rtia9s have no midrange

Options
iam not using the crossover any more. just running them fullrange with the jumpers in and 1 amp but still no midrange in the left rtia9.

Comments

• polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    there's nothing from the mid but the tweeter and woofers are working, hmmm sounds like a wire could be loose maybe. Are these new speakers was it working before and then stopped working?
  • happyhooker
    Options
    yes the a9s are new and were working fine and then no mids.there is no distorsion or anything that would lead me to beleive that the speaker is blown which is why i thought it was the crossover.
  • polk500
    Options
    Well seeing how they are new I would give Polk Customer Service a call.
    I'm sure they will be happy to help you out.
    Just curious what are you powering the speakers with? I used to own the 9's myself and they take a fair amount of power to sound there best.
  • happyhooker
    Options
    i use a crown xls 2502.thanks for your help.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    That'll make some ears bleed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    How loud were you playing these ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • happyhooker
    Options
    i usually keep them at -20db and the green lights on the crown xls 2502 seldom move.
  • tonyb
    Options
    i usually keep them at -20db and the green lights on the crown xls 2502 seldom move.

That shouldn't be a problem at all. Hmm....I guess a call to Polk CS is in order.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • happyhooker
    Options
    thanks tonyb you seem to be very knowledgable about audio for someone how appears to be so young.lol
  • tonyb
    Options
    thanks tonyb you seem to be very knowledgable about audio for someone how appears to be so young.lol

Young ?? Brother....you really took a left turn on that one. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,659
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Young ?? Brother....you really took a left turn on that one. lol

I know, right? Didn't you room with Moses in college?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options

LOL...
    Tony's lives in Chicago, he's so old...he was at the game last time the Cubs won the World Series
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

LOL...
    Tony's lives in Chicago, he's so old...he was at the game last time the Cubs won the World Series

I heard he got a senior discount on the tickets...
  • tonyb
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

LOL...

I heard he got a senior discount on the tickets...

You guys are a blast..... :) I don't know what I said to give the OP the youthful opinion of myself. I still try and buy audio gear with S&H Green stamps but sadly nobody takes them anymore.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options
    I think he was mislead by your Avatar pic... unless you are Benjamin Buttons :-)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I like hanging out with TonyB. We get to use his senior discount at restaurants.
  • polk500
    Options
    I heard TonyB so old, he watches the History Channel to see if he is on it, he farts dust, his Social Security Number is 1, he was the first one off the Mayflower and he makes Bert Reynolds look like a punk kid...

Sorry TonyB
  • F1nut
    Options
    That's nothing, I told God what to call dirt.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    That's nothing, I told God what to call dirt.

I heard you invented wood...
  • F1nut
    Options
    That story has been twisted a bit over time. The real story is that I got wood when I saw Eve.

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    Options
    From reliable source ;) I hear Tony hasn't had wood since his 30's..... His 1930's.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Reliable source ??

My X is hardly reliable, and if you saw her you'd understand the sex part. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yo! Tony! Back in NCnk71puvboph1.jpg Bootlegged some good mid-west brews back here.
  • tonyb
    Options
    I don't often drink beer, but when I do....It's usually the lighter beers. Modelo, Corona, along those lines. The heavier Ale's don't sit well with my stomach. Heineken or Special Ex, also good.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Three of favorites, Corona, Heineken, and Modelo...have to throw Land Shark in there too.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • happyhooker
    Options
    MOLSON CANADIAN the breakfast of champions EH
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Molson Canadian is disgusting. It's like drinking moose p!ss.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    Options
    How'd we go from lack of midrange to beer ? I blame Russ.... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,507
    Options
    If you guys like those, you gotta try Sol if you haven't already.
    I'm also a lighter beer guy these days, and only good for about 2/3 of a bottle before I start calling old girlfriends, and trying to convince my friends we should all buy a house together down at the beach.
    Three of favorites, Corona, Heineken, and Modelo...have to throw Land Shark in there too.
    I don't often drink beer, but when I do....It's usually the lighter beers. Modelo, Corona, along those lines. The heavier Ale's don't sit well with my stomach. Heineken or Special Ex, also good.
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    Options
    How'd we go from lack of midrange to beer ? I blame Russ.... :)

You're spot on Tony. I think I meant to post this in another thread. Oooopsies!
    Inebriated, unintentional thread jack.

I rule!