Ever Been Chased?

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    ^^^lolol
    That was awesome lol, ahh glad, only you, Bruce, only you.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    msg wrote: »
    You must be out of practice Loren. Most Vikings would have automatically R'd, Pillaged, and set his vehicle ablaze. Not necessarily in that order.

30 years ago yes, this happened about 8 years ago. I was just glad the jerk speed away, I don't like fighting anymore, guess I'm getting old.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mrloren wrote: »
    ...when he noticed a 6'1" 280lb Nordic warehouse guy smiling at him.

Yikes! I am 6'2" and 175lbs. I hope the DAC works. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    afterburnt wrote: »
    but if you want to get all dramatic you could have him follow you off of a cliff and jump out at the last minute.

And there's that :*;)
  • msg
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I've always outrun them. Don't know that I can do that anymore with my current car. Often just putting distance between the two cars removes both parties long enough to realize they're being jackarses.

Plus more than likely you have at least 1 kid in the car.
    Training.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    DSkip wrote: »
    I've always outrun them. Don't know that I can do that anymore with my current car. Often just putting distance between the two cars removes both parties long enough to realize they're being jackarses.

Plus more than likely you have at least 1 kid in the car.
    Training.

Instinct
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited June 2017
    PS - Josh, I don't mean to make light of your experience. This sort of thing can escalate very quickly, and can be stressful at the least, and sometimes plain traumatic in some circumstances.

Looking back now I made some poor decisions. It happened a few blocks from my new place, I never should have driven by my house at all but I did. At least I didn't pull into the driveway. The situation definitely clouded my judgment in the moment. In the end I pulled a previously mentioned move, I stopped in the middle of the road thinking he'd get out of his Jeep which he did, he ran towards my car and once he got pretty close I took off again giving me enough of a head start so that he didn't see where I went as I darted through different streets.

The only thing I wish I knew is what his problem with me was. If I had cut someone off on accident or had driven in a way that would incite someone to road rage at least it'd make sense.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I've been chased by my bud's rooster if that counts. Seriously though many years of riding a motorcycle has taught me to not escalate a bad situation. Car vs. bike the car will win every single time and that's been carried over into my 4 wheel commuting as well. Karma will catch up with the bad guy sooner or later.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Anyone here been on the other end, and done the following?

I saw a woman side-swipe a car right in front of me a few years ago. I called the police and followed her, giving them updates on her location, until she parked at the mall. The police met me there, took my statement and info, and let me go while they waited for her. I'm pretty sure she never knew I was following her though....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    Nightfall wrote: »
    PS - Josh, I don't mean to make light of your experience. This sort of thing can escalate very quickly, and can be stressful at the least, and sometimes plain traumatic in some circumstances.

Looking back now I made some poor decisions. It happened a few blocks from my new place, I never should have driven by my house at all but I did. At least I didn't pull into the driveway. The situation definitely clouded my judgment in the moment. In the end I pulled a previously mentioned move, I stopped in the middle of the road thinking he'd get out of his Jeep which he did, he ran towards my car and once he got pretty close I took off again giving me enough of a head start so that he didn't see where I went as I darted through different streets.

The only thing I wish I knew is what his problem with me was. If I had cut someone off on accident or had driven in a way that would incite someone to road rage at least it'd make sense.
    It's easy to lose your focus/cool if you're not trained for confrontation like this. A few weeks ago I fell into a situation that escalated unexpectedly, and I couldn't help obsessing over for a few days after, trying to make sense of it, thinking of all the things I should have done differently, or would do differently if it ever happens again. Not to mention, fantasizing about the forceful responses we'd all love to unleash on these knuckleheads who are just angry and miserable about something that has nothing to do with you.

Your fight or flight response can kick in, and at that point you have only those two options to choose from, if you can call it choosing. If you don't manage yourself somewhat, you'll simply be reacting. If you are feeling legitimately threatened, and don't have any experience or are not trained in negotiating such situations, you simply can't really think clearly, and if you find yourself in the unfortunately situation with fight or flight being the only two options, your reaction might not be as graceful as you would like. Getting away from a situation when you're not fairly matched or one that's just plain stupid, well, that's the best choice you can make, and it sounds like you managed it just fine, and knew well enough at least to not let this J-A know where to find you. That was smart. So was not simply running him over. And then doing it a second time, being sure to skid on his face.

Took me a couple of days to settle down after my recent experience. If you're the sane one who chooses not to engage, yet can't avoid the experience altogether, it can leave you feeling helpless and victimized, and prone to anger or shame over it all, but should settle down in a few days.

As others have mentioned, if you can precondition yourself to avoid situations like this in the first place, it's probably best. I know you said you don't have any idea what his problem was, so I'd say just take your time processing it, and just think about what you'd do differently next time, and tuck it away for later. It's probably time for you to join a kickboxing class. With all the other ladies.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Once a car load of guys followed me to my house. Luckily my neighbors came out to even the bet. Another time a guy rammed into the back of my Goldwing while I was doing 65 mph.Luckily I was able to maintain control to speed out of there. Tony's Advice is the best I have heard. Stay safe. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    A gang of four attempt to hi-jack me, they followed me through a residential neighborhood for about five blocks, I saw them after the first couple of blocks, quickly got onto a main street, but still two lane and mostly residential. I accelerated to almost 80 in a 30 zone. They were still right behind me making gang signs, I saw one pistol out the passenger side window. This was in the mid 1990's. I was talking to 911 on my cell. phone while driving during all this, but the local cell. tower was busy, so it automatically switched my call to the nearest tower which was across the river in Iowa. The Iowa 911 operator at that time was unable to help me, she did not even have the capability at that time to transfer me the Nebr. 911 operator. Well after I hung up and traveled another half mile, the dudes following me turned off onto a side street. They may have entered another gang's territory, or just gave up. I called Verizon, then US West Cellular the following Monday and they confirmed what the Iowa 911 operator told me. I'm sure all this has improved by now. Moral of story: Don't drive a nice clean red sports car in bad neighborhood on a Saturday morning in the summer time.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Road rage is no joke. An incident occurred here recently and the outcome was not pleasant. This is the same road I take to work and the incident occurred about 15 minutes before I traveled it. It simply is not worth it. Wake up. Say good bye, daddy or mommy is going to work.

And those were your lasts words to family.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/05/18/driver-slain-road-rage-shooting-along-highway-75-richardson

Halen
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    I was chased once. I friend even got a snap shot.
    urmmygmojwbv.jpg

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    I've seen this in Dallas turn into shots fired in traffic back and forth.
    No thanks. Life's too short for stupid. Having a weapon means nothing.
    You pull a bat or gun, the other guy feels justified to shoot.
    I used to know guys who lived their lives hoping for the chance to shoot.
    Always armed and gun sitting on the seat next to them.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I had a incident on the Highway in Wichita once, these 2 guys in a truck yelling screaming driving nuts. I thought they were going to get us killed or someone else.

So I pulled over on the side of the road and they pulled in behind me. They got out with a pipe wrench and some bar so I got out and yelled back asking what the heck was going on and why would you need weapon.. I am not messing with you and and have no clue what going on and why you raging at me?

told them if you come at me with the wrench I will drag you into the 70 mph traffic and end this and if you want to kick my rear lets do it in a bar getting drunk 1st...

they just stood there so I said lets just get back in our vehicles and go home before we hurt someone else. And they turned around and left and never even looked back at me.

I had lost someone special in my life and was not suicidal but I also didn't care about much of anything. except causing a wreck on the highway.

Told my sister about it when I got home, she said your nuts! I told her no I wasn't but that they were, I just didnt care!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Man this is a subject that kind of changed my life. Most of you on here can imagine I'm not the type of dude who would turn a blind eye to some idiot road raging me. But after what happened to me in 2005, I have a whole different outlook on how I respond to someone in a fit of rage.

It was lunchtime and I was leaving work to go grab a bite to eat when a guy came flying down the road and almost hit me as he was driving like a madman. He practically ran me off the road as he was going like 100 MPH. There was a guy ahead of me in a pickup truck who he almost sideswiped too!

