss of how to post one without photobucket. I have never used anything else...

Any hints of a service that can utilize 3rd party hosting would help.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I do have photos but I'm at a loss of how to post one without photobucket. I have never used anything else...

Any hints of a service that can utilize 3rd party hosting would help.

Tom

Post them directly from your phone or computer.

Last button on the right up top.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Awesome pic!!!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    what are the speakers on the pedestals Tom? Boy those subs sure have some large outriggers on them.
  • treitz3
    Hi Pittdogg2.

Hehehe.....the "subs" with the outriggers are actually the crossover units. One for each channel. You are not the first to make that mistake, in fact, most folks initially think those are the subs.

The Rythmik subs are actually behind the mains, to the outside of the system. These are what you were asking about on pedestals. They are located on what I used to consider "large" Target Audio stands, flipped upside down so the base is connected to the subs. The stands weigh in at about 90 or so pounds each and the subs weigh in at 170 pounds each. They are not moving.

Thanks for the kind words, erniejade.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    That's beautiful. Congrats
    I've been a proponent of integrated subs since a Wilson Audio RMAF 2013 demo with their TOTL speakers and subs playing Wilson's master HD recordings presented by Peter McGrath.

Just feels like you get all the music. You hear things that you've missed.

pf6zclljuqaj.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• treitz3
    I completely agree, Ron. I would have loved to have been there for that demo.

Thank you for the kind words. Glad I pulled the trigger on these. I just wish I had done it much sooner. *bangs head* Still blows my mind just how much lower level information is offered in stereo......I never knew......but I do now!!!

Tom
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Those subs......are crossovers......

Mind blown. :dizzy:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    Hi Pittdogg2.

Hehehe.....the "subs" with the outriggers are actually the crossover units. One for each channel. You are not the first to make that mistake, in fact, most folks initially think those are the subs.

The Rythmik subs are actually behind the mains, to the outside of the system. These are what you were asking about on pedestals. They are located on what I used to consider "large" Target Audio stands, flipped upside down so the base is connected to the subs. The stands weigh in at about 90 or so pounds each and the subs weigh in at 170 pounds each. They are not moving.

Thanks for the kind words, erniejade.

Tom

I remember you doing the crossovers I just didn't realize they were HUUUUGE ;)
    That's very nice wish I could hear it. I must admit those subs do look like the will fall right over, if they get the right resonance :p bet they are planted very well with that amount of weight
  • vmaxer
    Here ya' go. Found a backdoor way to post a photo of the rig using Facebook, of all things. Believe me now Ron? lol

21753311_1134859439979619_4528131966569633915_o.jpg?oh=167eca690cdad66af3d88f9a38952b85&oe=5A4E9D50

Tom

I would love to listen to that system, awesome.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    I'm at work so I'm not going to search for the "I am slightly aroused" picture, but someone feel free to add it here.

Tom, I'm happy that you've got yourself to this new level of enjoyment.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • txcoastal1
    agfrost wrote: »

We'll see how long that lasts :|

• agfrost wrote: »
    I'm at work so I'm not going to search for the "I am slightly aroused" picture, but someone feel free to add it here.

Ask an ye shall receive.... ;)

5wa4bttlix8i.jpg

• @treitz3

I wanna see dem xover pics man.... I know you gotta have a ton.... let me see those sexy innards!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    Gonna have to ask Trey for those. We lost most of them when Photobucket screwed every forum out there. I have no photos of them myself. I always got them off of what was already posted online.

The new voice coil is in and the system is back up and running in less than 48 hours. Nice to have sound again! We'll keep it down a little bit on occasion from now on, so the tweeter can cool down a bit.

Thanks agfrost. I appreciate the kind words.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Endershadow, I was able to find one thread that didn't get wiped out. Look on page 2 and you will be able to see the insides of the crossover units during the build.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2263326#Comment_2263326

Tom
  • vmaxer
    Endershadow, I was able to find one thread that didn't get wiped out. Look on page 2 and you will be able to see the insides of the crossover units during the build.

