Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• Link is down, it's a shame I would have been all over them. Still looking for something closer to the sunshine state.
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2016
    Jolida JD9 MKII phono stage $475 shipped.

Edit: Just dropped to $425 shipped.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/jolida-jd9-mk-ii.628104/
    Post edited by Nightfall on
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2016
    Salamander Synergy triple - No doors - $210 Nice price! No Affil.
    http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/fuo/5913534773.html

00y0y_eq89bnfq302_600x450.jpg
    00V0V_8TjjNZAZXkf_600x450.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    i just picked up the same cabinet in cherry with doors and a drawer. The build quality is excellent.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    WLDock wrote: »

Oh god you suck donkey lol.....

Wheels are turning...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324

Where in the hell were you 9 months ago. I feel like going and picking it up just for a back-up. :D
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • EndersShadow
    Thorton wrote: »

Where in the hell were you 9 months ago. I feel like going and picking it up just for a back-up. :D

Please do. Then I wont be tempted..... Although the one I really want is cherry or walnut....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Thorton

Please do. Then I wont be tempted..... Although the one I really want is cherry or walnut....

I have walnut and love it. All my gear and speakers are black. It would probably be too much black.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Thorton
    That is a nice price even if you had to touch up scratches or scuff marks. And you can always add doors, etc.
  • EndersShadow
    That is a nice price even if you had to touch up scratches or scuff marks. And you can always add doors, etc.

I know, but I cant make it walnut or cherry easily lol.....

I am just gonna suck it up and buy a NIB one eventually so I can customize it to exactly what I need and also (more importantly) let the wife pick cherry or walnut and the finishes on it :smile:
  • Thorton
    I know exactly how you feel. They do customize. I had them cut shorter the aluminum center supports to fit my huge center channel. They are a little pricey new but not many companies will customize and finding someone to build one to your specs would probably cost more.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2016
    I know exactly how you feel. They do customize. I had them cut shorter the aluminum center supports to fit my huge center channel. They are a little pricey new but not many companies will customize and finding someone to build one to your specs would probably cost more.

Yeah, for me it will be more about the shelving than anything.

I'm shooting for a triple thirty so I can finally stack my AVR on top of my Amp to have shorter IC runs, and then my sources on one side and my sub amp and APC on the other.

I'd LOVE to have the center in the middle section, but with the Amp and AVR there, I doubt the center would fit but I may try for that too.

I will end up with a lot of space on either side, but I may put some drawers in them to store things like extra cables, controllers & games, maybe my old TT on a pullout shelf
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    d2mglsz7qvnn.jpg

I was surprised, my center just fit. We made 3 more shelves to hold all the gear. The shelf support system is first class for sure.
  • WLDock
    I guess others are into the Synergy's as well. if it was walnut I would've been interested.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WTS
    WTS Posts: 170
    Where in the hell were you 9 months ago.

Um, if you have to ask....
  • WLDock
    Wheels are turning...
    Ha Ha, you guys are funny. Someone needs to move on it. If it were Dark Walnut I would be considering picking it up today.

...now wondering if I want to drive to Indy to pick up a BDI rack deal? Hum.... let me check the roads.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Icy conditions in Indy, Mr. W......I got the bucket truck to do a drift around the hotel parking lot.! Good times!
    Wheels are turning...
    Ha Ha, you guys are funny. Someone needs to move on it. If it were Dark Walnut I would be considering picking it up today.

...now wondering if I want to drive to Indy to pick up a BDI rack deal? Hum.... let me check the roads.

• WLDock
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I'm not thrilled with driving long distances in the Winter.

If I can't find a deal in my price range then the plan is to build a custom Synergy copy maybe in the Spring / Summer. Why not, given my plan to build speakers. Get down and dirty with MDF and wood veneer. The center channel will be a pretty tall size (24"W x 13.25"D x 11"H) so a low rack will be needed given my large TV. These projects came out pretty good:

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/home-theater-electronics-discussion-66/i-just-finished-building-my-av-cabinet-its-copy-salamander-"synergy"-design-2656477/

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?16258-DIY-rack&s=98a5346f1266ab6eba63292734e97d0b

Here is a BIG Synergy layout: http://cdn.avsforum.com/0/0a/0ab6fe44_vbattach134084.jpeg
    That costs a couple of G's! Would be cool for someone to replicate.

Post edited by WLDock on
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Great deal on that Wagner, here's what looks like the same unit on my CL for 1350.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/fuo/5893182747.html
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506

Yeah, for me it will be more about the shelving than anything.

I'm shooting for a triple thirty so I can finally stack my AVR on top of my Amp to have shorter IC runs, and then my sources on one side and my sub amp and APC on the other.

I'd LOVE to have the center in the middle section, but with the Amp and AVR there, I doubt the center would fit but I may try for that too.

I will end up with a lot of space on either side, but I may put some drawers in them to store things like extra cables, controllers & games, maybe my old TT on a pullout shelf

These are even pricier than the Salamanders but if you're gonna splurge at some point it might be worth considering.

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2016
    These are even pricier than the Salamanders but if you're gonna splurge at some point it might be worth considering.

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/

I've looked at them, but I dont like the fact you cant really do much more to them after the fact. Additionally you CANNOT have your amp & avr in the middle, they have to be off to one side which means if you have 8 foot speaker cables like I do, you just limited yourself on how far out your left or right speaker can be.

With them stacked in the middle like I plan, I have a lot more room to configure things. Also the synergy line you can add locks to the door, active ventilation to the back of the cabinets, different side panels, more shelves, pull out TT shelving, etc.

Makes it easier to drop the big bucks on a larger one knowing you can customize it either at time of build, or later as your needs change.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    DSkip wrote: »
    Marantz SR-7010 for half off - $1100, brand new. PM me if interested.

That's an insane price. I'm ready to jump and I don't even need it!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Nothing fancy here, but looks like a good solid center. No affiliation. 16uygxfi28jd.jpg
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/5896185667.html

THAT is a STEAL at $50 I have one they are very solid centers its not going anywhere without me!!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Nothing fancy here, but looks like a good solid center. No affiliation. 16uygxfi28jd.jpg
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/5896185667.html

THAT is a STEAL at $50 I have one they are very solid centers its not going anywhere without me!!

TOTL center back in the day. I have 2, for $50 I'd run!!
  • WLDock
    edited December 2016
    What a deal, its like buying the AVR and getting the speakers for free.

$400 - http://odessa.craigslist.org/ele/5896796074.html in Odessa / Andrews, TX
    ...no affil.

Onkyo TX-NR3008 receiver
    Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000
    Supercube 1 subwoofer,
    Studio Monitor 450 fronts and
    BP1. 2x surrounds
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Hmmm I have a nephew working on a rig down in that area, wonder if they would part with the ferret molested sub separately? Anyone ever clean ferret gizz off anything?
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    That stuff looks borderline beat up and is most definitely going to smell like ferret.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    This is a run, don't walk price for this combo (LSi9's, LSiC, Denon AVR 3805, Denon DVD 2900, and misc. cables) -$500 near Tucson.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/5911734045.html
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Any good deals in dfw area?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound