Polk Magnifi Switching Input Sources

I have a Magnifi soundbar and sub. Recently it has started switching input sources on it's on. The only input plugged in is the optical input from the TV. It will at times just switch to the Line In input, and sometimes even try to switch over to Bluetooth.

It doesn't appear to be a remote issue, I've tried hiding all remotes we have in a drawer so I could be sure no IR signal was being sent to the soundbar. It still switches sources, regardless of sound level or whether I'm watching regular TV, an HDMI source, or even an old AV source.

I don't know what's going on with it, but it's annoying to be in the middle of a movie and have the audio switch sources for no apparent reason.

Comments

• Good morning @bojib,

What kind of TV do you have? LCD, LED, Plasma?
  • Bojib
    Bojib Posts: 2
    Sharp Roku-TV LED
  • I think I have the same problem. I have my Magnifi soundbar connected to my TV, a Sony Bravia LCD TV, model KDL-52W4100 via the optical cable. From time to time, I'll be sitting watching TV and poof, the Magnifi soundbar goes silent. If I pick up the Magnifi remote and press the "opt1" button, the sound resumes. This is starting to occur more frequently and is quickly becoming rather annoying.
  • Hello,
    I'm sorry there's a problem. It would be best to contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 when prompted. I'm sure they can help.
    Cheers, Ken
  • I have had the same issues once I remove battery from Polk remote it stops. Change your battery out it’s getting weak. My sound bar would randomly change inputs and max out the volume mute it’s self. Removed battery from Polk remote and it stopped. Put a new battery in still no issues. Worth a try
  • NYKing
    NYKing Posts: 5
    edited December 2019
    I have the same problem with my Polk FR1 soundbar. It would randomly change inputs and sometimes power off as well every 5 minutes or so. I tried resetting it, removing batteries from remote (not sure how this would have made a difference), and covering the IR sensor on the front with a metal shield. None of my actions worked. The soundbar was fine for a year before this issue. Really annoying to the point that it is almost un-usable.
  • NYKing
    NYKing Posts: 5
    I finally figured out the issue...the infrared sensor on the soundbar got super sensitive for some reason (it was fine for a year) and is now picking up signals from other sources around me (I live in an apartment building). I fixed the issue by draping a small thick towel over the front of the soundbar. That blocked the sensor and fixed the problem but unfortunately, that means I could no longer use the remote. At least the soundbar is no longer scaring the bejeezus out of me!
  • I had the issue last night where it turned itself on and picked up bluetooth from neighbors. Woke me up at 1am, nearly s**t myself. After clearing my house I unplugged the soundbar and went back to bed. Known issue?