2»

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Back to the topic boys.....

Nice speakers for sale here.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • I am interested.
    Check your inbox.
    Thanks!
  • 630 835-67five eight
  • Rex81
    Rex81 Posts: 193
    Thanks guys. I'm actually sorting through 4 different leads right now. Got a local guy coming in a few minutes. If he doesn't grab them, I'm calling ramair.

Looks like these guys will be moving on to a new owner soon!
  • Rex81
    I'm happy to report they just went to a local Polkie. I'll let him self identify if he so chooses.

It's funny, they sat for a a few weeks without much interest and now I have to tell 3 people that they missed out. So it goes. I'm just glad they went to someone who can appreciate them.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    I'm glad to keep another set of Polks operating. I have most of the pieces to put together a decent rig in my new office and was going to go with a bookshelf on a stand setup but I saw this and saw it was local. I initially thought they were a little big for the room but after listening to them in a similar size room, they will be just fine. Beautiful speakers. I'll report back on the setup when I get it hooked up. Thanks @Rex81
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What are you moving on to?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Rex81
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What are you moving on to?

I just finished a full restore on a set of Ohm Fs. They're the only speaker I've owned that I thought sounded better than the SRS 2.

They're not perfect though. They don't have the pinpoint imaging of the SDAs, they're not as efficient, they're not as robust, and they're not as versatile. They don't like hard hitting music and they don't play loud. Oh, and if the cone gets damaged, it's irreplaceable. But man, get some acoustic or jazz music playing (my favorite) and they're simply incredible.

But I still have a set of Monitor 7Bs for when I want to listen to something with more impact.