Polkfest, 9 Oct 2004, Charleston SC- be there!!!

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2004
    21 / the neighbor's house under seige.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited October 2004
    Ok,

I have some picture of the "Gift" so let me know when these can be post.

I also some pictures that need to be fixed first before I they can be posted. (too dark)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2004
    What a motley crew.....that pic of Russman is...well the pic says it all. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited October 2004
    That pic of Russman with the goofy smile is priceless

I hate to ask, it was nice of you for posting the pics...

but could you tell us who everyone is, I wanna put names with faces...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    What a motley crew.....that pic of Russman is...well the pic says it all. :D

I know and he looked like that every time I looked at him, when I did I pick another beer. :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited October 2004
    Ok, So I know some names but I forgot some also.

So if you like to see your name on that picture PM with the number or something so I can edit that post OK.

You's where all new to me also.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2004
    Since disneyjoe7 was kind enough to # his pics, I will try to do names with faces:

2) reeltrouble1
    3) F1nut and Tour2ma
    4) The Carver Amazings along with Carver amps, Conrad Johnson pre, Jolida tube CDP and Philips SACD
    5) Polk Al and Tour2ma
    6) SC plate
    7) The SNAKE
    8) brettw22 and reeltrouble1 (on couch) Zero behind
    9) Polk Paul and dorokusai give away the door prizes. Along the far wall are TroyD in the red shirt, amulford in the white shirt, an unknown female, hotwheelman's son, hotwheelman.
    10) Tour2ma and Polk Al (again)
    11) amulford
    12) dorokusai
    13) shack
    14) hoosier21
    15) RuSsMaN
    16) A$$wipes
    17) brettw22 and F1nut
    18) F1nut
    20) F1nut, RuSsMaN, hoosier21
    21) the neighbor's house under seige.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Nothing left to say about the gathering in general, but that a new Polkfest standard has been set...

Troy, Wendi, it was a pleasure to meet the two of you. THANK YOU so much for your overly generous hospitality. The food, the "beverages" (Troy, did you even get a taste of the "whiskey"?)... Never have I appreciated 6 sq ft of floor so much as I did at 0500 the two consecutive nights spent at your place. If you are ever in the Houston area, be it TXPF-III or sooner, I insist that you permit me to return the favor...

Next thanks have to go to my wingman for toughly a third of my roundtrip, hoosier... Russ, thanks for the company and the accomodations on my GA layovers, going and coming... Ditto the above to you and the family. Me casa, su casa, amigo...

I can honestly say that I had at least one very enjoyable conversation with every attendee... at least they were enjoyable for me... :D

I can also say (and I believe that others will verify this.. :p ) that I personally adjusted the set up of every pair of speakers in the place...

To all the old friends:
    F1, the "zenmaster" in pursuit of musical nirvana, I enjoyed sharing the journey with you once again...

dorosan, the MIT/ BBQ Shogun, keep blazing the eclectic audio trails... what else can I say except, "OUTSTANDING"...

RuSsMan, the "King Rat" of Club Polk, you proved once again the only thing bigger than your talent for scrounging, is your heart... Well, may have to add your "Mellon" to that list.

hoosier, master of the early morning serenade, a man who has raised snoring to an art form, may all those logs by the house be as easy to saw as those you do in your dreams...

And to the Forum friends to which I can finally assign faces, if you enjoyed meeting me half as much as I did you, then I enjoyed it twice as much as you did... ( :confused: )

Troy - said it all above... muchas gracias... clean that CJ, but watch out as it does bite... albeit not as hard as Gunny... Plan on sending the Sunfire to hoosier when you're done playing with it... Now go spin some vinyl... ;)

Steve(shack) - a walking, classic rock section of AMG with a decision... college for the girls or audio for Daddy??? (decisions should all be that easy)... PM your addy for a little Seatrain IOU... You gotta hear this... :)... you'll love it...

Dave - enjoyed the cave conversations and the look on your face when the Firebird was resurrected. It's why God invented Bob Carver.. Your Pioneer will be tube tested and delivered for spin-up in no time...

Sean - wished you had started tickling the ivories before 0400 Sunday morning... sounded like you've invested more than a few hours there.

Steve(djoe) - AKA the "side-ler", a quiet man with a pocket full of world class zingers and a monster sub... nice pics from a serious digital camera

Ted - who couldn't "sidle' if his life depended on it... forgot to ask you what your mantra is... prolly "pass the beer, pass the rum"... Thanks for the doughnuts... Enjoy your NAD's.

Anthony - damn, son, I had my eye on that Zep set, too... ;) If there was ever a Polkie that needed an amp that could go to "11", you da man. Thanks for haulin' the 2000's all the way from "Joysee"

Mike - missed hearing the Eosomes, but not the Tennesee's... fine little speaker there that I can't see you parting with, but should you decide to... :D Hope we did not warp your boy for life.

and last, but not least...

brett - it was a pleasure... can't remember half the things we talked about talking about, so i hope you do. What I do remember is a great deal of laughter ( Mars... got it...)

And to Polk Paul and Polk Al... thanks for all the insight, goodies, inside "****", demo's, history, putting up with 100 "when-are-you-bringin-the-SDA's-back" questions (Paul, don't forget hoosier's suggestion) and just being there... Your presense made it an even bigger success. Al, don't forget to call on us to help out at "roadshows"...

I look forward to future meetings, be they 'fests or other, with one and all.... What a friggin' blast...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2004
    Bruce is now the official Polk Audio TWEAKMEISTER. :D:D:D:D

Yes, I did get a couple good tastes of the Scotch. PREMIUM hootch and MUCH appreciated along with everything else.

I gotta say that nobody had his hump busted like Bruce this weekend. Something to be said about a guy who is secure enough and wise enough to A. not get his dander up and B. know that it was all in good jest. As I said, if you can't bust your buddy's hump, whose hump can you bust?

I will say that Bruce hasn't seen the last of the lovely Wendi and I.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • disneyjoe7
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by shack
    Since disneyjoe7 was kind enough to # his pics, I will try to do names with faces:

Shack,

Since you filled the holes for names / pictures / screen-names, I will edited these tonight after work.

BTW that is the big problem here no access at work polk.com is banned. :rolleyes: The mornings there is just not enough time.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by TroyD
    I gotta say that nobody had his hump busted like Bruce this weekend. Something to be said about a guy who is secure enough and wise enough to A. not get his dander up and B. know that it was all in good jest. As I said, if you can't bust your buddy's hump, whose hump can you bust?

I will say that Bruce hasn't seen the last of the lovely Wendi and I.

BDT
    WHAAAAAAA-T... now I'm pissed... NOT.

Troy, gotta remember:
    C. I was generally oblivious due to beverage consumption; and
    D. the jesters were even more eff'd up than me; and
    E. He who cannot laugh at himself is not worth the teaspoon of salt I poured down Russ's **** crack as he slept, passed out, face down on your couch (old trick to make the morning after's first "movement" more interesting)...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Proof that it's true what they say about owners and their pets looking alike... and obviously I don't mean Wendi...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2004
    It was a BLAST!!(at times literally) Sorry for posting so late, but I was tired from the drive last night, and the last thing I wanted to do was SIT in front of the 'puter.

It was great to have the oppurtunity to listen to SO MUCH great gear and to meet such a great group of people. It was almost a sensory overload, what with all of the great tunes, cool equipment, outstanding food, fine spirits, etc. etc. Out FRIGGIN' standing!!!!

Troy and The Lovely Ms. Wendy - I cannot thank you enough. You have demonstrated the epitome of Southern Hospitality. I can't recall getting better treatment, and that includes family(of course, they know what's coming) Ms. Wendy, you have the patience of a saint. Ya'll have a standing invitation whenever. You don't even need to call, just show up at the door. I only hope I can return the favor. Troy, you have me thinking about a man cave. Your going to get me divorced. Excellent rig...

Al and Paul - Thanks for taking the time to come down. It was extremely interesting to talk to you, and it was very nice to hear how much you guys at corporate think of us. I hope to meet you again. I still say it was a case of " Oh HELL No!!! If I gotta go, your comin' with me!!!"

To the rest of you guys - it was great to meet all of you. It was said this resembled a family get together instead of a group of strangers meeting for the first time, I have to agree. Good People, all of you. If your ever in the area, you have to come here. Individually -

F1 - Thank you for the pointers. The dynamat is ordered. D

Doro - You don't practice horticulture in that fashion. BTW, plants like real water, they aren't receptive to the ammonia or the alcohol content

Reel - two words: PLAUSIBLE DENIABILTY

Hoosier - I could use some peacock feathers, if you get a chance.

RuSs - The cat got some payback, huh??

DisneyJoe - They would had dumb on it, but they couldn't spell it.

Zero - I found it. PM me for further instruction.

DagLJam6 - you left a stain on the couch...

Hotwheel - WHAT RU FRIGGIN TALKIN TO ME ?!? Tell the boy we wanna see results... or else...

Brett - Don't laugh, numb nuts. You were trimming 'em too!

Shack - They let me stay, but I had to stay in the laundry where they could hose down the floor.

Tour - I didn't say that the fruit needed to be edible. At that point, WHO CARES???

Thoughts on the gear to come later....
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Pictures moved to Showcase...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2004
    Are we posting all the pics here in the thread or do we want to mass load a Showcase profile?

I'd say though that there were enough pictures taken that we should probably create 2 profiles in the Showcase so those on dial up won't be COMPLETELY screwed....(little screwed is ok)....

My thoughts, and oh there are plenty, to come later.......;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli