Winter Project

Recently finished a much needed project to hold my Vinyl. I prefer a "Flip Through" type rack as my old eyes have issues with reading the Spine fine print.

lx59hztfmfg4.jpg

5juyapz6irad.jpg

g85dcr6b3ehx.jpg

I don't have a large collection, as I've tried to hold my buying to Mint/Near Mint on used LP's and new re-releases. The Rack will hold approx. 400-450 Albums and that fit my needs just fine.

SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff

Comments

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,150
    Looks spiffy. Are the lower sections drawers?
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,983
    Very nicely done! Great pipefitting job as well.

• Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,558
    mrbiron wrote: »

Yes, a little extra storage.
    Very nicely done! Great pipefitting job as well.

Thanks, I wanted something pretty strong as the Rack has two full sheets of 3/4" material, plus the weight of the LP's. I used 1-1/2" Black Iron for the Base, seems pretty stout.
    mrbiron wrote: »

Yes, a little extra storage.

fns0va9unzos.jpg

dcddsrxwksgl.jpg

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,018
    Looks awesome @Mike Reeter
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,458
    Nice work as usual Mike!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,350
    Nice work, Mike!
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,142
    Nice work Mike. Need to have you up once the theater is finished.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Thanks for the comments guys, this came together to please my S.O. She didn't care for my storage tubs full of Vinyl laying around ;)

Ryan, I might take you up on that, how's the Theater project coming?
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,082
    Very creative and nicely done!
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,172
    All you have to do is build 75 more and you can open an LP shop!

Looks great man.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    Thanks for the comments guys, this came together to please my S.O. She didn't care for my storage tubs full of Vinyl laying around ;)

Walls are framed and isolated. Finished getting the bar and bathroom ready for drywall yesterday. Once drywall is hung in those rooms I will be turning full attention to the theater.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,609
    Can I get a copy of the plans for that? Would love to build one myself. That looks amazing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Can I get a copy of the plans for that? Would love to build one myself. That looks amazing.

Well John, I drew up the plans myself and just kinda "winged it" on the assembly.

I cleaned up my little shop space the other day and tossed my drawings into the trash, which was picked up yesterday...sorry.

I can probably sketch out another drawing, scan it and send to you though. It will take a little time as we are leaving for a few days.

ZLTFUL wrote: »

Walls are framed and isolated. Finished getting the bar and bathroom ready for drywall yesterday. Once drywall is hung in those rooms I will be turning full attention to the theater.

Sounds like your making good progress. Warmer weather is here and riding season is upon us! I predict that it might be a "while" before the indoor projects are completed!
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Sounds like your making good progress. Warmer weather is here and riding season is upon us! I predict that it might be a "while" before the indoor projects are completed!

I am going to try and at the very least get everything drywalled before losing interest in being indoors. lOL

• hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,189
    edited March 2017
    That is beautiful!

What is the approximate depth?

Just trying to figure out how far it sticks out from the wall.
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold
    Integrated Amplifier - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II
    CD: Cambridge Audio
    Speakers - SDA 2A; Epos Epic 2

What is the approximate depth?

Just trying to figure out how far it sticks out from the wall.

25-1/2" Total depth, 24" inside, each bin will hold over 100 LP's. You could make it any dimension you want.