comcast cabble

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
any one here have comcast with the digital box with s video and digital audio?
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    Nope, there was a thread in www.avsforum.com/avs-vb under the HT General section and it said that no Comcast digital cable boxes have toslink out or S-Video. I have Comcast analog and I am thinking of going over to Dish just because of the outputs on their PVR 501 (S-video and toslink).

The rest of the thread had rumors of a new box coming out that was going to upgrade the existing box. But I really don't know.
  • goingganzo
    edited April 2002
    thanks for the info i was told that the boxes have the svid and digital audio i am going to have to call them up and complain agin i am starting to hate comcast cant wait for wow to get the cabblemodem where i live
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited April 2002
    Don't get me started on Comcast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Direct TV all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • goingganzo
    edited April 2002
    i would love to go sat but i have 4 tvs and cabblemodem and going sat would be alot of a headache and alot of cash
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited April 2002
    Yeah the investment would set you back alittle but at the end of the day you would be so much happier.I dropped Comcast over 2 years ago, I lifted a weight off my back.
    DSL or Sat high speed is always the way to go,.I will give cable this,The cable modem is nice.It run's fast, but when everyone else in your town get's it, even on your street, it will slow down alot.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • goingganzo
    edited April 2002
    that is true but when they lite the dark fiber bandwith will become cheap and allmost free i cant wait for wow to get their cabblemodem so i can get a good digital box but i will lose my free hbo and max comcast uses a filter to filter out the hbo and max but sence we have a digital box they had to take out that filter so i get it on all my tvs and i mave a loop so i can use regular tv or my box