Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Almost looks like thats a single not a pair from his pic?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Ah yes... could be... if that's the case, it's not a deal then.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Nice! I bet they are in great shape given ...they still have the boxes.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Nice! I bet they are in great shape given ...they still have the boxes.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Parasound three channel amp. No affiliation. https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/5742173843.html

I saw that and wondered why? I mean do you really need that much power for a third channel. I'm thinking center by the way. Or is it used for something else?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Depends on the size and requirements of a center channel. Many are 4 ohm, needing that much power. Even so, the additional current helps with centers to clarify dialogue. Center channels do a lot of the lifting in a surround sound setup.

For the price though, you can get a 5 channel amp.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    tonyb wrote: »
    Depends on the size and requirements of a center channel. Many are 4 ohm, needing that much power. Even so, the additional current helps with centers to clarify dialogue. Center channels do a lot of the lifting in a surround sound setup.

For the price though, you can get a 5 channel amp.

This is why I like coming here. I was not aware of this. Seems like I learn a lot from you guys......
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited August 2016
    Do not know if they are a good deal? Original owner. He wants $850.00 7fdvq224ikwx.png
    Offered to me for $500. Also has Klipsch Lascalia and heresey speakers for sale. One hour east of St. Paul. Mn. No affiliation. Peace. Dalhsrjzzdphg.jpeg
    t8gekh6h5jl3.jpeg
    8cbq9sc9gipd.jpeg
    z0abtuls9xpm.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    a few things to check 1 play some piano through them and take a listen for buzzing on the ribbons 2 take the covers off and see if the woofers have any foam rot.

Remember there is not a ton of support for the ribbons anymore. I think there is only 1-2 people that deal with them.

at 500$ that is a fantastic deal!!!!!

I had the original amazings that were hard to drive but sounded wonderful. They were one of my fave speakers.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • scubalab
    L2V - those look NICE and are an even nicer price. However, that mini leopard in the background is eyeing them up as scratching posts... Act fast before they are shredded LOL!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I could fit the Carver Amazings in my living room. But it is only 12'x 12'. Do they need a big room? Thanks. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    erniejade wrote: »
    a few things to check 1 play some piano through them and take a listen for buzzing on the ribbons 2 take the covers off and see if the woofers have any foam rot.

Remember there is not a ton of support for the ribbons anymore. I think there is only 1-2 people that deal with them.

at 500$ that is a fantastic deal!!!!!

I had the original amazings that were hard to drive but sounded wonderful. They were one of my fave speakers.
    \

Worse than that.... there is NO REPAIR MATERIAL AVAILABLE. So beyond only one person repairing them in the entire US, he's been out of the repair material for over a year now...

As much as I'd love to own a pair (think they are awesome), I'd avoid em like the plauge due to the fact you'd need to track down replacement ribbons and have a stock pile to be safe.
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I could fit the Carver Amazings in my living room. But it is only 12'x 12'. Do they need a big room? Thanks. D

They need a big room to breathe, but beyond that see above as to why to pass.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    edited September 2016
    I don't know if these are a good deal or not, but seems like a relatively rare purchase opportunity. The silvers are referenced above for a tiny bit less. There are several threads on here about how hard it is to repair these if there is a problem, so caveat emptor...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/5777042882.html
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • scubalab
    If these are still available, it's a RUN don't WALK deal! Looks like a pair of RTi800's, a pair of RT25i's, a sub (can't tell model) - ALL for $75

http://nwct.craigslist.org/ele/5749893856.html
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Shuguang 6Ca7 Black Treasures -

This is a pretty solid deal on maybe the best EL-34 / 6Ca7 modern tubes you can buy today. They usually run $249 a quad for reference. Highly recommended here and other places, I have a quad in the Dodd and they are my favs so far even including some very nice NOS tubes.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/eblast/2016/se/se-tubes.html
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    DSkip wrote: »
    Rare find here - Dodd monoblocks. Exquisite pieces.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/5778945014.html

TFP/S---very tempting :o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited September 2016
    Those Dodd Monos have been on eBay as low as $2500, you could probably talk them down a bit from the CL price.

edit - still are I guess!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/dodd-audio-el84-mono-blocks-tube-amplifiers-/122099293687?hash=item1c6daf5df7:g:7~QAAOSw65FXvejb
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, the guy (or gal!) probably knows the drill on Craigslist. Everybody is going to offer less than asking price or even completely lowball it.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    TFP/S

That's a new one to me, what's it mean?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2016
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Yeah, the guy (or gal!) probably knows the drill on Craigslist. Everybody is going to offer less than asking price or even completely lowball it.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    TFP/S

That's a new one to me, what's it mean?

Thanks for posting/sharing?...IDK thought I was hip or something ;)

Just trying to keep up with you youngin's
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Anyone recognize these? Interesting design. I thought maybe JBL but not sure why.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/5799195978.html

etwnar2byfxd.jpg
  • Great deal on a Marantz Universal player UD8004 $500...No affiliation.
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/5799635137.html
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Carver Amazing Loudspeakers in Lexington, KY. No affiliation:
    http://lexington.craigslist.org/ele/5791422926.html
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Tubes. I'm not a tube guy so not sure if this belongs here, but I thought I'd pass it along...
    http://pennstate.craigslist.org/ele/5803239098.html
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Phase Linear Amp, pre and tuner for $300 but amp is "not working properly".

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/5792909126.html

Pretty looking stuff.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Carver Amazing Loudspeakers in Lexington, KY. No affiliation:
    http://lexington.craigslist.org/ele/5791422926.html

too much and from what I understand there are no more ribbon tweeters if those go bad. parts are now unobtainium