Who has experience with Musical Fidelity M6 500i?

Who has experience with the M6 500i integrated amp? It seems to be a beef cake? I was looking to see what comparisons can be made with the little brother the M6i?

@WagnerRC
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    I was very disappointed in the power output of my m6500i. My M6si at 200Wpc kicked its butt. The one for sale on Audiogon is the one that I sold off.

The pass xa30.5 rated at 30wpc class a is the best so far. I love thus amp and slp05 is wow wow wow very nice so far.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    I was very disappointed in the power output of my m6500i. My M6si at 200Wpc kicked its butt.

Odd.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WagnerRC
    but I spoke to another owner and he confirmed my results. He was selling his too. I tried contacting MF direct and even called their rep in AZ and he would never return a call so I say fk it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I remember when Bob first got that MF, always thought something was amiss with that piece judging by his comments and my own hearing experiences. We all know too, sometimes it's just bad ju-ju with other playmates.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Indeed Bob, we may throw that word around too much but it's hard to ignore.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    I am a believer for sure.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I was very disappointed in the power output of my m6500i. My M6si at 200Wpc kicked its butt. The one for sale on Audiogon is the one that I sold off.

The pass xa30.5 rated at 30wpc class a is the best so far. I love thus amp and slp05 is wow wow wow very nice so far.

So you like the 05?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    but I spoke to another owner and he confirmed my results. He was selling his too. I tried contacting MF direct and even called their rep in AZ and he would never return a call so I say fk it.

Explain.

I'm not expecting the 500w integrated to sound like my 600w Boulder
  • Joey_V
    DSkip wrote: »
    Hey Joey,

I'm waiting on my Dayens Ecstasy III to make it back from my distributor (I made an oops and crossed wires somehow) and when it does, I can bring it by for a trial run for you. I asked Boris when I was ready to grab it what it sounded like and he compared it very favorably to the big dog Musical Fidelity integrateds. I can't comment as I've never heard those MF units, but going off his word it might be a good litmus test for you.

We should do that some time
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

Looks like MF has a new distributor, http://www.musicalfidelity.com/north-america
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Joey_V wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Hey Joey,

I'm waiting on my Dayens Ecstasy III to make it back from my distributor (I made an oops and crossed wires somehow) and when it does, I can bring it by for a trial run for you. I asked Boris when I was ready to grab it what it sounded like and he compared it very favorably to the big dog Musical Fidelity integrateds. I can't comment as I've never heard those MF units, but going off his word it might be a good litmus test for you.

We should do that some time

can i invite myself? :'(
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • WagnerRC

So you like the 05?

Yes sir so far I am very pleased.

• Joey_V

So you like the 05?

Yes sir so far I am very pleased.

Glad you like it, it get better as you tweak it.

It's no wonder it's never left my system.
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 715
    Are you guys running stock tubes on the 05???
    Have you tried RCA 5692's in it? Or what tubes make it shine?

I'm saving up my pennies for an 05...just wondering what you guys are rolling with...

Thanks
    Juan
  • Joey_V
    edited January 2017
    JuanR wrote: »
    Are you guys running stock tubes on the 05???
    Have you tried RCA 5692's in it? Or what tubes make it shine?

I'm saving up my pennies for an 05...just wondering what you guys are rolling with...

Thanks
    Juan

I use either stock or tungsol but not nos.

I also have 4 Popes in my possession which needs to be relinquished by the wife who confiscated it during the nonsanctioned Joey_V mass purchase spree of 2016.

I would like a full set of 6 popes but I have difficulty sourcing it.
  • WagnerRC
    The tube numbering. Game has me a little confused. I have purchased some tubes for future use. I will be doing more research into the numbering system of what can can't be used.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    What speakers were you running with the M6 500i....
  • WagnerRC
    I have paradigm signature 8's and still do along with s6's and s'4s

I am very happy with all.
  • WagnerRC
    The one on audiogon already sold. J
  • Joey_V
    @WagnerRC

I saw that. Good deal, but lukewarm response here made me kinda waffle.

I'll probably do a luxman integrated for the upstairs game.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Or a sweet MF A308 I saw somewhere here on the forum.

:):):)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • WagnerRC
    edited January 2017