Let's see it!

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    edited December 2016
    The slp-05 is eye candy for sure. I am not sure if it can beat the Joule. I am waiting to get my xlr cables back to get it in the system.

I will say the slp-05 prices are really dropping this is the latest version and unopened and 3900.00 out the door. to good to pass up.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    The slp-05 is eye candy for sure. I am not sure if it can beat the Joule. I am waiting to get my xlr cables back to get it in the system.

I will say the slp-05 prices are really dropping this is the latest version and unopened and 3900.00 out the door. to good to pass up.

That is a great price. Cheapest I have seen them up here is 4500 CAD used. Going to keep my eye peeled for one.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,867
    The set up is not ideal but I have to live with it for now. We have a huge leather l shaped sectional on the long interior wall. The wife does not like the idea for me moving it at this time. I will win the battle eventually. This is my basement and play area. It is what it is for now. LOL

It's about compromise isn't it.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    very nice jetmaker
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    nbrowser wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

That is a great price. Cheapest I have seen them up here is 4500 CAD used. Going to keep my eye peeled for one.

If you find anything out this way that you want checked out by someone...let me know.

I will! I might have to pop by and see this "bird on your head" as tony put it.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    nbrowser wrote: »

If you find anything out this way that you want checked out by someone...let me know.

I will! I might have to pop by and see this "bird on your head" as tony put it.

Mikey

If I ever move up from the Cary 05, I'll message you and I'll get you a discount unlike any other.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Here's mine. Inside speakers are Polk Monitor 70's that are HT only and hooked up to an Oinker TX-SR805 which is barely visible in lower left of the TV stand. SF Cremonas are on the outside and are 2 Channel only. Rack on the right has (from top to bottom) Audioengine B1, Rega DAC, Furman power conditioner (SB Touch on the side), Jolida CDP, Modwright Pre, Sansui tuner, Aragon amp.

p1leb5nyziu1.jpg

Very nice man... I am a Sonus Faber fan as well.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V

XLR enroute my friend.... hope to hear what you think about the Cary, give it a good shot.
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2016
    halo wrote: »
    The set up is not ideal but I have to live with it for now. We have a huge leather l shaped sectional on the long interior wall. The wife does not like the idea for me moving it at this time. I will win the battle eventually. This is my basement and play area. It is what it is for now. LOL

What am I looking at in the photo? It looks like a Cary 2-piece preamp. Not sure about the amp or the TT or the speakers.

@halo

Thats the cary 05. Great pre, same one I got.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Joey_V wrote: »

That is a beautiful piece of gear. I've been a fan of the looks of that piece for years. Most here who have it say the sound quality matches the aesthetics. Pretty B)

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    halo wrote: »

That is a beautiful piece of gear. I've been a fan of the looks of that piece for years. Most here who have it say the sound quality matches the aesthetics. Pretty B)

I cycle through gear but not my 05
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    This is my Basement 2ch /HT rig.
    Please feel free to help me enhance my set up. The room isn't ideal but thought on speaker placement,etc are welcomedwhtpx00yw6uh.jpg
    voaxekb0d3te.jpg
    29urm6mocblb.jpg
    cizprjdaemm9.jpg
    gzh10ynpt9ep.jpg
    n5capzuvizor.jpg
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• genjivn
    genjivn Posts: 101
    My 2 channel setup.

thv7bnh8l11k.jpg

• B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    DSkip wrote: »
    Dude nice setup! I'm gonna come down to austin just to meet you brother. How we haven't met still baffles me.

I know man there's no excuse haha. It's still in the works, my theater room got taken over so it's turning into more of a HT setup from my 2 channel I had. I swapped the Emo gear for a Denon 4308 and added a center since the pic. My room sucks for surround placement so I'm just running 3.1. I still don't love the Focals, they're ok but I'll prob end up going a different direction.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Nice. Do you switch between speakers depending on your mood?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • B Run
    I definitely will. I just like trying a little bit of everything, learning what I like and don't like about each speaker and what I'd like to try next. Here's a 3 year journey summed up in a few pics, sorry for hogging the thread. uhnbrqdz38op.jpg
    hhgq2nbcid1b.jpg
    83smh1zjhe1v.jpg
    dzse3rglick3.jpg
    tvgebwdato8t.jpg
    bwnrhrt3rx6s.jpg
    zxv58iay9nnu.jpg
    gu0qicml3xd7.jpg
  • B Run
    DSkip wrote: »
    Still wish I had heard those zu audio speakers. Gotta get my ears on those.

Out of all those speakers I miss the Zu's the most, I really want a pair of Souls. I had the funds and was about to pull the trigger but wanted to wait till my daughter got a little bigger because they're low and don't have grills. I will own a pair. Those Omens were really fun speakers, there was just something about them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    dhart86 wrote: »
    This is my Basement 2ch /HT rig.
    Please feel free to help me enhance my set up. The room isn't ideal but thought on speaker placement,etc are welcomedwhtpx00yw6uh.jpg
    voaxekb0d3te.jpg
    29urm6mocblb.jpg
    cizprjdaemm9.jpg
    gzh10ynpt9ep.jpg
    n5capzuvizor.jpg

Nice. Do you switch between speakers depending on your mood?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    edited December 2016
    That's exactly right Bluefox. The Harbeth C7 es3s have been the 2ch speakers most listened to. The 705 are also a very nice 2ch speaker, but they have been pulling the HT duty. Haven't had the SDA1C's or monitor 7's in the mix for a while.

Bluefox, you should also know that Shunyata Research handles all my power needs.
    Conditioner Hydra 4, Cords are Copperhead (amp)... Sidewinder vxt (pre)....Venom 3 (Dac)....not as high end as your Shunyata gear....but one day my friend :smile:
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Did some switching around (this is temporary as I am framing the theater this week).
    Moved the LSis out and the JTR Triple 8s in today.

The original plan was LSis for the theater but after getting a great deal on the JTRs, I discovered that I liked the sound for theater use and will be moving the LSis along (keeping the LSi7s for my 2 channel rig to be swapped in and out with my Silverlines) and picked up a full contingent of DIY Sound Group Volt 8LXs and Volt 6LXs for surround and Atmos duty.

There will be a build thread at some point for the theater and the speakers for it but that will come later.

Anyway, enough with the talk, here is the living room system:
    Before:
    vlbast4b6ll9.jpg

And after:
    ak3rx6fy9isa.png

2 channel system as it was in my old house (the new house, it will also be set up in my office as well with only a few slight changes):
    11873463_10207713314459937_6772389063902053741_n.jpg?oh=0e582f8d2d47627156378dffceb55ce5&oe=58DADADD

11934937_10207713315059952_7668100339334840419_n.jpg?oh=91be17a9dfc07be1531225ad60d7729b&oe=58E53115

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Joey_V
    Z

I didn't know you had avalons
  • ZLTFUL
    Z

?

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I see you have moved the SVS up front.
    What gives?
  • Joey_V
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Z

?

Those speakers in the 2ch area... Not avalons?
  • Joey_V
  • ZLTFUL
    edited December 2016
    Silverline Audio Sonatina MkI with Seas drivers.
    But they really do look similar, don't they?

@lightman1 I have had 3 SVS cylinders...2 PC-12NSD up front and a 21-39PCI Plus in the rear. But with 6 Stereo Integrity HT18D2s, they won't end up in the theater.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    But with 6 Stereo Integrity HT18D2s, they won't end up in the theater.
    Holy $%&#!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mrbiron wrote: »
    But with 6 Stereo Integrity HT18D2s, they won't end up in the theater.
    Holy $%&#!

He's lost his mind, Fred. I'm heading his way soon to slap some sense into him.