The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    The difference is the generations. Today we have baby boomers reliving their youth from the muscle car era. Millennials don't care about those things, heck a good percentage don't even drive, so to think there will be the demand for muscle cars 20 years from now doesn't make sense.

Maybe put a 2018 Leaf in the garage for 20yrs????

Ha, there ya go.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    The difference is the generations. Today we have baby boomers reliving their youth from the muscle car era. Millennials don't care about those things, heck a good percentage don't even drive, so to think there will be the demand for muscle cars 20 years from now doesn't make sense.

The purchaser of that barn find was a 28 year old software engineer...not quite a boomer I don't think...My point being that back in the day,a very small percentage of buyers did it for investment purposes...and the car valued up due to what it is...People of all ages will shuck out the bucks for what they consider classic...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Exceptions to everything I suppose.

Still the Demon is a special car, congrats John.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Wow! Awesone! Enjoy the ride!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    I would definitely​ have sex in that car.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • deronb1
    Says you cant drive it when temp is under 15º F.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Just looking at the pic of that Demon, I'm having .... uhm ..... pleasant thoughts.

Nice wheels, John. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I would definitely​ have sex in that car.

You so fat, you couldn't have sex in a semi truck... >:):D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Good for you!!! My first one was a 57 Chevy rag top. 3 on the column, 2 quads, solid lifters, 3/4 cam. Second new, 59 Dodge D500 convert. Third, 60 Caddy Tahesian Red Convt. If I kept them cherry today still not worth one million, still wish I had them...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2017
    After what happened to the Ford GT after only 10 years, it is worth the try. That $150k car is hard to find for twice that much today and they had a hard time getting rid of some of them for 2 years at the start.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nooshinjohn
    After what happened to the Ford GT after only 10 years, it is worth the try. That $150k car is hard to find for twice that much today and they had a hard time getting rid of some of them for 2 years at the start.

My thoughts as well. I have seen the GT's touch a half a mil.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • It is a risk, but given the track record of other very low volume cars and the historic nature of this particular car, it is a risk worth taking. I already have an offer on the table at double my buy price...

Double ? Take it.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    All kidding aside, nice car........enjoy it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited June 2017
    The Ford GT was throw back to an icon, so it has that going for it and I suspect why it tends to garner so much green. Atleast that's a small part of the equation. The top dollar getters are trailer queens w/ almost no miles, still in plastic wrap.

4038 GT's were produced between 2004-2006

For the Demon to even come close to the status of the GT, it needs to sit and not get driven at all.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    heiney9 wrote: »
    The Ford GT was throw back to an icon, so it has that going for it and I suspect why it tends to garner so much green. Atleast that's a small part of the equation. The top dollar getters are trailer queens w/ almost no miles, still in plastic wrap.

For the Demon to even come close to the status of the GT, it needs to sit and not get driven at all.

H9
    Agreed. It is 23 miles from where I work (and ordered my car), and it will make that trip on a flatbed tow truck. Too much risk of road debris to put it up on the freeway.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Maybe put a 2018 Leaf in the garage for 20yrs????

The EPA will mark your house a superfund site for decontamination.....
  • deronb1
    For that price, they should deliver it to your home in a covered transport.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    heiney9 wrote: »

4038 GT's were produced between 2004-2006

H9
    I love the new GT. Sure it departs much further from the look of the original but it is one nice little car.

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2017
    I've watched the 30 year saga of the Buick GN twins here in NW OK come an end a couple months ago. I remember when 5 of them came off the truck at the same time in that little town of 1400 people. The dealer just hung on to two or them identical and consecutive serial numbers. Waited 30 years to cash in.
    autoblog.com/2017/04/07/1987-buick-grand-national-twin-barn-finds/

No great investment here as I imagine he averaged 5% over that time.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2017
    Just ordered the personalized plate for the car...

UWILLUZ... B)

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Admittedly I am more of a truck person. But ever since the hellcat came out, I have wanted one. The dealer gouging is awful though. For them to be made at a relatively "affordable" price point at 65k was neat I thought. But when dealers started bidding processes and mark ups my dreams were dashed. And now the demon- a hellcat on steroids!!!! If I could afford one, damn the appreciation. Drive it like you stole it and have some fun. You only live once and can't take it with you!!!! Seeet ride John- ENJOY IT
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    You going to pay the extra dough for the passenger seat? :D

Awesome car...enjoy
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice John, be interesting when the little dude get's his license and steals Dads car keys one day. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2017
    How's the insurance premium for one of these? ;)
    (I posted this originally, thought it was too snarky & deleted it -- but after reading through this thread decided it was only "appropriately snarky", so I apologize, sort of, for asking!)

I've gotta say, given that there are plenty of modern consumer-grade automobiles (i.e., not just exotica) that cost $85k and up nowadays -- that doesn't seem like a bad investment. 85k isn't much money any more (less than 1 year's retirement spending for most folks in the US who can actually afford to retire, I reckon). It'd be sort of like putting $85k in a CD or a bond, with a fairly good potential return on investment (i.e., better than a CD or a bond!).

I'd say keeping the pristine (stored and undriven) is the best (lowest risk) way to use it as an investment -- but there's certainly cost associated with that, too, that would need to be netted out of the investment return.

PS Rule number one for collectors: keep what others throw away and throw away what others keep.

• motorhead43026
    edited June 2017
    tonyb wrote: »
    Nice John, be interesting when the little dude get's his license and steals Dads car keys one day. :)

Or he finds a sharp object and carves "I love Dad" in paint. That is what my son did @ the age of 5 "I love Mom" on his Mom's car with a rock.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Screw the investment aspect. Drive it like you stole it ! The worst thing you can do to a car is not drive it.
  • motorhead43026
    If you want a tangible investment buy property or gold, or both. Land is the best investment ever.

• nooshinjohn
    If you want a tangible investment buy property or gold, or both. Land is the best investment ever.

We have 2 condos fre and clear plus our house...

• Auto or manual? Like I have to ask !
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

Yes on the land. Aside from volcanoes in Hawaii, land isn't being created, but the population keeps increasing. Cars are hit and miss, and I suspect the emphasis is on miss.

Drive the thing, and hope gas doesn't increase in price.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
This discussion has been closed.