Pokemon Go

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    When I was 19 I got my first cell phone. A Motorola StarTAC flip phone. Oh yeah
    motorola-startac.jpg

We ran around looking for bars, instead of Pokemon, bars of signal that is.

heh -- our first 'mobile phone' came in a bag -- and it was all analog, baby.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    About a week or so ago, I saw a Mother and daughter being interviewed on TV. Apparently the daughter was hit by a car crossing a HIGHWAY. She was too busy looking at her phone playing this stupid game.

Now, they are suing the game's manufacturers for damages and neither would admit they did anything wrong. It was the game's fault that the 13 year old kid was hit by a car.

WTF ???
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2016
    Well we have been in San Diego two days now I've ever taken my Grandson to Mission Beach walk around Where Comic Con was being held he has been to Coranao Island , Old Town, were going deep sea fishing tomorrow he has even flirted around with a couple of beach cuties I hope his age, we are grilling up some Carne Asada hanging by the pool. He says to me I really love San Diego, I look at him and said told you would , and he says yeah I just captured a pretty rare pokey man. :s

I look at him and said really are you serious he said yep got a couple on the beach today also good grief I said.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Well better a Pokeymon than an STD
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    tonyb wrote: »
    About a week or so ago, I saw a Mother and daughter being interviewed on TV. Apparently the daughter was hit by a car crossing a HIGHWAY. She was too busy looking at her phone playing this stupid game.

Now, they are suing the game's manufacturers for damages and neither would admit they did anything wrong. It was the game's fault that the 13 year old kid was hit by a car.

WTF ???

Nothing new. Remember the parents of Columbine suing multiple companies in the video game industry for 5 billion dollars or how they blamed Marilyn Manson?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2001/apr/24/internetnews1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaming_of_Marilyn_Manson_for_the_Columbine_massacre

...or Judas Priest being sued for a suicide attempt?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/judas-priest-suicide/

...or The Beatles and Charles Manson?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-charles-manson-murders/
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    Certainly begs for some new laws on frivolous lawsuits eh ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    If any of these lawsuits win then in my eyes text messaging or internet use will also fall into these lawsuit categories

Stupid is as stupid does IMHO
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Wow, out of control.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    8idgzyhy2e0r.jpg

Saw this sign at Seaworld in the entry way warning the pokemon players, as people playing are a danger to the regular folk that don't drop a small fortune to go play that game at a amusement park. I still saw the pokemon players everywhere.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    I'll play the devil's advocate here. Its been a great way to get my young children to go on long walks without them putting up much of a fight. Sure, we hunt Pokemon for about five minutes, then the rest of the time we enjoy our walk as a family.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ^^^
    Agree with that. As much as I hated the idea at first, if done responsibly, it is a great way to get some exercise out of the kids' electronics time. Last week, my wife let our girls get the app and she did as well. I just shook my head at it. But, she laid down some VERY strict rules, and honestly, it's been pretty good. The first day, they walked nearly 5 miles each in the park by our house. They were outside, getting along, working together, and moving! They only play every now and then, and we make an effort to not let it take away from other things or become an obsession. I could see it getting out of control for some though. We're lucky to have two pretty good (responsible/obedient) kids though, and I know that they won't do some of the idiotic things that some have done. Honestly, I'm more concerned with my wife doing something stupid while playing than my kids. :o

(Thank God she doesn't have any interest in reading this forum...)
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Some judges need a couple of really hot soapy enemas...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • tonyb
    scubalab wrote: »
    ^^^
    Agree with that. As much as I hated the idea at first, if done responsibly, it is a great way to get some exercise out of the kids' electronics time. Last week, my wife let our girls get the app and she did as well. I just shook my head at it. But, she laid down some VERY strict rules, and honestly, it's been pretty good. The first day, they walked nearly 5 miles each in the park by our house. They were outside, getting along, working together, and moving! They only play every now and then, and we make an effort to not let it take away from other things or become an obsession. I could see it getting out of control for some though. We're lucky to have two pretty good (responsible/obedient) kids though, and I know that they won't do some of the idiotic things that some have done. Honestly, I'm more concerned with my wife doing something stupid while playing than my kids. :o

(Thank God she doesn't have any interest in reading this forum...)

Good for you, obviously you have a handle on it. Unfortunately many don't and use gaming as a babysitter much the same way other generations used the TV.

Gaming was around when I was a kid too....believe it or not, but we just had better things to do with our time. Being outside, without parental supervision was a key element for us. Probably why we always got in trouble too. :) You gained a lot of social skills and street smarts though, which works to your benefit as you get older. Those old skitching skills come in handy when you take up skiing or wake boarding. :)

Today, the thought of having a kid outside unsupervised is unheard of and can possibly get you a knock on the door from child services. Heck in Canada I think, a woman left her kids in her own fenced in yard unsupervised and a neighbor called authorities.

Is the world really that more unsafe than years ago, or has the internet drove that fear into us ? Who knows....but if your area is that unsafe....move. Kids need to be outside doing what kids do. I have a last resort trick to get them outside. I open the front door and whip a Hershey bar as far as I can, then lock the door behind them. Though Snickers does go further in my experiences. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    tonyb wrote: »
    I have a last resort trick to get them outside. I open the front door and whip a Hershey bar as far as I can, then lock the door behind them. Though Snickers does go further in my experiences. ;)

Meanwhile you're on the other side of the door crying like a little girl because you just threw a candy bar outside that you can't have... :p
    You're terrible.

Even though we were mostly outdoor kids, there were those random times that we wanted to be indoors watching tv or relaxing. My father would walk doorstairs and trip the breaker. Since we were young and afraid of our unfinished basement, he knew we would never go down and switch it back. Then he would say "you can either READ or go outside"...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    nbrowser wrote: »

Linky no worky

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    On the farm my two brothers and I would drive mom nuts in the house at times. I still remember when she would kick us out and lock the door behind us. We found things to do, or what we were instructed to do. A kid on a farm "always" has things to do, outside...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • txcoastal1
    edited July 2016
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Linky no worky

Vanilla issue....replace the **** after you click with the obvious, h e l l s without spaces of course. H3ll$ Angels clubhouse in Coquitlam a surprise Pokemon Go gym location

So I guess along with what you posted Ken, that Poke players shouldn't be Poke hunting in the south side of Chicago either :#

• tonyb

Linky no worky

Vanilla issue....replace the **** after you click with the obvious, h e l l s without spaces of course. H3ll$ Angels clubhouse in Coquitlam a surprise Pokemon Go gym location

So I guess along with what you posted Ken, that Poke players shouldn't be Poke hunting in the south side of Chicago either :#

Not unless they are looking for a gangsta Poke.....or a mortician Poke.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    There's a monster Poke on the TV right now. Scariest creature I've ever seen.
    .... Still there. Eyes of pure evil. Nothing but venom.

LOL....isn't there a whole stadium full of those ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I heard on the news yesterday that someone was shot and later died while trying to enter a house (through a window) where there was a "rare" Pokemon. Idiot.

Just push them to the edge of the heard.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable