New Speakers too: Italians have arrived

Comments

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Haha. Trust me, I am not a fan of the Wilson looks but I do enjoy it's sound.

Right now I am deciding on a DAC. Very likely will be a Lamp or another Chord. Will also rotate some amps as well, both solid state and single ended.

Who knows, I may very well just run with an 11 channel avr that pumps out 140 into all 11. Haha

Cheers
  • halen
    New home, new speakers. "Life's been good to me (halen)" Love the look of your new speakers, I would imagine they have the lo-end covered very well! N'joy!!!

Thanks. Life is good. Whether it is or not. I set a goal and hundreds smaller. Perseverance.

Cheers.
  • halen
    Over 48 hours break in.

I don't have my upstream yet. But I could say this. You must at least demo Rosso. They are special.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Man. Few. Words.

Pay.

Attention.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halen
    Tom,

Come back to Dallas. I am certain I could learn much.
  • halen
    You know. Single ended is and are...

End game.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What version/device(s) Skip?

I haven't heard that in a while either....interested in what/where you are brother...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    halen wrote: »
    bivwpldgloy4.jpg

I like those spikes B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2017
    What sizes are we talking about? Are they stainless steel?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    You went without for a while, but you got back in the game in a big, big way. I'm just picturing in my mind both you and Marvin sitting in your respective sweet spots with these huge smiles on your faces.

Ehhh,
    He's got his Usher 777's, my MD2's were there for a year, my Dyn C4's for 3 months

Don't really consider that going without

I have my mind set on MD's because I have no heart. A couple of yooz have given up on them, please tell me why. Maybe I am barking up the wrong rope?

Those Rosso's seem really nice but the ones that I think I would like are outside of roller derby rink.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I let mine go due to over crowding

I also let my Dyn C4's go too
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    afterburnt wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    You went without for a while, but you got back in the game in a big, big way. I'm just picturing in my mind both you and Marvin sitting in your respective sweet spots with these huge smiles on your faces.

Ehhh,
    He's got his Usher 777's, my MD2's were there for a year, my Dyn C4's for 3 months

Don't really consider that going without

I have my mind set on MD's because I have no heart. A couple of yooz have given up on them, please tell me why. Maybe I am barking up the wrong rope?

Those Rosso's seem really nice but the ones that I think I would like are outside of roller derby rink.

I have not given up on my Usher's and unlikely ever would. The Usher bookies are among my favorites, if you could really call the 777 bookies.

• afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has given up on Usher - its just we all finally found that company that takes what they do and moves the bar way up. We have all been searching for it for a long time and it just so happens Rosso Fiorentino is the one to move said bar.

It took us all years - going on a decade - to really find that company that also didn't cost multitudes of the entry price for Usher.

I know that we discussed this briefly but, would you be so kind as to tell which Rossos would be appropriate for my humble commode? Just for the hell of it because I am sure I can't afford them lest I want to chance another stint in the joint.
  • halen
    edited August 2017
    Quick update.

The Siena's have been breaking in the past couple of days. Each passing day, my smile gets bigger. I was able to switch out and tried two amps. Skip brought the Master sound Compact 845 over yesterday. The difference is night and day, painfully obvious. Swapping in the 845, adjustments had to be made to the speakers positioning. I also got some new sound panels but have not made any attempts to set.it up yet.

When I moved out of my old house, my audio toys were scattered everywhere. So I am still sorely missing my dac and music server. I actually forgot I had a tube dac based on the AKM chip. Good news is I should be getting those items later today.

Once the missing links are in place, it will probably take some time before I swap out any other components.

Oh, one thing I will add is the cable elevators from our very own F1.

Cheers.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited August 2017
    I almost moved the Rosso with my wedding ring on. Scratching it would turn this dream into a nightmare.

DUDE!
    I have an elderly aunt staying with me and this is Exactly my prob! . . . . . she leans on speaks, drags her ring across the finish . . . I.Am.Going.Out.Of.My.Mind

until yesterday afternoon! Respiratory issues. Checked her into the hospital

Edit: Enjoy those Bad Boys, very nice, I'm jello
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • afterburnt
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I almost moved the Rosso with my wedding ring on. Scratching it would turn this dream into a nightmare.

