Let's see it!

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    love the George Jones photo :) you & Todd and those Mc's :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Halo, funny that you started this thread today. For the last ten years or so I've had nothing but SDA's in my 2-channel set-up.

This morning I received a pair of Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE's and rolled them into the mix.

They will need plenty of break-in so I'm told, so the process has started. They have already opened up considerably in just a few hours...Good stuff :D

tgrnz5faiurl.jpg
    That's a very good looking setup and I really like the way you've incorporated the acoustic treatments!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    stangman67 wrote: »
    My basic 2 channel setup. Love it

IMG_20160927_210616_zpseaakaxaf.jpg
    Doesn't look "basic" to me man. Looks nice!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Some nice cool systems here. Nice to see a showcase back.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    some nice wall paint colors, too. Srsly.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314

[/quote]

How are you feeling about them being a long time SDA listener?
    [/quote]

It's really too early to tell as the Dyn's are still a long way from their peak. I can say that they sound different, in a good way, but not any better in some ways.

I didn't expect them the present the soundstage width of the SDA's, but the stage depth is much deeper and more coherent.

What I hoping for, was better low volume resolution, and I think are going to fill that bill in spades.

So far, they are very revealing but not "tipped up" in any way, detailed yet smooth.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited December 2016
    Nightfall wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    What up Josh...can you not read? :#:p;)

Depends on how long the words are but sometimes. In this case I was hoping to get more detailed info than "good stuff". :D

My "good stuff" was just a description of the beginning of the break-in progress. I wasn't trying to right a review of them, just posting a picture in a thread dedicated to our systems.

btw, beautiful set-ups here, carry on.

• halo
    It's really too early to tell as the Dyn's are still a long way from their peak. I can say that they sound different, in a good way, but not any better in some ways.

I didn't expect them the present the soundstage width of the SDA's, but the stage depth is much deeper and more coherent.

What I hoping for, was better low volume resolution, and I think are going to fill that bill in spades.

So far, they are very revealing but not "tipped up" in any way, detailed yet smooth.
    I've never owned SDAs but I've had the pleasure of hearing them on several occasions.

What struck me about the Confidence C1 Platinum speakers at AXPONA 2016 was how they totally disappeared leaving nothing but music everywhere around me. It was quite the experience. Granted, I wasn't just hearing the speakers, I was hearing the setup as a whole. Still, I was captivated by the soundstage width, depth, height; the presence of the music & the impact of the bass.

As I said before, the DM 2/6 replicated 80% of that experience for me in my listening environment with my equipment. I was really blown away by the "entry" level speakers and I decided to move up the ladder to the Excite line. The C1's are still the end goal - unless I have more money & a bigger room...lol.

I got mine previously owned so they were already broken in for me. I can only imagine what is ahead for you Mike!

• Mike Reeter
    halo wrote: »

I've never owned SDAs but I've had the pleasure of hearing them on several occasions.

What struck me about the Confidence C1 Platinum speakers at AXPONA 2016 was how they totally disappeared leaving nothing but music everywhere around me. It was quite the experience. Granted, I wasn't just hearing the speakers, I was hearing the setup as a whole. Still, I was captivated by the soundstage width, depth, height; the presence of the music & the impact of the bass.

As I said before, the DM 2/6 replicated 80% of that experience for me in my listening environment with my equipment. I was really blown away by the "entry" level speakers and I decided to move up the ladder to the Excite line. The C1's are still the end goal - unless I have more money & a bigger room...lol.

I got mine previously owned so they were already broken in for me. I can only imagine what is ahead for you Mike!

Literally disappear right in front of your eyes, never experienced this before in quite this fashion.

Dynaudio has released the new Contour Series, the C20 would be a stand mount you need to get your ears on one day, They have the same tweeter as the C1.

I heard the C30 floor stander and it's a jaw dropper.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Pic of system that I had for years.

lycaik2bmtdr.jpg

Then I got a new Rack courtesy of Mark in 2014.

6ay4vob6xwto.jpg

Then he got me the TV in 2015.

nazwwsmq751f.jpg

Wednesday, it will be changing again. The Boston sub is gone and a SVS SB NSD-12
    will be going where it was on the left next to the wine racks. Then in Feb. I'll be getting the S60s in place of my RTA-8Ts.

I like the progression Cathy
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    DSkip wrote: »
    Current state of things. For reference, that's a 93" screen.

910qzfan6sy0.jpg

Big boy ushers
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    stangman67 wrote: »
    My basic 2 channel setup. Love it

IMG_20160927_210616_zpseaakaxaf.jpg

Clean.
    09wk7d4svso6.jpg

Sweet.
    halo wrote: »
    Halo, funny that you started this thread today. For the last ten years or so I've had nothing but SDA's in my 2-channel set-up.

This morning I received a pair of Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE's and rolled them into the mix.

They will need plenty of break-in so I'm told, so the process has started. They have already opened up considerably in just a few hours...Good stuff :D

tgrnz5faiurl.jpg
    That's a very good looking setup and I really like the way you've incorporated the acoustic treatments!

Professional.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited December 2016
    Awesome thread, classy joints and great gear! Skip is that some 50 foot long Electra 7's dangling from that rack?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Missed your pic earlier Josh (nightfall), you've come along way bro...good job
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    nazwwsmq751f.jpg

Ergonomics!! Wine within reach of your system... me like! B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    scubalab wrote: »
    nazwwsmq751f.jpg

Ergonomics!! Wine within reach of your system... me like! B)

-- as long as it is within staggering distance, all is well.
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I am at work on lunch and trying to view this thread, but it is taking forever to load the photos.

It's the pixel size and resultant file size of folks posting.

A 4Mx2M picture? Really?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    I am at work on lunch and trying to view this thread, but it is taking forever to load the photos.

A 4Mx2M picture? Really?

I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I think many of us simply snap pics on our cell and directly upload them. Every other site can handle It, why not a site owned by a large company that sells the most speakers in the us???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Erik Tracy wrote: »

A 4Mx2M picture? Really?

I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I think many of us simply snap pics on our cell and directly upload them. Every other site can handle It, why not a site owned by a large company that sells the most speakers in the us???

Not trying to single anyone out, but since this site in particular seems to serve up pictures slowly, can't folks resize their photos before uploading?

"The needs of the many.."

I'd love to check out the systems you all have, but the load times are killing any joy.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    ih7dkj2xcdrc.jpg

Not the best picture but figured I would contribute. Plan to eventually get a stand more suited for the components. I know the A-21 should be more open but it isn't even getting warm.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ^How do those outriggers work with your LSi towers? Thought about getting some once or twice to make them less tippy
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    ^How do those outriggers work with your LSi towers? Thought about getting some once or twice to make them less tippy

They work great. Super stable now. They were a bit pricey but worth it. I actually have another set leftover from my LSi25s if you decide you might want to get some.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G