Vincent Audio SA 31

Options
ROHfan
ROHfan Posts: 1,014
I'm racking my brain to decide between the Parasound 2100 and the Vincent. I love the idea of a tubed pre, but I also love the idea of integrated sub with crossovers plus the remote. Can anyone shed any light that may help my decision?
TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    @voltz can, he's the man

I disabled signatures.
  • ROHfan
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    @voltz can, he's the man

He was no help, whatsoever. He actually made it worse.

Just kiddin', already chatting with him. :)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Absolutely love my Vincent Preamp I took Daryls advice glad I did.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I think I did make it a tougher choice for Bill, The Vincent preamp has great sound but no DAC no Phono amp etc... for me it was perfect! but....
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • msg
    Options
    ROHfan wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    @voltz can, he's the man
    He was no help, whatsoever. He actually made it worse.
    you're right. strike that.

crap. too late.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ROHfan
    Options
    Ok, I went with the Vincent. It should arrive Friday. It was seriously between that and the 2100 and if I don't like the Vincent I can exchange it for the 2100 within 30 days. This was a bit of a leap of faith for me, but a few members had very good things to say about it. In the end, if I exchange it I know the Parasound will not disappoint.
  • cvc
    cvc Posts: 65
    Options
    For what it's worth, I purchased a Vincent PHO 8 phono preamp and it sounds great.. You may need one sometime or their
    tube preamp..
  • msg
    Options
    +1 on the PHO-8.
    this was the Vincent gateway for me. such a sweet little phono pre.
    again, that @voltz Vincent pusher character... "c'mon, just one little phono pre... all the cool kids are doing it. you do want to be cool, don't you?"
    I disabled signatures.
  • ROHfan
    Options
    Got the Vincent pre last night and did some listening. It still has to burn in but right from the beginning it was obvious that this pre was something special. Previously I was using the Teac DAC which has a built-in pre and let me tell you the differences were not subtle. My son and I listened to it for about an hour and all I can say is this is the best my system has ever sounded. I may very well have found the sound I've been chasing for the last few years. After I have some time with it I'll go into more details but, needless to say, I am one happy camper right now.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Cool man. I know some dig using a dac as a pre, but a separate pre....a decent one anyway, adds another dimension to the sound. Glad it's curling your toes, enjoy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ROHfan
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Cool man. I know some dig using a dac as a pre, but a separate pre....a decent one anyway, adds another dimension to the sound. Glad it's curling your toes, enjoy.

The Teac DAC by itself sounded good, but the Vincent is like a whole other level. I highly recommend that piece of equipment. Even my wife heard a difference.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    [/quote]

The Teac DAC by itself sounded good, but the Vincent is like a whole other level. I highly recommend that piece of equipment. Even my wife heard a difference.[/quote]

Ooh Ooh!! "Even my wife heard a difference", that's all it takes for our better halves. Once my wife could tell a difference it was MUCH easier to spend money on toys!!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Hey Bill

Glad to hear it B) that is just how I felt when I first got mine, I was so happy with later on I bought the Vincent Amplifier to go with it and then the phono amp .

Rock on!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ROHfan
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    Hey Bill

Glad to hear it B) that is just how I felt when I first got mine, I was so happy with later on I bought the Vincent Amplifier to go with it and then the phono amp .

Rock on!

It sounds so good that I haven't looked at gear in three days. In fact, I'm hard pressed to find anything to upgrade at this point. I may send out the Parasound amp and have it re-capped and checked out. Otherwise, the 2ch rig sounds damn near perfect.