DUDE!
    I have an elderly aunt staying with me and this is Exactly my prob! . . . . . she leans on speaks, drags her ring across the finish . . . I.Am.Going.Out.Of.My.Mind

Respiratory issues, nice move!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454

DUDE!

I hear you there, 88 year old mother in law who has to hold onto everything in her walking path. My wife made her ditch her rings and watch when she comes in the house.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • afterburnt
    mrloren wrote: »

DUDE!

I hear you there, 88 year old mother in law who has to hold onto everything in her walking path. My wife made her ditch her rings and watch when she comes in the house.

I don't let anyone over 70 in my house, they smell funny.
  • halen
    edited August 2017
    mrloren wrote: »

DUDE!

Ha. With all due respect, maybe I come.from a different time. But no elderly that visits my place will be left alone to be clinging onto things to walk. I would naturally be the aided walker. And also say WTF to the ones that took their elderly to my place. No issues with elderly but plenty for those that made it that far due to the elderly.

Come on man.

Cheers guys.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Very nice, glad to hear you’re getting settled into the new place and back in to audio. I know how it is going without a system for a while, I’m still recovering from a $55k surgery so it will be some time before I’m ready to jump back in but I’m looking forward to that day.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Very nice, glad to hear you’re getting settled into the new place and back in to audio. I know how it is going without a system for a while, I’m still recovering from a $55k surgery so it will be some time before I’m ready to jump back in but I’m looking forward to that day.

Did you have more procedures since LSAF....feel free to email or PM me if you'd like
    Good to hear from ya' Danny

Cheers bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen

Danny,

Cool season is around the corner here in Dallas Town. You know how it goes. So after the 10th anniversary iPhone hits..

You gotta come hear these Siena's my professor X with a full head of hair!

And lets talk mirrorless camera's. Sony A9 waiting broham. Ha

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    I had an experimental procedure that restored a little vision in the functional eye I have left. It wasn’t a huge success but it got me to 20/100 in that eye which was an improvement, I can at least get out and go hiking on my own now. That’s why I haven’t been around here as much. Experimental also means not covered under insurance and was expensive but the money was worth even a chance of getting some of that sight back. I’ll get back on my feet eventually and start throwing together a 2 channel system, right now my Headphones get the job done.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I can’t wait to hear those, will look you up when I’m there for sure. Unfortunately cameras are another hobby that I’ve had to neglect given everything going on...I do still have my Fuji though
  • halen
    Danny,

Pardon my speed reading. It sucks.

Wish you the very best bro. Take care of yourself. That is a heavy experience to go through, let's talk.

Take care.

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited August 2017
    Danny: I know my perspective is obviously different that yours and I know the results may not have justified the cost, but I'm glad to hear there was at least some success with the procedure. Best of luck and take care.

Halen: I've got to get over and hear those bad boys. A little bit of a hike for me, but I'm sure it will be worth it, especially if we can enjoy a cold one (or 5) and maybe some not wings while listening.

I need to make a Saturday of it: Marvins to hear his new speakers (and he can feed some BBQ) and then on to Halen's for some more listening, a few more beers, and some wings.

I might even stop and grab Skip so I'll have some good audio conversation between north of Ft. Worth and east of Dallas.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • halen
    Paul,

Sounds like a great plan, get Marvn out this way as well! I also need to head out west. There are a few locals here with setups that I would like to experience.

On a side note. I did have relatives that came over and placed their drinks on my Usher's. That was a dangerous moment. So I could definitely understand how people feel, especially the while wearing a ring. lol.
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    On a side note. I did have relatives that came over and placed their drinks on my Usher's. That was a dangerous moment. So I could definitely understand how people feel, especially the while wearing a ring. lol.

I've taken to putting baseball caps/cowboy hats on mine to stop this from happening whenever I have people over. Nothing gets me triggered like sweating drinks placed ontop of the speakers.

Would I come into your home and put my coaster-less drink on your antique dining room table? I think not..
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    andrew82 wrote: »
    Would I come into your home and put my coaster-less drink on your antique dining room table? I think not..

You should and see what they say ;)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2017
    Paul,

Sounds like a great plan, get Marvn out this way as well! I also need to head out west. There are a few locals here with setups that I would like to experience.

Yall are always welcome to stop by my place when in Ft Worth.

Most visitors to my house know the rules. Touch the stereo and I will show you the front door. Leave a drink on my speakers and you just bought them.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables