Pokemon Go

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
dur0q86h1i5k.png

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Larry steps into the box.......points up to the left field wall.....low and outside.....WHAACK!!! They never found that ball after it left the stadium......
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Has to set a record for the largest snipe hunt...It will be forgotten in a couple weeks as the impressionable jump on the next bandwagon.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Has to set a record for the largest snipe hunt...It will be forgotten in a couple weeks as the impressionable jump on the next bandwagon.

back in the day taking a couple treats from the Grateful Dead shows, snipe hunts were and endless journey for at least 12 hours ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I don't understand why I'm not brilliant enough to think of these things... No wonder I do this rat race.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I don't understand why I'm not brilliant enough to think of these things... No wonder I do this rat race.

But what you do for a living far exceeds most of us here.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I heard on the news yesterday that someone was shot and later died while trying to enter a house (through a window) where there was a "rare" Pokemon. Idiot.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Saw a kid with an $800 phone wandering up and down the aisles at WalMart yesterday getting in the way of WalMart shoppers. He didn't appear to be shopping. I thought a purpose of the game was to get kids outdoors and exercising.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Isn't it funny that some consider exercise to be anything other than sitting on their rump.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Isn't it funny that some consider exercise to be anything other than sitting on their rump.

Yes, but as part of the way they are monetizing the game, vendors will be able to pay them to have Pokemon generate near/inside their facilities...

So instead of in game ad's, you will be in the actual store lol...

VERY SMART move on their part I must admit.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892

Like getting up and walking to the refrigerator?

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    xai8r2e337kn.jpg
    It rubs the Pokémon on it's skin......
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2016
    Well one thing is certain: this made "Pokemon Great Again!" lol

My daughter and her friends are all over this. Me, should have bought stock in Nintendo as soon as it came out. That's where we went WRONG Joey. It's NOT about coming up with these ideas, it's knowing when to buy, buy, buy! lol

Considering HOW many kids grew up with Pokemon it's really no different from the Star Wars phenomenon now, isn't it? Or, I dare say, our two main candidates for President kinda look like creatures from the Pokemon universe, no? Adults also flock to play mindless games they think are meaningful when they are ALL rigged.

Back to work-real work, the kind that requires conversations with the Void!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Even wild life getting into the Pokemon craze

hpgdkzdvnu5h.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2016
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I almost hit a couple kids on skateboards that blew through a red crosswalk. Can you imagine the guilt a driver is going to have to live with for the rest of their lives if they hit one of thes knuckleheads?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    I almost hit a couple kids on skateboards that blew through a red crosswalk. Can you imagine the guilt a driver is going to have to live with for the rest of their lives if they hit one of thes knuckleheads?

Hard to feel guilty for someone else's stupidity.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited July 2016
    Well, if parents wouldn't buy these kids these fancy phones it would be a "little" less of a problem. Make the little buggers work and pay for their own!! My kids were over 16 before they had any type of a cell phone and, yes, they paid for it themselves.

Funny how most of us on here never grew up with cell phones, guess we turned out alright...

As a side note I think it's utterly stupid...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited July 2016
    When I was 19 I got my first cell phone. A Motorola StarTAC flip phone. Oh yeah
    motorola-startac.jpg

We ran around looking for bars, instead of Pokemon, bars of signal that is.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    http://www.geek.com/games/two-pokemon-go-players-fall-off-a-cliff-while-two-more-are-shot-at-1662203/

The guy that invented this is a genius. I think he had a secret plan to rid the earth of all the idiots.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    I'm 77 and never did a doobie. I would have lost my clearance.. Now that I can, I
    don't know where to find any, I haven't been looking either..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    warren wrote: »
    I'm 77 and never did a doobie. I would have lost my clearance.. Now that I can, I
    don't know where to find any, I haven't been looking either..

They're on every other corner now here in WA. Don't partake myself either anymore so it does me no good...
  • F1nut
    More up your alley.

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    It's my understanding that the winner of a Tiddlywink tournament is given a real picture of a real life ... uhm ..... well ..... "winkie", something that most of these players have never seen before.
    Sal Palooza