Walking Dead Season 7

It's going down tonight!

My money is on Glenn getting the bad end of Lucille. 45 minutes to go...
No excuses!

Comments

• polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Yup I agree, He should have been dead last season, he was just a dead man walking waiting for Lucille....

Cheers
    Roger
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    That was an intense episode, I didn't need that much intensity in my life at midnight.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    That was terrible.....this show ran its course awhile ago. I'm out.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    One of the most brutal and intense episodes EVER!
    No excuses!
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    I can see that I am going to have to watch The Walking Dead on Sunday when it airs. There are way too many references to it on the Yahoo feed and I am having a hard time avoiding spoilers.

Don't know if there are any on this thread, I scrolled to the bottom right away.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    Very intense and sad.

If the rest of the season is like this, I may have to stop watching. I am all good with drama, suspense type stuff, but that was rough to sit through, and the after effects are going to be brutal.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    I'm out for now, a little too brutal to be enjoyable at the moment.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Very intense and sad.

If the rest of the season is like this, I may have to stop watching. I am all good with drama, suspense type stuff, but that was rough to sit through, and the after effects are going to be brutal.

H9

I hear ya....and I am tired of entertainment falling back on gore, shock, and violence in the absence of a compelling storing and quality acting. Sadly, Quentin Terantinos later films and this show have taken that direction.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I wasn't expecting it to be that graphic. The "impact" seemed to be different when it was person to person violence rather than how main characters were taken out of the show previously by the walking dead.

The Talking Dead show afterwards was also bizarre with the cast sitting out in the pouring rain with umbrellas. Also looked like some of them were half crocked or in Halloween outfits. The producer said the next episode is supposed to be light hearted and introduce a lot of new characters.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    When I say brutal I don't mean on me, but the rest of characters. Meaning the rest of the season is probably going to be melancholy.

I understand they needed to shake the characters to their bones! I am hoping the next few episodes are more positive. That was just plain evil and dark and I don't want to sit through an entire season like that.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    The eye scene mirrors what they did in the comics...but drawings don't make the same impressions as real life.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    It was very disturbing.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    My take on it is...

Think back to Season 1 and what our characters were like. As much as we think this is just about zombies VS humans, the story line shows what this apocalypse does to ordinary people over time. It's really been a battle of human vs human to take whats left and survive while trying to avoid the zombies. Glenn was a pizza delivery guy. Carol was an abused housewife afraid of her own shadow. Rick the cop. Maggie the sweet innocent farm girl. Carol is like Rambo now! The more battles with other humans, the more loss of friends, the more it hardens them all making them lose their humanity. Negan is no doubt the epitome of this! I'm sure we'll learn some of his back story.

As disturbing as it was, I enjoyed the heck out of it.
    No excuses!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Whoa.....
    I was hoping Coral was gonna lose his arm! Blast!

This should be interesting. Clearly they went over the top due to all the hype from the season 6 finale.

How is this gore any different from the zombie dismemberment that has taken place for the last 6 seasons? Zombie lives matter too!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Well I was right but I wasn't expecting them to kill off two characters, at least Abraham when out like a Man what did he say suck my b@lls. All Glen could do was mumble sh/t probably something like I will keep an eye out for ya whoo hoo that was a brutal start to the season.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    They just might have lost me with that episode. I know it was about shock value, but I didn't care for Negan, as a character. Too over the top or something. If he's going to be the main focus all season, I think I am out of here.

And, having said that, I am a fan or Jeffery Dean Morgan, just not so much here.
  • Strong Bad wrote: »
    My take on it is...

Think back to Season 1 and what our characters were like. As much as we think this is just about zombies VS humans, the story line shows what this apocalypse does to ordinary people over time. It's really been a battle of human vs human to take whats left and survive while trying to avoid the zombies. Glenn was a pizza delivery guy. Carol was an abused housewife afraid of her own shadow. Rick the cop. Maggie the sweet innocent farm girl. Carol is like Rambo now! The more battles with other humans, the more loss of friends, the more it hardens them all making them lose their humanity. Negan is no doubt the epitome of this! I'm sure we'll learn some of his back story.

As disturbing as it was, I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Strong Bad, the theme reminds me of an Eric Church song that I like very much. It seems to fit more with the behavior of Rick Grimes regarding his kids.

The song is the "Dark Side". We all have a dark side but don't we don't know what is the actual trigger. Some of our dark sides are worse than others. I had never thought about this corner of my mind.

Over there in the shadows, hangin' out in the corner of my mind / Stringing up the gallows, waiting for me to cross that line / That man's dangerous as hell, a threat to himself,........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPAdTTbCCd4
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Paradoxex wrote: »
    The eye scene mirrors what they did in the comics...but drawings don't make the same impressions as real life.

Wait... what...? That was real life?!?

:p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2016
    Well...just saw last weeks episode tonight....humanity has the ability to implode upon itself in the face of other adversities it can't understand.
  • mrbiron
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Well...just saw last weeks episode tonight....humanity has the ability to implode upon itself in the face of other adversities it can't understand.

That was deep.....................and no, that is NOT what she said.

With all you people walking out because of brutality in a show that has been slaughtering people for 7 seasons, last night's episode might have done it for me with the completely ridiculous setting/characters. Never read the comics, but seriously.........

post-34715-Jim-Carrey--Oh-Come-On-gif-WgEv.gif
  • Nightfall
    I'm not giving up quite yet but I agree completely. Kingdom? King? Tiger? "Oh, come on!" works perfectly.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    bpo8ct6m0mqw.png
    He's a Thespian, Josh! Acting!
    Brilliant!
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    Is anyone still watching this? I'm starting tonights episode right now.

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Still watching, but disappointment seems the norm now. This entire season makes Fear the Walking Dead look good, which is quite a feat, considering how incredibly bad that show is.
    Carol and Daryl was the only high point.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I remember back when everybody was all set for a Carol/Daryl romance, I'm not seeing it happening if it hasn't happened by now.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    This is one of my top shows, but last season was really disappointing. Hope they make something good this season. I guess all shows start a downward spiral after a few years.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • mrbiron
    I'm running low on excitement for this show. Ever since they introduced the tiger.....yeah....um

Wrap it up!