lone star audio fest 2016

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    9c28im6roraw.jpeg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    Closing it out. LSAF 2016
    Great friends great music by Voltz, keeping it simple and fun

8fsvc8xo2136.jpeg
    odmxd0a9i0dx.jpeg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    b00dowlwj1sy.jpeg
    Ugly as sin but loving music and having a great time

• txcoastal1
    aemsfdth92vb.jpeg
    6fk90droc3uy.jpeg
    rpsh56plmpa1.jpeg

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Who all are we looking at?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The one with the basketball size head and Charlie Chan mustache is Russman. I don't know the rest of those ugly mugs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    LOL.....Russman is sporting that John Belushi look from Animal House.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Did the strippers dance on the cooler?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2016
    That is Ron on the Left and I'm in the middle, and Russman on the right!.

At the end of the night Sunday I stopped next door to see Jim's full range and a another oldr from lSAF Paul showed up and grabbed a man John and Norma I sent a Text Message telling Ron & Russman to get over here then 2 more show up and ron was just saying alll that is miss that was still there a the hotel was Dave from Raven audio and our own @helipilotdoug and just then they walked in after hearing all the noise :p

then we switched to Ron ron to hear Ron & Russmans new speaker with Raven Audio integrated Tube amp and I finnaly got to to bed at 3:00am and woke up and 7:30 am with one he$$ of a headache but it was worth it ;)

we ended up in my room cause i had a few beers left, then Ron brought the rest and the party was on and topped it with some 110 proof Maker's Mark.

also Russman was the DJ all night.. he keep us Rocking!!
    Post edited by voltz on
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    edited May 2016
    Also I got to meet Lightman & Linda! Good people I glad I got to meet and talk with and hang out a little with. Spent some time room hopping with Russ and I went outside late that one night with him, so he could smoke and we spent a long time out there just talking about everything, think I got to be around 2-2:30 am that night.

@dkfreebird came up and I got to meet & hang out with Dennis for awhile, I went with him as he went around checking out all the room and stuff! Me him & Marvin went to the Ten-50 BBQ and it was excellent! Dennis is great and was a blast to hang out with.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• voltz
    edited May 2016
    DSkip wrote: »
    Glad you guys had a blast Sunday night. Wish I could say I wish I was there, but I went home and slept for 13 hours straight... And I had to be woken up at that.

I really had a lot of fun and it was great to see the fellas again.

Ps - it ain't a party until the fire alarm gets tripped... The party started before I left.

I wonder if Danny every got some sleep? I imagine he did the same when we got home.

• voltz
    Was great Hanging out with Skip, Ron, Russman, Marvin, Halen, Danny, Doug again and seeing meeting Russ & Dennis for the 1st time. Great stuff, I enjoyed Skip's Rosso though the room made it tough on him to dial them all the way (my ears still find them excellent to listen too)

Ron's C4's are a must see, they are something special and he knows he going to be supper happy with them and those Amplifiers were beast's.

When Russman played some Beatles on their new speakers for me they were stunning!

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Yep. A good time all around. Saw and heard some great gear and met some more Polkies. Good to meet Ron, Darryl, Marvin, Danny ,Dennis Skip, Halen,Doug and several more. Good to see Russman again after all these years.
    Their speakers are a top notch set. Lots of labor and research have paid off. Watch out for these sets on the market. You WILL NOT be disappointed!
    I made the mistake if taking Linda into the Raven Audio/Legacy speakers room. I will be selling blood and anything else that isn't nailed down. Showed her the JMW Speakers as well. I will be working two or three jobs. Audio is subjective but with a few libations, we all concurred on everything ;)
    Thanks for the great hospitality and good times folks.
    Hope to see you all again soon.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    JMW is sexy looking as is the Raven stuff....

I'd be selling a kidney or two if I could... Maybe even one of yours @lightman1

Heheh
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

Heheh

You won't get much for them, Dan. High mileage, road rash. Wear and tear. Scrap value maybe.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

Heheh

His kidneys are useles.. You should know that...
  • EndersShadow

Heheh

His kidneys are useles.. You should know that...

Well I KNEW his liver was shot, and since he doesn't have a heart the kidneys were all that's left.....

Teheheheheheheheh.......

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2016
    This picture is just SCREAMING for some captions :smile:

Russman: I see you drink beer..... are you not a man? Whiskey is for men!

Dsc_0019.jpg

As is this one, Ron looks like he REALLY cant believe something someone just said :smile:

Wait..... next year your outlawing liquor?

Dsc_0025.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    They caught me with that
    Full Metal Jacket look

• voltz
    edited May 2016
    6mxb78uuuvpn.jpg
    hp9v14iasx4q.jpg
    cygj4dqqq6iw.jpg
    one of those was a repeat.

• voltz
    @helipilotdoug is on the far right of couch closes to lamp next to Dave from Raven audio.xrallnduvusd.jpg
    rpt.jpg 86.3K

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited May 2016
    Ah, finally some names and descriptions. I was getting tired of looking at pictures of a bunch of dudes sitting around in hotel rooms, drinking and admiring each others' wood.
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    edited May 2016
    my top pic is Ron & Russman,

the bottom are not Polkies but Regulars from the LSAF:
    Jim Harrell in orange sell full range crossover less speakers
    Dave from Raven Audio in green
    next is Mike who sells open baffle speakers he makes from Danny Richie's designs
    Norman I forgot what he makes and sells,
    then Josh in white shirt who used to be in Hawaii for JWM audio

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Good lord, did you guys stop drinking to sleep? ;)

Dskips room

Dsc_0045.jpg

Are these the Threshold amps I think they are?

Dsc_0138.jpg

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • voltz
    Yes they are and they use to be Mathew Polk's B)

• voltz
    here a simple set up I had in my room
    Omega super 7's MKII full range speakers
    Marantz SACD
    Dared SL-2000A preamp
    Dared VP-300B 9-wpc Mono-blocksvx9mlq4fra9j.jpg
    rpu.jpg 62.2K