in-ceiling speaker installation advice

I'm installing a set of polk 900rt and i have a question in regards to proximity of the speaker itself to power lines. At the moment optimal placement of speaker would put it within less than a foot away. I could move to the other side of 2x6 (see image) but this puts me within less than 2'ft of the wall unit (not wall itself) in the room below.
dpqanwx2f1l3.jpg

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Usually being within 8" or 10" of an AC line isn't a problem with in-ceiling speakers. It would only be if they were directly beside the power wires.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Shouldn't have any effect on the speaker. That old fabric wrapped wire is pretty thick.
    On the other hand..... Have fun cutting that plaster/mesh ceiling! Much patience and a diamond tipped cuting blade.
  • red_03_rr
    red_03_rr Posts: 4
    @lightman1 & @KennethSwauger thanks for the info. After mounting the speakers one of them would have been within about 3-4 inches from the circuit board on the back of my 90rt. To play it safe I re-routed the electrical cable in to the next joist bay (16") away from the speaker.

btw Rotozip cut thru the plaster/mesh with no problem, used a better bit than the standard one they provide and the hole cutting attachment for it. Probably not as quick as cutting drywall, but the cuts are nice and clean.

appreciate the responses
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Well done, I'm glad the information was helpful. Enjoy your Polks!