Not sure what to say but life can be cruel..

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Problem is Dan, Beiber doesn't start his US tour till July 29th, he's over seas till then
    I was on the same thoughts as you were ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Problem is Dan, Beiber doesn't start his US tour till July 29th, he's over seas till then

Dang it! Then I default back again to a call or video chat. The internet is worldwide.

But yes, I want to try and do something.

Larry, are there any big ticket items she wants to do that maybe we could help you check off for her? Either by helping fund it, or contacting people?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Larry, one word would be too many, and a million words wouldn't be enough.
    May you and your wife stay strong, and may your daughters journey be peaceful and pain free. Miracles do happen,

As you can see, a number of folks here are wanting to do a good thing, a nice thing. If you think of something, say it and it'll be done.
    Sal Palooza
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    So sorry to hear. Praying for your daughter, yourself and the rest of the family.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Dang it! Then I default back again to a call or video chat. The internet is worldwide.

But yes, I want to try and do something.

Larry, are there any big ticket items she wants to do that maybe we could help you check off for her? Either by helping fund it, or contacting people?

We need a viral video... Lightman, you still have those a$$less chaps?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Words fail me.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    Options
    Words fail me too.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    Options
    Hang in there.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    There are no words, other than your daughter and your family are in my prayers.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of this, we experienced a sort of similar thing with a friend of my daughters from college, it was just horrible on the A-Z index of emotions.

However, I can tell you right now miracles DO happen. This girl not much older than yours, survived 24 years after getting her first transplant then had to have another one.

During the second situation, she was in such terrible health. Not sure a transplant would even work if they could find a donor.

Then she received a second transplant and is doing good. Yep still all the pills, healthy life choices and concerns but doing good.

So you and the family keep fighting, keep the faith. If you need to vent anything, then vent it out.

Prayers sent!
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Options
    Lifting up another prayer for your daughter and your entire family. I pray for the best possible outcome and may God give you all strength.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Praying for you and yours.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Gods light comes in all shapes,sizes and timelines. Since we cannot predict the future it is often extremely difficult to understand what purpose or significance some events or people have or hold for us. Especially when our hearts <3 come into play. I had to learn at an early age when I lost my left eye that sometimes bad things can either be the catalyst for good things moving forward. Or the glue that holds us in place,frozen with grief or fear.
    Which one depends entirely on the choices that we each make.

Enjoy the time that that you have with your loved ones,because tomorrow has never been promised.
    Do not feel cheated if their time here is short,because they may have left such an indelible mark on your heart <3 that can NEVER be erased or replaced. o:)
    Just because someone did not have a long life DOES NOT mean that life wasn't significant or purpose filled.
    It is up to each of use to find out what significance or purpose this person had for us and then make something of it.

God bless
  • woofiepaws
    Options
    Prayers sent.

Steve
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    Options
    Its very sombering to hear of your situation.My profound prayers for your daughter.and my sympathies for the devastatingly emotional times you both are experiencing.Its my sincere hope that the light of heavens love may yet come to provide a uplifting relieving prognoses
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    I don't know what to say but that blows. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Larry, hoping your next post here will be full of good news!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I'm praying for you, stay strong.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Spent most of the day at the hospital going over how she will get on the list, and testing, should be Friday-Monday..

There is a lot to get done just to get on the list..

I will post more about it, when I have time, and feel more in the mood..
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pray folks, TRUST ME it makes a difference. What's her name? This kind of stuff is all about small victories along the way---I speak from direct experience. Stay hopeful, brother.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Courtney is her name..

Thanks Steve..
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    The smiles in this pic speak volumes, I love my girls...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Thanks Larry

Courtney,...
    Girl you can win this fight!!!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Nice pic, thanks for sharing, though i must admit when i saw the hair, I thought Bon Jovi for just a second or two. B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the photo Larry, I remember seeing it I think after the Superbowl.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options

Awesome looking family. I pray for her as well as the family every day. It does make a difference.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options

I will post more about it, when I have time, and feel more in the mood..

We all understand Larry

Great looking family picture.

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Prayers for Courtney!
    Carl

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    It may not feel like it right now, but you're lucky.

Whatever the outcome of your situation, always remember how lucky you are that you have had her in your life.

Once again, good luck. I hope you have a lot more time with Courtney, but no matter the outcome you've got to KNOW and LOVE her and that can never be taken away.

Once you find your peace, you can actually enjoy what time you have left with her. No matter if it's 5 more minutes, or 5 more decades.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Brother, I am so sorry to hear this. You have a beautiful family and I am wishing you & your family all the best in your time of need. Please try to stay positive Courtney! I've been studying about health and healthcare for the past 4 years and one thing I've learned is that the patients with positive outlooks fare far better than the ones that do not have a positive attitude. Indeed, those smiles do speak volumes!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10