Most BEAUTIFUL looking speakers you have ever seen.

Comments

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    For some reason these are the one I like. I guess I did audition them when I a was a broke teenager and fell in love with them. Still looking for them.

Sony SS-M9

6ktjtffv1pdq.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    On the other hand....

Westminster GR

b5ai8ooostmm.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    On the other hand....

Westminster GR

b5ai8ooostmm.jpg

I can appreciate those tannoys

Although I like the Kingdom Royale in carbon fiber too
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Joey_V wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    tm5rymy3wy1w.jpeg
    4q44yepbto0e.jpeg

Be still my heart

Listened to and took these personally today :wink:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• My votes for the best looking speakers does tend to follow the form follows function approach, but also happen to be the best looking speakers i've ever seen..

+ 1 on the Infinity IRS-V's. When I saw and heard this speaker system back in 1991 I was stunned how beautiful they looked and blown away by how they sounded!

idnrsddhhlpm.jpg

Back to the future...the carbon fiber Genesis Dragons..

ileh4vosyyps.jpg

Tidal Contriva G2 in beautiful polished Rosewood..

ato7cphm3suz.jpg

Restored Apogee Duetta Signatures..

3832mcpz4gbl.jpg

xwgl11exjjhp.jpg

Avalon Isis..

3urdxlaut3bx.jpg

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2015
    Bodhi wrote: »

OMG, don't know how they sound....but give me a set of those and an upscale dedicated space and I'm done for life in terms of aesthetics. Those are amazingly beautiful. I guess they are about $60K? Lottery speaker! I like the Ebony

DSC_8158-l.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I will confess to some admiration for the Avalon loudspeakers I've seen and heard in person -- but they are right on the edge of that "Empire of Evil"/latter-day Dalek look of incipient menace that has recently been fashionable in many facets of industrial design (e.g., the black-on-black sports cars & pickup trucks that look to me like refugees from a bad Transformers movie remake).
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V wrote: »
    tm5rymy3wy1w.jpeg
    4q44yepbto0e.jpeg

Be still my heart

Listened to and took these personally today :wink:

Took them home??
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I will confess to some admiration for the Avalon loudspeakers I've seen and heard in person -- but they are right on the edge of that "Empire of Evil"/latter-day Dalek look of incipient menace that has recently been fashionable in many facets of industrial design (e.g., the black-on-black sports cars & pickup trucks that look to me like refugees from a bad Transformers movie remake).

Heck yeah.... I remember seeing pics of the Avalon Sentinel... and I was intimidated just by the looks.
  • Joey_V
    WLDock wrote: »
    Bodhi wrote: »

OMG, don't know how they sound....but give me a set of those and an upscale dedicated space and I'm done for life in terms of aesthetics. Those are amazingly beautiful. I guess they are about $60K? Lottery speaker! I like the Ebony

DSC_8158-l.jpg

Biting the back side of my hand... dang!!!
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2015
    marten_coltrane_3_new_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_.jpg

Oh man... take it away Coltrane 3... take it away! Dang my ears and eyes would be in heaven.
  • Joey_V wrote: »

Oh man... take it away Coltrane 3... take it away! Dang my ears and eyes would be in heaven.
    Yeah the Coltrane 3's do look gorgeous, though fyi the reason they use black lacquer over the carbon cabinet is because their workmanship with carbon fiber is not at the same standard as Wilson Benesch or Genesis who just use clear coat to show off the carbon material. For that wallop, Magico and Tidal both offer better VFM imho.

• Since I never and mean never saw any of those uber high end speakers ,I'm going w/ the ones I did see but did not hear. Von Schweikerts at I think !18k.

http://www.vonschweikertaudio.com/#!vr-9se-mkii/c309
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited December 2015
    How is it that no one has posted the ACAPELLA's in this thread??

They are some of the most amazing speakers I have ever heard..

I'm at work so I can't post pics, I will tonight if I remember.. LOL!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Show stoppers B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • iskandam
    iskandam Posts: 704
    I think they're also my favorite looking, but certainly the speaker that had the most impact on me when I first saw it in person was the B&W Nautilus.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speakers/Home_Audio/Nautilus
    vq97m91fqmil.jpeg
    They're quite striking to see in person. My boss owns a pair, but I didn't get to hear them.

I've always been partial to the look and sound of the MBL 101kzn28ndxo1qk.jpg

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Pretty is as pretty does. They got me off of the speaker merry-go-round, so they get my vote:

6zjkqhla5xlq.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    DSkip wrote: »
    I've come to appreciate the nostalgic undertone of the Harbeth construction. Now I just need to get my ears on them.

Not much bottom-end, but the treble and midrange is magical.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • DozerCSX
    DozerCSX Posts: 22
    edited March 2016
    A brilliant piece of art for your living room - the Teresonic Ingenium. Single Lowther 8 inch drive, in a magnificent housing... and every inch of six feet tall! My old boss left to start this company, and they sound as good as they look.
    klwtq569tbgq.jpg
    HT1: Polk Monitor 7C's L/R, Polk CS400i center (bi-wire)
    Sides: Polk RT10+, modified with Vifa 1" polymer dome tweeters
    Rears: Polk VX300i surround speakers
    Subwoofer: Pioneer PSW-8mk2
    Receiver: Denon HD-750H 7.1

HT2: Polk CS175i+ L/Rs with Vifa 1" polymer dome tweeter
    Center: Polk CS300
    Sub: modified Polk PSW10 (ratcage fix)
    Surrounds: CSW cubes sides, rears
    Panasonic SA-XR57
  • polkfan38
    polkfan38 Posts: 360
    cnh wrote: »
    Those look like they can be "weaponized", lol

Pretty sweet, but I guarantee that most wives would look at those and ask you if "you've lost your mind bringing those monsters into MY living room!"

Exterminate! Exterminate!
    Things are more like they are now than they ever will be!
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    I had the plastc bucket ones (Hood 5 gallon cottage cheese buckets) as a kid, hooked up to my Sears phonograph (with the 1lb. tonearm).
    What can I say, I got the buckets for free.
  • willwilly
    willwilly Posts: 185
    voltz wrote: »
    The Usher Mini-X's with the matching stands that Skip sold Mikey...pure artwork!

but here is one for ya!
    cn0doa4c75tw.jpg
    Wow. That's something... luv the veneers!
    Will I am
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    edited March 2016
    Back in the 70's my friend and I made a pair of speakers out of one of these cardboard storage drums and two 6.5" pilfurred Panasonic Thruster full range drivers.
    We cut a hole into the bottom of the drum for the driver to set into and faced the speakers toward the ceiling, which left the underside open.
    That's where we hid his bong.
    One day his dad came up into the attic unannounced while we were right in the middle of a bongfest, so we secreted the still smoking pipe into it's hiding place.
    While he was lecturing us about something or other, he noticed that there was a faint wisp of smoke wafting from the top of the drum.
    We told him that we had just blown the speaker from playing it too loud. (heh heh)

aww2tmt1pxnx.jpg

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    German Physiks Emperor MKiirc5kyd503sdy.jpg
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited April 2016
    I really like the simple look of the B&W Diamond 803 in any of the wood finishes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMZprHiraW0

B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    DSkip wrote: »
    I guess I should add to the list the most beautiful ones I have owned. These aren't mine. Not even the same color, but the picture is awesome.

bkHIfdcl.jpg

They look like they're moving!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10