Tom

I had to look at the photos, wow.

Has Jerry got to hear them?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

Tom

"With the crossover upgrade, the subs are truthfully no longer "needed". Will determine whether they stay or go in about 3 months when the crossovers are completely burnt in."

Look where you are now! 4X 15 inchers!
    Would love to hear them. I've heard two FV15HP's on a theater crawl and they were tighter than.... yeah... ya know....
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• treitz3
    It is what it is. Just stepping up the game to get me to the next level.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    every time you crank those up somewhere in Africa Elephants are looking to get laid.....
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited September 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I've been a proponent of integrated subs since a Wilson Audio RMAF 2013 demo with their TOTL speakers and subs playing Wilson's master HD recordings presented by Peter McGrath.

Just feels like you get all the music. You hear things that you've missed.

pf6zclljuqaj.jpg
    I bet that was a great demo Ron. At recent shows Vandersteen has been demonstrating a similar mega buck setup with their Model Sevens mated to a pair of Model Nine subwoofers.(The subs essentially the same as the woofer section of the Sevens.) Would love hear that system as well.

I agree "properly" integrated subwoofer(s) can improve the results even with large full range speakers. It may take some effort to get them integrated seamlessly but worth it.
  • Tom, are the new Subs placed on Stands? If so, what stands Are you using? From the pic they don't appear to substantial enough to support them, although they must be up to the task!
  • pitdogg2
    Tom, are the new Subs placed on Stands? If so, what stands Are you using? From the pic they don't appear to substantial enough to support them, although they must be up to the task!

Per Tom

They are located on what I used to consider "large" Target Audio stands, flipped upside down so the base is connected to the subs. The stands weigh in at about 90 or so pounds each and the subs weigh in at 170 pounds each.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Wow! I know you told me how much you like your system compared to other you have heard and I now know why ;)

Super cool system Tom!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited September 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Tom, are the new Subs placed on Stands? If so, what stands Are you using? From the pic they don't appear to substantial enough to support them, although they must be up to the task!

Per Tom

They are located on what I used to consider "large" Target Audio stands, flipped upside down so the base is connected to the subs. The stands weigh in at about 90 or so pounds each and the subs weigh in at 170 pounds each.

Thanks, I missed that part...I've not viewed Elevated Subs before...Killer Set-Up

• treitz3
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    agfrost wrote: »
    We'll see how long that lasts :|
    2 years so far, Ron and loving it! (Well, except for the loss of the Dodd being out of the rig).

I have noticed a flurry of talk about subwoofers recently on the Polk forum. These Dual Rythmik's are honestly what I would consider "World Class". The room I have them in now is considerably smaller than the vast, open cabin we had at Carverfest but they (to my surprise) don't sound "overpowering" to the rig and when dialed in correctly are simply bliss.

I am still finding lower frequencies and sounds in stereo that I have not ever heard before, on all different types of albums and I have to admit, it is a pleasure to experience these types of things.

They are not the easiest to dial in but once they are? Holy Smokes Batman!!!

I'll put it to you this way. This is one area that I will never have to address again. They have brought me nothing but sonic joy ever since I got them. The only time they aggravated the crap out of me is a couple of weeks ago when I upgraded the PC's. I am now back to being perfectly dialed in.

The one thing I have noticed with these subs. The pre has to be extremely loud for you to visually see the woofers move. The control the servo has on these things is incredible and it makes for a VERY tight lower end. They laugh at subterranean bass like it's nothing. Very tight, musical, accurate and pleasing. Even with "not so well" recorded music.

For those who are on the fence when it comes to Rythmik/servo subs? I've said it once, I'll say it again. I don't think it's the brand so much as it is the technology. IMO/IME, I still have yet to hear a better sub(s).

Honestly, the price wasn't that bad either. Especially considering that their is no way I will ever spend another dime on the lower end of the spectrum for my rig. I am one very please customer and I don't think I could have a higher praise for this product. They are absolutely wonderful.

Tom