DSW Pro 500 Flashing green light

tshagg
tshagg Posts: 21
edited March 2010 in Troubleshooting
Power light flashing green and no output, Easy fix?
Any suggestions?
Post edited by tshagg on

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure what that means on 'that' sub! But the first thing I would do is disconnect and shut down everything wait 5 minutes, and start it all up again. That includes unplugging the sub from the wall!

You've probably done that already. If that's a waste....give Polk Customer Service a call and they should be able to help you. If you are under warranty and the sub is on the fritz...they'll take care of it and you....they have Great service here. And really care about the customer.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tshagg
    edited February 2010
    Thank you for the quick reply. I have tried all that but it still doesn't work. I have sent an email to Polk support.
  • superjunior
    superjunior Posts: 1,632
    edited February 2010
    for fastest results CALL them. the # is in the top right corner of the screen
    panasonic th-50pz85u
    pioneer elite vsx-92txh
    pioneer elite bdp-05fd
    emotiva xpa-3
    monster power hdp 2550
    sa 8300 hd dvr
    sda 2b's
    fronts - rti a9's
    center - csi a6
    surrounds - fxi a6's
    sub - polk dsw pro 600
    harmony one
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2010
    for fastest results CALL them. the # is in the top right corner of the screen

+1, calling them during normal business hours is the best/fastest way to get your issue resolved. E-mails will take much longer.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • tshagg
    edited February 2010
    Thank you for all the replies. I have been in contact with them. My problem now is I cannot find my receipt for proof of purchase. Maybe I can just get a quote for repair.
  • wutadumsn23
    edited March 2010
    LOL, always a good idea to hang on to that guy. Hopefully you get it back up and running soon.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2010
    tshagg wrote: »
    Thank you for all the replies. I have been in contact with them. My problem now is I cannot find my receipt for proof of purchase. Maybe I can just get a quote for repair.

A bit too late for this advice now...but when you buy a Polk product..the first thing you should do is REGISTER it on this site...there you'll be asked the ID no. and where you purchased it, etc. And that's a good safeguard for just this kind of problem.

Good Luck...

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • wutadumsn23
    edited March 2010
    LOL, good point C. That reminds me....... lol.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• brekat
    brekat Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with the flashing green light. Tried everything but call customer assistance, but was hoping someone out there has had this problem fixed.
  • opticron
    opticron Posts: 3
    I found a sub a local pawn shop with this same problem (DSW Pro 500). Since there was obviously no warranty, I popped it open and it appears that a high-voltage zener diode has failed (Part number P6KE180A). More interesting is that the datasheet says typical failure mode is short and I can replicate the failure by shorting the zener while it's still operational (it operates for about 2 minutes after cooling off for a long time). A replacement diode can be had for $0.60 plus shipping at digikey. I'll update here if replacing it fixes the sub.
  • opticron
    opticron Posts: 3
    The overheating of the diode was just a symptom of the problem. I'm going to keep digging for the root cause and will report back if I find it.
  • So, final update: I sent the amp in for repairs and was given a bit of run-around about buying a whole new amp when the tech originally said it could probably be repaired over the phone. When I finally talked to someone, they said it was completely trashed and couldn't be repaired (I'm still not sure if I believe this given that it worked for upwards of 2 minutes on cold starts). I'm buying a non-OEM plate amp to get my sub up and running again since it's $200+tax+shipping for a replacement OEM amp.
  • gw936
    gw936 Posts: 4
    I have the exact same problem. My DSW Pro was completely dead, opened it up and saw the P6KE180A looked burnt. Replaced the P6KE180A and the sub worked great for about a month. Now my power LED light is blink with no output.

I was also quoted $200!!! Crazy when a new version of the sub is for sale on Amazon for $150! I've seen a number of people with the same problem. Pretty frustrating that Polk is trying to take advantage of customers that supported their product.

opticron, where did you find a "non-OEM plate amp"? Thanks for your help!