Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    So how does Paw Patrol sound on them?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I expect a full review on how Sesame Street sounds with the Sonus Fabers. :):D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Screw that, I expect a full review on Barney, The Wiggles, My Little Pony and Doc McStuffins.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited December 2016
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4eGVZk08c

Here is some music for that review
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wN4eGVZk08c
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Maybe the Beetles would be better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmVd9F1fW00
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Dudes... So I brought home a trial Rotel RA1570 last night thanks to my dealer at Magnolia (they take care of me to the T).

And preliminary thoughts of this whole process....

110% WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

Emma was dancing, my wife was enjoying herself, baby Henry was smiling....

I have zero regrets buying this crap.

It worked out perfectly.

It may not be a Boulderized system... But I can tell you last night I got chills up and down my spine when Lady Gaga "A million reasons" from YouTube came on as Emma began surfing the Sony TV app...

FUNtastic!!!!!

I am elated.

kdhbusjsv17u.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    And we just got out of Emma's GI Doctor appointment with news of the biospy results.... We DODGED a bullet... Thank God man....

It's going to be a great Christmas! I just opened up my pocketbook because of how happy I am today
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Biopsy is not fun to anyone especially to a child. It is good that the little girl is fine. Congrats to you on that good news. I guess you might consider to give her a sibling... It might be the best gift to her... much more than an audio system...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    As someone with a chronic GI disorder, I'm glad she is doing good and hopefully free of any issues in the GI tract.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Willow
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I just opened up my pocketbook because of how happy I am today

In that case I found you a garage system:
    http://driving.ca/lamborghini/auto-news/news/lamborghinis-aventador-inspired-speaker-is-downright-absurd
  • Joey_V
    Options
    haimoc wrote: »
    Biopsy is not fun to anyone especially to a child. It is good that the little girl is fine. Congrats to you on that good news. I guess you might consider to give her a sibling... It might be the best gift to her... much more than an audio system...

We got a little Henry... He's a hungry hungry little man! Complete 180 from Emma... My wife and I were like... "So this is what it's like with a normal baby"

Emma is great, she's daddy's little girl.vkanvotmpiox.jpeg

• Willow
    Options
    What a cute kid.

Henry, and I believe I speak for almost everyone on this forum, we hope you inherit your dad's love of music and gear, just not his style (or lack thereof) his shorts.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    What a cute kid.

Henry, and I believe I speak for almost everyone on this forum, we hope you inherit your dad's love of music and gear, just not his style (or lack thereof) his shorts.

Thanks willow... Haha
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    I just opened up my pocketbook because of how happy I am today

In that case I found you a garage system:
    http://driving.ca/lamborghini/auto-news/news/lamborghinis-aventador-inspired-speaker-is-downright-absurd

Pocketbook closed
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Emma this is what a real piano sounds like.673btwg63gut.jpeg
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Fast forward 20 years...

"Hi. My name is Emma. And... I'm an audioholic."
    Mumbles quietly to herself in disgust, "Thanks Dad..."

Wow, killer system for "Emma". ;)

Awesome that the family is enjoying it. Great news as well on Emma's biopsy results. Sounds like a little more celebrating and dancing to the new Rotel/SF system is in order this Festivus-Eve!
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Wow... your baby boy is so cute. I like his smile. They will play together soon.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Fast forward 20 years...

Awesome that the family is enjoying it. Great news as well on Emma's biopsy results. Sounds like a little more celebrating and dancing to the new Rotel/SF system is in order this Festivus-Eve!

The dealer is ordering the amps as we speak... Still not sure if I go with their best integrated or go with their best stack.

Then rest for a while... Then 1 more room needs a system in this house...
  • Willow
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Fast forward 20 years...

The dealer is ordering the amps as we speak... Still not sure if I go with their best integrated or go with their best stack.

Then rest for a while... Then 1 more room needs a system in this house...

Right, the garage and like I posted I got your back
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    And we just got out of Emma's GI Doctor appointment with news of the biospy results.... We DODGED a bullet... Thank God man....

It's going to be a great Christmas! I just opened up my pocketbook because of how happy I am today[/quote

Great news.
  • footwedge
    Options
    Emma this is what a real piano sounds like.673btwg63gut.jpeg

Very glad your little princess is ok.

Thinking these pants might supplant the shorts :p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,830
    Options
    If only I had that kind of disposable income. D'agostinos with maybe a better SF speaker like the SF Amati Futura. Drop dead gorgeous combo.

You're not going to like this and will deny it, but the truth speaks for itself. Ever since you joined the forum years ago you have been about the dollar and the look, otherwise known as the status symbol aspect rather than the sound quality. The above quote of yours says it loud and clear. Maybe one day you'll get it, but I seriously doubt it.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    edited December 2016
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    If only I had that kind of disposable income. D'agostinos with maybe a better SF speaker like the SF Amati Futura. Drop dead gorgeous combo.

