Dared SL 2000 Tube Pre Amp FS

Options
It is time to make the next move up the ladder ( much to the chagrin of my wife B) ). I bought this pre amp new approx 2 years ago. I have used it with a ss Adcom GFA 555 with SDA 1c's and with RTA 12b's. It is a great entry into tubes, especially mated with a ss amp. It will come with the original box, remote,manual, the original rectifier tube and the 2 original 12AT7 tubes. I will also include a Brimar 5Z4G rectifier tube, a nos Tung Sol 5Y3 tube and 2 nos GE 12AT7 / 6201 tubes. This should give you a chance to roll some tubes. It is in great condition. I would rate it 9 out of 10........mainly because it is used. I will split the shipping. Price is $400. Paypal gift. 1zqof7of30m7.jpg
s75maz7pwcw4.jpg
2i3vi10kg8j6.jpg
dwozc9aa6wkc.jpg
qcyljgiqpb2h.jpg

Comments

• ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Damn, I hate you. Wifey strung me up by my Buster Browns after I told her I bought a TT. This would not bode well, and Wifey will not abide.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    That's a beautiful piece of equipment at a very good price. GLWS!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    C'mon, people. If you have never tried tubes or have just tried a tube buffer you owe it to yourself to try this. This thing performs well above its price and it has a REMOTE! This will not disappoint.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    @halo ever find your preamp w/remote to pair with your McCormack?
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• halo
    edited April 2016
    Options
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Funny you should ask as it was just delivered yesterday via FedEx. I purchased a pre-owned Jolida Fusion tube preamp. I got a lot of advice from some of the fine folks on the forum about it. I'm going to get it connected today and give it a whirl.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Good luck with the sale!

Nice, nice pre amp. I still regret ever letting mine go...
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    I love mine. That's a screaming deal - especially with the Brimar rectifier. Somebody grab this!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    Funny you should ask as it was just delivered yesterday via FedEx. I purchased a pre-owned Jolida Fusion tube preamp. I got a lot of advice from some of the fine folks on the forum about it. I'm going to get it connected today and give it a whirl.

Victor, I know you sent me a FB message and I forgot to respond. But if you need some tube advice and maybe even a few tubes to roll we will talk.

Get it hooked up and enjoy!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • halo
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Victor, I know you sent me a FB message and I forgot to respond. But if you need some tube advice and maybe even a few tubes to roll we will talk.

Get it hooked up and enjoy!

H9

Thanks!

I got it hooked up last night and listened to the DSOM SACD on the Pioneer. Today I was playing the disc on the Pioneer and the FLAC on the PC through the OriGen DAC and it is very difficult to separate the two. If, I say if, you twisted my arm to compare them, the Pioneer might, I say might, have a slightly, I say slightly, wider soundstage.

I haven't plugged in the SB3 yet but the PC sounded better the last time I switched between the two.

I am very surprised at how much sound it is producing at such a low mark on the volume/gain dial. In my opinion, it's barely even on.

Thanks again Brock! I'm happy to have a decent 2-channel set up going again :)

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Weekend Bump! Someone must have a wife who"s birthday is coming up. This would make a nice gift for her. :D
  • Faustin
    Options
    Bump. $400 shipped!
  • Lula
    Lula Posts: 2
    Options
    Do you have the remote?
  • Lula
    Lula Posts: 2
    Options
    Oops...I see you did list the remote, but no pic....is it the wooden version or the "car key" version?
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Hard to believe this is still available. I have owned both this model and its bigger brother and they are both outstanding performers at their price point. This is a great intro to a quality tube pre with remote, along with upgraded tubes for not a lot of coin.
  • Faustin
    Options
    The remote is the wooden version.
  • WagnerRC
    Options
  • Faustin
    Options
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    sending payment
  • WagnerRC
    Options
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Congrats!!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Faustin
    Options
    Sold!! Paid for!! Shipped!! My tubes are all gone! Got to get more tubes!! My wife keeps looking at me funny..........but I don't care! Enjoy the Dared Bob.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is this replacing a preamp you currently have, Bob, or is it for a second system?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    I've never owned a preamp. This is for playing around with.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    That looks like a super sweet little unit you got Bob! Great way to get into tubes, congrats. :)
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Will probably open a whole new window to toss more cash out. Oh well. hehe
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Yep, here is the matching Mono-blocks for them. The Dared VP-300B's and they are 9 wpc. I took them to LSAF with me and set them up with the Omega super 7's that were about 95 dbl efficient.jquvun6hzkd4.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Welcome to the tube rabbit hole. In this hole you will search for tubes with phone or tablet under the covers until very late. When small packages arrive, you tell your significant other they are light bulbs, and try not to act to excited as you casually but swiftly walk to your system to roll them in... It is a very deep hole your about to be in.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Faustin
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ This
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Bruce this is one sweet piece I have here. Thank you very much for the sale. Great transaction as always on the forums. Thank you