FS: SDA SRS 1.2's

Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,042
edited January 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've come to the conclusion that these are just too big for my aparment. They don't sound bad, by any stretch of the imagination, they just need more room to breathe than I can give them. I'm not interested in the hassle of figuring out how to ship these myself. If you want to pay a place where I can just drop them off and they take care of the rest, that's okay, I have a friend with a truck I could borrow.

$1,000 same price I paid.

They're in very good shape. Larry's rings everywhere, binding post cups, midwoofers, tweeters, and crossover plate, Dynamatted baskets, and magnets taken care of. All tweeters replaced with RD-0194's. Spiked with Larry's personally made spikes.

Pictures of the speakers and mods Larry did are here:
http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174017/polk-audio-sda-srs-1-2/p1

Located in Evergreen, CO
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
Post edited by Nightfall on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Someone is going to get a great deal and a piece of Polkie history. Chuck bought these from the original owner who never used them. They sat in Chuck's bedroom closet for years. He showed them to me and I patted one on the top. He said they were so minty he didn't want to use them, saying one day he would, which I believe he did after he moved to CO. They have been blessed by Chuck, myself, Larry and Josh. Now, it's someone else's turn to enjoy these treasures.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    If you sell these outside the Polk Family I would keep the spikes if I was you...
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    edited January 2017
    I might be able to swing these, but need to work out transportation plans on my end. I'll know more in the next few days. If you find someone local great. PM sent.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Do what it takes to claim these treasures.
  • I'm going to assume your missing your 2B's?
  • Nightfall
    ER308L wrote: »
    I'm going to assume your missing your 2B's?

Yeah. I'll find another pair someday though. Maybe I'll venture outside of Polk again for a while too.

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Where are you located??
  • Gerres26
    Nevermind just seen it lol...too bad im on the other side of the country :(
  • Gerres26
    If there was an easy way to get these close to me in maryland id be sending you money today
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    If there was an easy way to get these close to me in maryland id be sending you money today

DRIVE
  • Nightfall
    I drove and even slept in my car (save $ and time) for two full days to get the 2Bs that @ER308L has now. If you want it bad enough... there's a pretty large line of buyers right now though.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Nightfall wrote: »
    ... there's a pretty large line of buyers right now though.

That is good to hear. GLWTS! As Jesse said above, somebody will get a great deal and a piece of Polkie history here.
  • Gerres26
    I drove and even slept in my car (save $ and time) for two full days to get the 2Bs that @ER308L has now. If you want it bad enough... there's a pretty large line of buyers right now though.

I just checked and it would be a 26 hour drive one way...it would be cheaper to fly out but then theres the whole getting them back home part lol.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    wUsS!!!

LOL!!!!! :D
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited January 2017
    Fly out on the red eye, rent a minivan. They get about 25 MPG and have the room. I fit my 2.3's in our Sienna with the 2nd row up, could easily fit the 1.2 with all seats moved.

Prob $150 in fuel plus airfare and rental and coffee.

How much would a modded pair or 1.2's go for near you IF they came avail?

Sorry, just helping you make your decision..... :)
  • pitdogg2

I just checked and it would be a 26 hour drive one way...it would be cheaper to fly out but then theres the whole getting them back home part lol.

where the heck you driving from....
  • Nightfall
    You won't find a pair of halfway modded 1.2s for near this price even with fly and rental added on.

• Gerres26
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

North East, Maryland lol
  • Nightfall
    edited January 2017
    Jeeze. The good news is you're in the safest part of the US in the event of a nuclear attack. So there's that.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Depending on where the potential buyer is located I might be able to help. I helped another member buy a pair off Larry those were 1C's though and Nightfall would have to be willing to crate them up at the buyers expense. I would hate these treasures to leave the family.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    What a great deal!!!
  • Gerres26
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I'm currently 3rd on the buy list. I've already cleared vacation days in preparation for an imminent departure . All I have to do is gas up and go.

The next move is yours @nightfall.

Ah ok, guess im to low on the list to even worry about it now. I just had the wife getting quotes for a rental car and flight. Please let me know if anyone backs out so i can plan ahead.
    Thanks
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I searched for two years only to find a perfect pair in my suburb-Maplewood. Gift from God. Peace
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2017

North East, Maryland lol

You know there are some listed on CL for 200$ in your neck of the woods? Don't quit have the prestigious DNA as these. But geesh 200$ and close has to count for something.

Well unless nothing works on them.
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    cussed out txcoastal

DO IT!!

Cranky bass-terd when he wakes up from a nap

gsgh6nl05sju.jpg

Jeesh look at the legs on that skeeter...grow'em big in NC
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    You should meet oldrocker and gudnoyez. They're a bit taller.....but not as good looking.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    cussed out txcoastal

DO IT!!

Cranky bass-terd when he wakes up from a nap

gsgh6nl05sju.jpg

Jeesh like at the legs on that skeeter...grow'em big in NC

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2017
    >:) Where do you live, Ivan?.......
  • pitdogg2
    >:) Where do you live, Ivan?.......

Ha we've been over this Russ....keep up bro B)