You're not going to like this and will deny it, but the truth speaks for itself. Ever since you joined the forum years ago you have been about the dollar and the look, otherwise known as the status symbol aspect rather than the sound quality. The above quote of yours says it loud and clear. Maybe one day you'll get it, but I seriously doubt it.

I think to an extent you are right. I am much more mature now than I was 10y ago when I joined the forum. Whereas before I would just deny or even get angry... now, I can see your point and I think you have some validity to your statement. I make no bones about it, I can be a gear ****-der and I'm probably not 100% SQ dependent but 70/30 SQ/Brand ratio.

At some point, the audio quality becomes quite good and what separates the best of the best is design. The audio differences become a little like splitting hairs so what's a guy to do? Look at brand, reputation, resale, exterior design, and overall product je ne sais quoi.

I spoke to Skip in the past, I tend to gravitate to 2 things:
    1. Proven resale.
    2. Popular brands.

With this kind of money, I don't want to lose much in case of resale.

With regards to sound quality, there is gear that I like. I find the sound of the SF O3 to be quite good, very good in fact. The comment about the SF Futura is based on 2 things: I find it beautiful and the sound is superb considering it is a beefed up O3 without the bass issues.

Is there better for the price? Probably. But I'm not interested.

I'm in audio for myself and I'm not out there to impress anyone else, I just post my experience because some find it interesting and a lot of it is in jest. I understand it might irk some people, some might find it pretentious, or even insulting. That said, I've had numerous people tell me they enjoy it.

I tried to listen to others - everyone has their opinion of what sounds best.

But when I tried it in my place - both equipments left. Not for me.

The Dag's probably not the best pair of amps around especially at the overbloated price, but it holds value on the used market and is not a bear like my Boulder. Easier to place to position to lift. They are small and fit under the console, they have an art deco look that just looks like nothing else.

That said, I went with pure SQ the last time I purchased an amp - hence the Boulder 2060 trumped the Dag's that I was eyeballing even though the Dag's were a couple thou cheaper.

So you're right Jesse, I agree and deny.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm reading wrong, or maybe I've had a few too many egg nog and rums... but this thread has seemed to derailed a bit. Looks like you need to ditch all the fancy gear, buy some modded SDA's and get some MIT cables. And come back down from the clouds.. but in all seriousness, congrats on the new speakers and the health of your girl. After all this is the internet, with a bunch of old grumpy guys hiding behind their computers (aka club Polk)... just kidding guys.. let the flaming commence :naughty:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    edited December 2016
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm reading wrong, or maybe I've had a few too many egg nog and rums... but this thread has seemed to derailed a bit. Looks like you need to ditch all the fancy gear, buy some modded SDA's and get some MIT cables. And come back down from the clouds.. but in all seriousness, congrats on the new speakers and the health of your girl. After all this is the internet, with a bunch of old grumpy guys hiding behind their computers (aka club Polk)... just kidding guys.. let the flaming commence :naughty:

Nah no worries man.

While I am very interested in SQ (hence, I have a dedicated room with treatments and I am anal about that system), I might be slightly more tolerant in less controlled rooms. I find that as you move up, the SQ are all really quite good and becomes more of what you like rather than purely something better than another.

At that point, it just becomes a personal choice.

I choose something well known, well marketed, and popular because I don't like losing my shirt in resale plus it's a lot easier to read up and research the product especially when it's costing upwards beyond 5 figures. At this price level, it is VERY tough to audition or bring home for a trial.. sometimes you just have to trust your gut, go with something known, and something that is well documented on the interwebz... rather than recreating the wheel.

My want for SF Futura and DAGS is based on auditions in the past, known experience with similar products or SF products, a penchant for Dan D'agostino since he was in Krell years ago.

Are they the best sounding at that price? Probably not.

But you know what... who cares.

I've been doing this long enough to know what I like and how I like it.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I've enjoyed you're journey. And My post wasn't pointed at anyone In particular, I was poking at the SDA cultists a little bit, and only in fun. We all know what we like, and have each gotten there differently. The hardest part has been in home auditions, nothing worse than bringing a piece of gear home and being completely disappointed with it.

I've only been in the 2 channel game a few years and I've learnt the most hanging at this forum. I've also learned 2 channel is hard, home theater is easy. If I could go back I would focus on what brought me into this hobby in the first place, the music! I type this as I search for tube finds on eBay under my covers.. hehe
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome gear and knowing what you like, Joey. Glad to hear your little girl is OK too. Merry Christmas.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Congrats on the new system Joey, and most of all the terrific news about Emma!

May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Lord Vader
    Options
    Perhaps a light saber would be in order for her as well. One with a double hilt perhaps?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Nice Joey sure it's hers, and I bet the my Little Pony soundtrack sounds fantastic through those Sonus Faber's, as long as both the gals in your life believe you then it's all good, spend much time in Emma's room do ya?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)