Deadpool

Went to see this today and loved it! So funny and very bada**!!! From the time the opening credits started (pay attention to those) till the screen went black (post credits scenes), it was just hilarious. Oh, pay attention to the end credits animation as well. Total laugh riot! The action and fight sequences were great as well.

It's a must see...but not with the kids. If bad language offends you, then avoid it also.
No excuses!

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2016
    Saw it with my wife. LOVED IT!

HATED SEEING SMALL CHILDREN THERE. We had people behind us with what looked like a 6 and 8 year old kids w em. 3/4 of the movie they had their eyes and ears covered.....

This is NOT your normal superhero movie lol...

But to each his own...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Me and the wife just seen it funny as heck.

Cheers
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158

HATED SEEING SMALL CHILDREN THERE. We had people behind us with what looked like a 6 and 8 year old kids w em. 3/4 of the movie they had their eyes and ears covered.....

But to each his own...

This is rated R. I thought that meet "Restricted". Anyways, I can't wait to see this next weekend!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    gce wrote: »

But to each his own...

This is rated R. I thought that meet "Restricted". Anyways, I can't wait to see this next weekend!

So did we... Yeah not the case if you go with your parents...

For R-Rated Films: Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian (age 21 or older) and 25 years and under must show ID. And children under the age of 6 are not allowed after 6:00pm.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    The top grossing R rated film of all time, yeah, I gotta go check this out.

I saw the trailers and thought, no way, looks cheesy. But, the more trailers I watched and with the reviews, I'm gonna have to check it out.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    In my Top 3 of comic book movies. Outstanding film, very funny!
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Saw this too, while I liked it, I think they went way over the top. Do not bring your kids to see this movie, period. I also think Stan Lee did himself a disservice with this movie.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    A completely irreverent and long overdue jab at superhero movies, and all of their tired clichés. I found the film original, energetic, and just plain fun.

Ryan Reynolds has redeemed himself for his performance (Though not entirely his fault) in Green Lantern.

We need more superhero movies like this - Total breath of fresh air!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Watching the Blu Ray....Awesome...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    It was GREAT....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    It was OK buy definitely not my favorite of the genre. Ryan Reynolds can be extremely annoying to watch at times but I guess this part was definitely made for him.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    It's Van Wilder as a Superhero. I was cracking up through the whole movie. Yes, he can be annoying, but no one else could pull that off.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Well there's always one right? I am glad I rented as I want my hour and a half back.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I'm glad they took the "kid" out of a Marvel movie for once.
    Just like them making the Wolverine Movie PG-13......really.....
    The X-men universe isn't rainbows and unicorns. People die...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited May 2016
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I'm glad they took the "kid" out of a Marvel movie for once.
    Just like them making the Wolverine Movie PG-13......really.....
    The X-men universe isn't rainbows and unicorns. People die...

There are actually a few of the Marvel and DC Comics genre that are rated "R". Others I really liked that didn't really get the reviews this movie did were "The Punisher War Zone" and "Watchmen".

I'm just not a big fan of Ryan Reynolds in his jabberjaws roles where he pretty-much plays the same annoying character in all of them (which I think is probably a lot like he is in real life). He was basically the exact same sarcastic-corny wise-azz way back in "Blade Trinity" except I thought he was a little better (and a little less-annoying) then.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well there's always one right? I am glad I rented as I want my hour and a half back.
    You need humor therapy Ivan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBiHysKnvGs

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • soulsurfer
    soulsurfer Posts: 22
    I saw it at the theaters and loved it :D
    My wife on the other hand hated it - she has no sense of humor lol
    Carver TX-11b - Carver 4000t - Carver TFM45 x2 - Polk SDA SRS 2 (094 tweets) - RSL CG 8^2 (Howard's XO upgrade + driver upgrade = 350w rms and amazeball toanz)
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    It is one of my favorite superhero action movies of all time.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Love me some stooges
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I have said for years that the test given to people seeking American citizenship should include questions on the Three Stooges. Who cares who was the first President? More importantly, who said "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk"? :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.