I was pissed-off and wanted to go after the dude bad. I saw the guy in the pickup truck was pissed too and he went after the guy. I started to follow at high speed but decided to just go get my food instead. As I approached a Tennessee Dept. of Transportation headquarters that was down the road a couple minutes later I could see the guy in the pickup truck arguing with the guy who had run us off the road. I beeped my horn and continued on to get my lunch.

When I came back there must have been 50 police cars all converging on the state police headquarters (aka TennDOT building). I continued on to work and ate my lunch.

Later I heard the news of what had happened.

http://www.chestercountyindependent.com/jordan-sentenced-to-death-in-jackson-tdot-shootings-cms-3461

http://murderpedia.org/male.J/j/jordan-david-lynn.htm

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2010/9/22/184645/State-High-Court-Upholds-Death-Sentence.aspx

The guy who ran me off the road shot and killed the guy in the pickup truck that was arguing with him. David Jordan was armed with an assault rifle, a shotgun, and a handgun. He had just walked into the Tenn DOT building and shot and killed his ex-wife and another person and then wasted the guy in the pickup truck on the way out.

I came real close to confronting this psycho that day. The guy in the pickup truck who did confront him (David Gordon) worked across the street from where I did and was murdered.

99 times out of 100 I would have confronted the guy but since David Gordon (the delivery guy in the pickup truck) was already there arguing with David Jordan, I decided not to.

Now I think twice before getting into it with these road rage psychos. You can never tell what they are up to. In this instance the guy was armed to the teeth and on his was to murder his ex-wife and anyone else who got in his way.

I read that he appealed his death penalty sentence all the way to the State Supreme Court but it was denied and the last I heard he is still on death row awaiting his execution.

It's best just to call the state police and report these people. This guy was on a death wish and no good was going to come from confronting him.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    The interesting thing for me about road rage, or incidents that can cause it, is that 99% of the time it is the other driver who starts it. I will be minding my own business, somebody tries to drive through me, and then gets upset that I am in their way. LOL
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • [Deleted User]
    I did have some trouble with a semi one time.
    7f4bqmjud4xe.jpg
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    voltz wrote: »
    I had a incident on the Highway in Wichita once, these 2 guys in a truck yelling screaming driving nuts. I thought they were going to get us killed or someone else.

So I pulled over on the side of the road and they pulled in behind me. They got out with a pipe wrench and some bar so I got out and yelled back asking what the heck was going on and why would you need weapon.. I am not messing with you and and have no clue what going on and why you raging at me?

told them if you come at me with the wrench I will drag you into the 70 mph traffic and end this and if you want to kick my rear lets do it in a bar getting drunk 1st...

they just stood there so I said lets just get back in our vehicles and go home before we hurt someone else. And they turned around and left and never even looked back at me.

I had lost someone special in my life and was not suicidal but I also didn't care about much of anything. except causing a wreck on the highway.

Told my sister about it when I got home, she said your nuts! I told her no I wasn't but that they were, I just didnt care!

Cheers my friend.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    First time in 33 years that something like this has happened to me, crazy that so many of you have similar stories. Maybe it's not as uncommon as I thought.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited June 2017
    Some dudes clocked me wearing $1000 sneakers inside a dollar store and followed me couple of weeks back.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • [Deleted User]
    Were they wearing the $1000.00 sneakers or were you?
    What brand. I need to learn.
  • msg
    This is one of the reasons I only wear Birkenstocks. No one wants to chop my feet off to get them.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    1e5efste02ej.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    This is one of the reasons I only wear Birkenstocks. No one wants to chop my feet off to get them.

Especially not if you wear knee high black socks with them too.
  • pitdogg2
    Emlyn wrote: »

Wow they make black socks.... blow my mind
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Emlyn wrote: »

Wow they make black socks.... blow my mind

And just where are you going to find BLACK SOCKS? Wit the BLACK PAINT of course!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • msg
    Is that Miley Cyrus?
    535fmaz3q160.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2