Can't play everything on HD or PC

I can not get my whole list of music to show on either my Sony BDP via a USB hard diver or a LAN, nor can I get the whole list to show via the USB on the Yamaha 1040. It is 1TB WD pa$sport that works fine when plugged into the OPPO.

Thanks

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    How do you have it formatted? NTFS, FAT32, etc.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    NTFS. It gets about halfway through the list and just will not show the rest of the music on it.
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    Does it stop on one particular file? If so there may be something wrong with that file that makes it unreadable to your device. I would try either changing the file extension from .flac to .**** or delete the file or cut and paste the file somewhere else.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    DaveHo wrote: »

I have seen some players like Fiio's portable players like their X5's have to be fat32 or the won't read them.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Some devices are limited on size of external that it will support
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    voltz wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »

I have seen some players like Fiio's portable players like their X5's have to be fat32 or the won't read them.

No need to bring Russ's old girlfriends into this. :) Good point though, and the limited size of attached devices is most likely the problem it appears. That would explain the partial lists.

If it works fine on the OPPO, why not leave it that way ? Pop the list up on the TV and use the oppo remote to pick and choose.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    Tony this is on a different system than the Oppo.

D, I will look into that do you think that the device (BDP) is limited regardless of weather it's a portable hard drive, wired LAN or WiFi?

Darryl, wouldnt the Fat32 32MB maximum volume size prohibit playing everything on a 1 gig hd?
  • afterburnt
    Got access to everything via the AVR but it is quite temperamental, it seem to work when it wants to. I would love to just get another Oppo for that room but I dont have the snaps for it. Anyone have any suggestions/solutions?
  • voltz
    afterburnt wrote: »

D, I will look into that do you think that the device (BDP) is limited regardless of weather it's a portable hard drive, wired LAN or WiFi?

Darryl, wouldnt the Fat32 32MB maximum volume size prohibit playing everything on a 1 gig hd?

I have some micro-SD cards that are 200 gig and are format as Fat 32 and work fine for my purposes. did not know there was a limited. and I'm still not sure why its not working for you. or what to check.

now if I hook anything up to my Marantz SACD DAC via USB it can won't see of play any flacs or hirez files even though it is a SACD play. EXCEPT when a Computer is hooked up via USB B and has the marantz driver loaded.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

You cannot format above 32gb using Windows Disk Management, you'll need an external program for it.
    There are several free programs that can do it for you.
    I made several for @tophatjohnny

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • My Yamaha avr reads everything I throw at beautifully..I am surprised you're not getting the result you want. I only have about 200 albums stored though.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • voltz

You cannot format above 32gb using Windows Disk Management, you'll need an external program for it.
    There are several free programs that can do it for you.
    I made several for @tophatjohnny

Thanks Dave, my SDcards were formated by the Fiio Player.