eye candy

Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    woahhhhhh, some beautiful stuff there.
    I feel like I'm scrolling an exotic supercar thread.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    So that is how the 1% listen....lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2016
    As much as I like a dedicated room setup, I can't buy into garden hose sized RCA cabling that has to be 12 foot long for a 2 foot distance simply because the radius of the covering won't allow a sharper bend. It seems like such a price to pay on your jacks and space. I understand if the gauge of the cable requires it, as I have some power cables that prefer a straight line path, but this is beyond common sense.img2bnzjj4y1.jpg
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Cool picture ^^^ and holy garden cable hoses.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    dang
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    There's always twisted pair, 30-gauge varnish insulated magnet wire. Don't scoff if you haven't tried it ;-)

(and I promise I'll drop the subject, post-haste!)
  • Dennis Gardner
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    There's always twisted pair, 30-gauge varnish insulated magnet wire. Don't scoff if you haven't tried it ;-)

(and I promise I'll drop the subject, post-haste!)

At least those wires might allow a decent on wall placement of gear. The pic that I posted makes absolutely no sense to me for signal cabling. It doesn't add any real world application to cover it so thickly starting one foot away from the electronics. I also know that high end gear displays and "real world" don't occupy the same realm.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited July 2016

At least those wires might allow a decent on wall placement of gear. The pic that I posted makes absolutely no sense to me for signal cabling. It doesn't add any real world application to cover it so thickly starting one foot away from the electronics. I also know that high end gear displays and "real world" don't occupy the same realm.

Yes, quite. The fire-hose "interconnects" strike me as at least being on the verge of "the tail wagging the dog" as they say.

But, in the interest of full and fair disclosure, I am more of a "less is more" kind of guy when it comes to hifi.

16187794927_269abfcf2c_b.jpgDSC_0132 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Six triodes (and one HV rectifier tube) from source to stereo loudspeakers - and not much else.

(EDIT: OK, I think I've hit 'threadcr@p' now; sorry!)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's possible those cables have fine magnetic bits between the outer and inner jackets, hence the need for the large diameter outer jacket and the lack of flexibility.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dennis Gardner
    edited July 2016
    I'm all in for an understanding of the design, but just the fact that the entire rack had to be turned around backwards with the rear of the gear facing the listener makes me wonder about the foresight of the design.

d6ghi6r4oi4p.jpg
    0yooanxzjuy6.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's because they are highlighting the Zensati cables, not the gear in the rack.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk