Winter Project

Recently finished a much needed project to hold my Vinyl. I prefer a "Flip Through" type rack as my old eyes have issues with reading the Spine fine print.

lx59hztfmfg4.jpg

5juyapz6irad.jpg

g85dcr6b3ehx.jpg

I don't have a large collection, as I've tried to hold my buying to Mint/Near Mint on used LP's and new re-releases. The Rack will hold approx. 400-450 Albums and that fit my needs just fine.

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Looks spiffy. Are the lower sections drawers?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Very nicely done! Great pipefitting job as well.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    mrbiron wrote: »

Yes, a little extra storage.
    Very nicely done! Great pipefitting job as well.

Thanks, I wanted something pretty strong as the Rack has two full sheets of 3/4" material, plus the weight of the LP's. I used 1-1/2" Black Iron for the Base, seems pretty stout.
  • Mike Reeter
    mrbiron wrote: »

Yes, a little extra storage.

fns0va9unzos.jpg

dcddsrxwksgl.jpg

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Looks awesome @Mike Reeter
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Nice work as usual Mike!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Nice work, Mike!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Nice work Mike. Need to have you up once the theater is finished.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Mike Reeter
    Thanks for the comments guys, this came together to please my S.O. She didn't care for my storage tubs full of Vinyl laying around ;)

Ryan, I might take you up on that, how's the Theater project coming?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Very creative and nicely done!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    All you have to do is build 75 more and you can open an LP shop!

Looks great man.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ZLTFUL
    Thanks for the comments guys, this came together to please my S.O. She didn't care for my storage tubs full of Vinyl laying around ;)

Walls are framed and isolated. Finished getting the bar and bathroom ready for drywall yesterday. Once drywall is hung in those rooms I will be turning full attention to the theater.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Can I get a copy of the plans for that? Would love to build one myself. That looks amazing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mike Reeter
    Can I get a copy of the plans for that? Would love to build one myself. That looks amazing.

Well John, I drew up the plans myself and just kinda "winged it" on the assembly.

I cleaned up my little shop space the other day and tossed my drawings into the trash, which was picked up yesterday...sorry.

I can probably sketch out another drawing, scan it and send to you though. It will take a little time as we are leaving for a few days.

• Mike Reeter
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Walls are framed and isolated. Finished getting the bar and bathroom ready for drywall yesterday. Once drywall is hung in those rooms I will be turning full attention to the theater.

Sounds like your making good progress. Warmer weather is here and riding season is upon us! I predict that it might be a "while" before the indoor projects are completed!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Sounds like your making good progress. Warmer weather is here and riding season is upon us! I predict that it might be a "while" before the indoor projects are completed!

I am going to try and at the very least get everything drywalled before losing interest in being indoors. lOL

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited March 2017
    That is beautiful!

What is the approximate depth?

Just trying to figure out how far it sticks out from the wall.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Mike Reeter
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    That is beautiful!

What is the approximate depth?

Just trying to figure out how far it sticks out from the wall.

25-1/2" Total depth, 24" inside, each bin will hold over 100 LP's. You could make it any dimension you want.