Monoprice's new Engineered and Patented Monolith RCA on order

Comments

• it says ultimate performance but you say it is compared to a lower line AQ cable ?

So AQ isn't a performance cable?
  • it says ultimate performance but you say it is compared to a lower line AQ cable ?

So AQ isn't a performance cable?

AQ makes a nice cable, the AQ cable mentioned is one of their lower end models so comparing it to a lower end cable and calling it ultimate does not really make sense.

if it were compared to one of their high end cables it would make sense to call it ultimate.

i own a low end AQ interconnect, it cost me about 30 bucks, its a nice cable and i liked it better than some more expensive interconnects i have owned. its sounded good on every stereo set up i have used it on.

i have some mono price in wall speaker wire.. sounds fine one my lower end speakers but sounds very bright and harsh on both sets of my higher end speakers, the other 2 sets of speaker cable i have do not sound bright or harsh like that on my higher end speakers so it seems its not all that great

the monoprice interconnect cables i bought a few years ago broke when trying to install them on the CD player. they were so tight i was having a hard time getting them to slide on, i tried to wiggle them on a little and the metal on the connectors actually snapped and it ruined them, it happened on both pairs. those things were very poorly made.
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    giphy.gif
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Well Dub, that is one opinion. Nothing wrong with that. However, it isn't the only opinion around on the subject. I like reading all opinions on a subject, and then weigh each one on whether it is useful, or just someone pontificating.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Well Dub, that is one opinion. Nothing wrong with that. However, it isn't the only opinion around on the subject. I like reading all opinions on a subject, and then weigh each one on whether it is useful, or just someone pontificating.

Yeah Yeah...but has DuB ever tried it?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    Who knows. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2017
    It's a shame that some people will swallow hook, line and sinker what is posted at that anti-audiophile site and deprive themselves of greater fidelity.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's a shame that some people are so gullible they will swallow hook, line and sinker what is posted at that anti-audiophile site and deprive themselves of greater fidelity.

It's just like any subject. People have their opinion on a subject, and they find others who support their opinion. While we all do it, an adult will at least consider alternative ideas, and not be 100% partisan on any subject. Who knows, an open mind might lead to a better understanding of something versus being a know-it-all who really knows little.

That is why I like reading different opinions on cables. As an engineer I was very skeptical about cables, especially power cords. Yet, I kept reading how they made a big difference, and the authors seemed to be credible in other areas. So, I eventually broke down and tried some, and now I can't say enough good things about high-end power cords. Live and learn. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    I was referring to the article
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    vUk5ke6.gif
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    I was thinking more like....
    z8xdwepioo3z.gif

• BlueFox
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    z8xdwepioo3z.gif

Now that is the definition of an optimist. Or positive thinking. LOL

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    z8xdwepioo3z.gif

This just made my night. Hahahaha
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• txcoastal1
    edited June 2017

Moral to the story is at least he tried :) ...otherwise your accomplishments are worth....92cm4bdiprfq.gif

• BlueFox
    Indeed.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116

I did point out in my above comments that I have not auditioned the Monoprice cables.

I bought some of their speaker cable several years back, can't get rid of it.

You want to buy it??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    vmaxer wrote: »

I did point out in my above comments that I have not auditioned the Monoprice cables.

You want to buy it??

You're in the wrong thread. Please re-post in the classified, for sale section.

If you are having trouble marketing your speaker wire investment, you may want to try Craig's list and Ebay. Or even do a good Karma give away. Perhaps maybe you should wait for the spot price of copper clad aluminum wire to double and then sell it back to Best Buy. Or, wait for the wire to turn lime green and sell it as "classic lime" speaker cable and charge a premium for the lime coloration. Or, you may wish to get the copper clad aluminum enhanced by getting it tinned. Once enhanced, you can hook up your boom box speakers to it and turn that device into a true audiophile stereo.

There are many options available for you that are worth exploring before taking a financial loss. Plus you should consider networking with all your audiophile buds at this forum. I'm sure they would jump at a good deal. Maybe even take the wire with you to DSkip's fall event and then you can demo it and hold an auction for it.

Thanks for thinking of me and letting me know what is available. Unfortunately, I'm not in the market for quality, used speaker wire. I hope you can find a happy home for it soon! Good luck! :blush:

You too funny, and I never said it was quality. However, you seem to be a fan (or are you?) so I thought you may have interest.

Thanks for all your other KIND comments.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • BlueFox
    vmaxer wrote: »

You want to buy it??
    You're in the wrong thread. Please re-post in the classified, for sale section.

I don't agree. I think this belongs in both threads.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704

Moral to the story is at least he tried :) ...otherwise your accomplishments are worth....92cm4bdiprfq.gif

LMAO....
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's a shame that some people will swallow hook, line and sinker what is posted at that anti-audiophile site and deprive themselves of greater fidelity.

What a great and simple expression of a perspective that encourages exploration in audio - Encouragement to explore for the "soul" purpose of sweetening listening pleasures and the feelings that music evokes in us.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    Sounds like you found a new home :)

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2017

Not really, that website is just my vacation getaway. It is a place I go to unwind and escape from the bad karma that sometimes goes on incessantly at another audio forum. That forum shall remain nameless, but I'll give you a hint, the first letter in its name is P. We all could use a vacation from time to time, some more than others. I hope you will be able to get away for at least a year or three. You'll be missed but not forgotten, or is it the other way around? :p

vtfn4b352z4l.jpg
    I'm with DuB! He/she knows what's good for me! I'll be seeing you "P" losers later...
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    lightman1 wrote: »

vtfn4b352z4l.jpg
    I'm with DuB! He/she knows what's good for me! I'll be seeing you "P" losers later...

Now that would be a vacation for all of us!! ;)