Omni SB1+ Subwoofer Cutting Out

Guess I made the mistake of posting this as a question previously, Ken marked it as answered by stating to call customer service. Well, that's not an answer. I had already called customer service, and they suggested to make sure everything was up to date, reboot everything, and make sure I was on extreme streaming. None of it worked. So here is my original post:
Strangest thing...I signed up for Spotify Premium today, which is I thought supposed to be the most compatible music streaming service for the Omni collection, and when I started playing the songs I downloaded, the sub was cutting in and out. No other streaming services have this problem, and tv sound does not do this. Anyone ever heard of this or know what might be going on here? Doesn't make sense, and very annoying! I have an HTC One Remix (the small one) from which I am playing music. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    In the interest of accuracy, I didn't mark anything as "answered". I hope someone else can provide useful information.
  • spartan04
    spartan04 Posts: 4
    Well, the post shows as answered, sorry for any confusion. As of today, the music previously loaded via another method on my phone is now exhibiting the same characteristic of the sub cutting out, although not as bad as Spotify. I have only had this unit for a few months. Thoughts?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    While I have no personal experience with wireless devices, from what I've gathered interference between computer routers and other wireless components is the leading reason for loss of connection. The test is to temporarily turn off the router or move it to another location to see of that stops the problem.
  • I’m having the same issues...wireless subwoofer “cutting out” (No base sound) then turning itself back on. My software is up to date and the unit is very close to the WiFi router...what do i do about this...driving me crazy. ‘
    Can I wire the sub to the actual sound bar and avoid the cutting out?
  • Hello,
    The closeness of the router could be the problem from what I gather. I'll ask a friend, at Polk, to contact you via email.
  • What was the outcome of this thread in the end? Was the problem solved, as I just bought a new Polk system and I am experiencing the same problem.

I thought it may have something to do with 5.1 sound playing through a 2.1 system but that does not seem to be the cause (I changed that somewhere on Netflix’s settings).

I also swotched the tv output from Dolby Digital to PCM - it sounds less dynamic but the bass problem persists.

My final test will be to swap out the optical connection for an analogue RCA to mini jack
    connection, to see if that makes a difference.

So were there any further insights into how to address this problem? It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help, otherwise the system is going back to Best Buy.
  • Hello,
    The output from the TV should be in Dolby Digital and if you have a router fairly close to the soundbar or sub try moving it as far away as possible. From what I gather 6" can often make the difference. Let me know how you fare.