Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I drove and even slept in my car (save $ and time) for two full days to get the 2Bs that @ER308L has now. If you want it bad enough... there's a pretty large line of buyers right now though.

I just checked and it would be a 26 hour drive one way...it would be cheaper to fly out but then theres the whole getting them back home part lol.

where the heck you driving from....

North East, Maryland lol

You know there are some listed on CL for 200$ in your neck of the woods? Don't quit have the prestigious DNA as these. But geesh 200$ and close has to count for something.

Well unless nothing works on them.

The only SDA's I see anywhere close to him are a pair of CRS.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Bring a neck pillow so you can sleep an hour or so at the rest areas.....It's only a 1 day drive back.

https://youtu.be/JoqDYcCDOTg
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I drove and even slept in my car (save $ and time) for two full days to get the 2Bs that @ER308L has now. If you want it bad enough... there's a pretty large line of buyers right now though.

I just checked and it would be a 26 hour drive one way...it would be cheaper to fly out but then theres the whole getting them back home part lol.

North East, Maryland lol

You know there are some listed on CL for 200$ in your neck of the woods? Don't quit have the prestigious DNA as these. But geesh 200$ and close has to count for something.

I haven't seen a pair near me at all. Do you have a link? I saw a pair listed on ebay but when i contacted him he said all he had left were the cabinets...this was in Connecticut i believe. Are those the ones you are talking about?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

North East, Maryland lol

I haven't seen a pair near me at all. Do you have a link? I saw a pair listed on ebay but when i contacted him he said all he had left were the cabinets...this was in Connecticut i believe. Are those the ones you are talking about?

There was a link here. I do believe they were in Connecticut they were 98$ each. The link showed them with all drivers. I know there was at least 10 comments on them. The guy was begging for them to be gone.
  • Gerres26

North East, Maryland lol

There was a link here. I do believe they were in Connecticut they were 98$ each. The link showed them with all drivers. I know there was at least 10 comments on them. The guy was begging for them to be gone.

Yea must be the same guy, pictures showed them with everything included but when i emailed him he said they are now gutted and just the cabs remain :(
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Looks ain't everything Russ it's what your packin that counts, good God get some sun on them stilts.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I tried contacting that guy for a week straight and got nothing. They have since disappeared off the face of the earth. Too bad...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Mike Tyson wants his black socks back! LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Well, simple solution right here for that thread about full range speakers for 1000 bucks. Won't find better for the price or sound for a G note.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gerres26
    Who ended up getting these?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    No one yet. Still waiting to hear from @pkquat otherwise @daddyjt is next in line I think and he sounded pretty serious about rounding up the family and taking a road trip, need to go through my PM time stamps to make sure but I'm on my way out to work right now.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    1976doc wrote: »
    I dunno.. i PMed the OP but no answer as of yet. I actually live here in Colorado so its just a hop skip and a jump to go get them.
    Still got my fingers crossed, i could use a second pair of 1.2s

You're in line if the 4 or 5 people or so ahead of you all cancel.

• Gerres26
    1976doc wrote: »
    I dunno.. i PMed the OP but no answer as of yet. I actually live here in Colorado so its just a hop skip and a jump to go get them.
    Still got my fingers crossed, i could use a second pair of 1.2s

Dang..second pair?? Some of us still trying to find our first pair for a decent price :/
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I'm all in if my number comes up. My wife was reading the original thread over my shoulder that talked about how they came from MADMAX after he passed, and were lovingly refurbed by Larry. She thought that was incredibly special, and said "we need to go get those..." - usually I have to sell her pretty hard on audio purchases, but this one sold itself.

I would be proud to own them, and I pledge to keep them in the family.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Gerres26
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I'm all in if my number comes up. My wife was reading the original thread over my shoulder that talked about how they came from MADMAX after he passed, and were lovingly refurbed by Larry. She thought that was incredibly special, and said "we need to go get those..." - usually I have to sell her pretty hard on audio purchases, but this one sold itself.

I would be proud to own them, and I pledge to keep them in the family.

Thats awesome.
    It's funny because pretty much the same thing happened with me. I normally get the eye roll from the wife when i say im going to buy another pair of speakers but when i explained the back story of these she was all in and started looking at flights/rental car. Im behind atleast a couple people on the list but atleast someone who appreciates them will have them.
  • Nightfall
    @pkquat have you figured anything out yet?

• Gerres26
    I thought these would have been picked up by now. Great speakers with a great story and a price thats very hard to beat especially for someone semi-local.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Was the last time pkquat posted on this January 31?
  • Nightfall
    I last heard from him on the 1st and he was last active on the forum yesterday.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Well time to go next in line.. :)
  • Gerres26
    Where is he traveling from??
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    If you're meaning me, I will be driving over from Salt Lake City. Just say the word, and I'll book a hotel room and plan the trip over...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Gerres26
    daddyjt wrote: »
    If you're meaning me, I will be driving over from Salt Lake City. Just say the word, and I'll book a hotel room and plan the trip over...

I meant the guy thats first in line
  • Nightfall
    Time to move on, sorry @pkquat I'm not in a rush to move these but there's people in line that are on a time frame for making plans to drive to CO.

@daddyjt you're up next. PM me with info as necessary.

• Nightfall
    Tentatively sold.

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    You snooze you lose. Great story on this pair.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Nightfall
    He could still back out, by the definition of tentatively. Your place in line is the same.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2017
    Change your screen name to La2colorado should you be lucky enough to get these. I wonder who is going to be the lucky recipient?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Sunday 19th

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Change your screen name to La2colorado should you be lucky enough to get these. I wonder who is going to be the lucky recipient?

I'm pretty sure @daddyjt was next in line and he seemed pretty set on making it work out.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)