Exact parts list for blade blade srs2.

I see a lot of info for the pin blade. But much less for the blade blade. I even see that VR3 has new boards for the pin blade but not blade blade. Does anyone have a link to the exact parts list for caps and resistors for the blade blade srs2? Seems like there is less info for the earlier version srs2.

Just was hoping to find the exact values for the oem srs 2 blade blade. I'm not to swift on reading schematics. But I can solder part for part.

Comments

• I have blade/blade and had mine done by Westmassguy (David) who did a excellent job. He can help you.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    open them up and look for yourself. Write down what your XO has for caps and resistors. Polk is known for switching on the fly on many things it is the only way to know for sure in most cases. This way there will be no surprises later.
  • Rex81
    Rex81 Posts: 193
    I'm cheap and don't hear differences in cap brands, so I went with Dayton 5% in the sub/low pass, and Dayton 1% in the high from Parts Express. Turned out great. I think they were having a sale and I got everything for about $175. Here's the list:

4 - Dayton Audio DMPC-90 90uF 250V Polypropylene Capacitor
    Part # 027-446

4 - Dayton Audio DMPC-33 33uF 250V Polypropylene Capacitor
    Part # 027-441

2 - Dayton Audio PMPC-4.7 4.7uF 250V Precision Audio Capacitor
    Part # 027-230

2 - Dayton Audio PMPC-12 12uF 250V Precision Audio Capacitor
    Part # 027-246

8 - Mills 2.5 Ohm 12W Non-Inductive Resistor
    Part # 005-2.5

Note that these are not always 1:1 replacements. For instance, if I recall correctly, there's a 150 and a 30 cap in the originals totaling 180, so I tied 2 90s together to get the same value.

I scoured this thread for all the info so you can double check it if you want. Hopefully this saves you some time.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/138538/sda-srs-2-need-cpr-and-icu-life-support/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Rex, what other cap brands have you tried?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Rex81
    Rex81 Posts: 193
    I heard a set of Infinity WTLC that was rebuilt with Daytons and decided to rebuild my WTLCs with ERSE. It wasn't a noticeable difference to me. Now, it wasn't a back to back comparison, or a blind test or anything like that, so I can't say with certainty that there was no difference. Just that nothing about the ERSE jumped out at me. It just wasn't enough of a difference for me to spend 3 times the price on "better" caps for my SRS 2.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    In the past I have purchased the more costly caps and I think this time im going to go ahead with the Dayton caps. Ive heard good reviews about them and more so the fact that they are new should yield most of the improvement found from updating caps.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Dayton caps are pretty dismal, same for Erse. Use Sonicap or Clarity ESA at the minimum.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CH46E
    If I use the Daytons that leaves me enough money left over to buy thoes Armenian Sausage Skin RCA cables.
  • CH46E
    Rex, thanks again for the info. I do appriciate it.