Comments

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Glad it arrived safely. Fire that baby up and let us know your thoughts
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Would anyone have a manual for the unit or know where I could find a download? I've checked obvious places with no luck. Thanks
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have one, I try and get the scanner going...been awhile..

Does not really say much, just the normal talk and warnings.

I sent you a pm with grey-scale photos.
    Post edited by voltz on
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Have a great day.
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    oh boy got this puppy hooked up to my M6si. I may have opened a can of worms here. This is very impressive I must say.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    oh boy got this puppy hooked up to my M6si. I may have opened a can of worms here. This is very impressive I must say.

Awesome to hear. Pretty sweet isn't it?

What tubes ya got in there now?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Looks like 12at 7 and 5z4gy
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    just found a Brimar, time to swap it in
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    Options
    ^^^^Good plan!^^^^
  • Faustin
    Options
    Hey Bob. I packed the manual with the pre. I forgot to put it in the original box, so I put it in the outer box. It was in a zip lock bag.
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    found it, Thanks.
  • Faustin
    Options
    Good deal. Glad you found the manual. I started to panic when I saw your post and thought that you may have accidentally pitched it. That Brimar should do you good. Probably will not get much better than that. Try the 5Y3 as well for comparison. The 12AT7's will be fun to roll. Try the ones I sent you and then maybe if you can find some black plate RCA's, Mullards, even some Sylvania's, and?? Have fun and enjoy!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Holland made Amperex is where it's at for your 12AT7 slots.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    And some Telefunken 5965's
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Love the tele's, also the Siemens are fantastic as well. Loved my little dared. Had it with a Parasound HCA 1200 and they were a match made in heaven. Congrats and enjoy!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Also Snow sent me some Amperex 7062's. I hadn't heard of them before but they sound great so what little research I've done I found comments like -> once you heard the Amperex 7062 you may never use 12AT7 again B)

The are long bottle looking tubes.
    a1lptzh6tlg7.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    pittdogg this is the other unit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    Many times the longer plate tubes in the Dared are microphonic. Not every pair, but several. I did tame some of the offensive long plates like the Tele 5965 and Amperex 7602 with Herbie tube dampers.

I also used the Pangea Pico sorbethane feet on the Dared to cut the vibration going to the unit. Both helped cut the microphonic tubes. There's just too much gain.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!