Dumb things we did or forgot to do

Options
2»

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    A gal I worked with said her sister lost her phone in the house somewhere , so her husband hands her his phone to call it. So she does

The phone in her pocket starts ringing....so she answers it Hello? Hello? then yells I hate it when people call me and want say anything...Her Husband is like you realize you just called yourself?

Anyways her whole family has never let her live it down! (I have no idea if she is a blonde or not) but I bet $$$ she was ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I let my pregnant wife walk around for 2 hours with a toddlers velcro shoe stuck to the sweater she was wearing. I had to give it up because I let her spend 10 minutes looking for it so we could leave the house.

Ever walk out of the house, ready for work with your slippers on? Every do the prior and actually get in your car? Ever do the priors, start your car, and pull out of the driveway? Every do the priors and drive all the way to work? Every do the priors and realize you had slippers on and spent the next 8 hours avoiding everyone praying nobody notices?..............me neither :neutral:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    I let my wife borrow my pickup once and when she came home I noticed a green paint mark down the bed about a foot long. I gave her a lot of crap for hitting something with my pick up all though could not recall bumping anything. I said look at that green paint you probably rubbed up against one of those green poles at the bank you work at. She agreed that she probably did and didn't realize it and apologized. I continued to give grief over the next few days. Until we were at a friend's house having a few drinks and when leaving he shouts from the porch, "hey don't run into my neighbors mailbox again"..."what are talking about" I said. ...."That green one right there, you ran it over last time you were here"....ahh hell.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I was watching Netflix and wanted to lower the volume. Grabbed the remote, a Sony universal, and pushed the down side of the button. No effect. Pushed it again. No effect. Made sure I had the button for the receiver pushed, still no effect. Cursed. Got the manual out and started to re-set the code, when I realized I was pushing the channel button not the volume. Did that two or three times in the last year.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Years ago when my daughter was like 2 (now 20), she was playing with my hair and put in a bunch of barrettes. Time progressed and needed to make a run to the store, totally forgetting about my recently adorned locks. Couldn't for the life of me figure out the pointing and snickers in the check-out line, until I got home and looked in the mirror....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Years ago when my daughter was like 2 (now 20), she was playing with my hair and put in a bunch of barrettes. Time progressed and needed to make a run to the store, totally forgetting about my recently adorned locks. Couldn't for the life of me figure out the pointing and snickers in the check-out line, until I got home and looked in the mirror....

Classic....funny too. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    I tend to misplace my glasses all the time and searching for glasses without glasses is a big PITA. Yes my vision is that bad.
    When I work on my cars, I have been greeted with leftover bolts/parts which I have no idea where it came from. I have to tear down everything and look where they came from.

This happened to my friend, but I was in the truck. I was helping him move. He is so used to driving to work that he drove the Uhaul full of his stuff to work on a Saturday. I hadn't seen his new place so when he took the exit off the interstate I thought he moved close to his workplace, so didn't say anything. Once we reached his workplace, we both laughed our asses out.

Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • tonyb
    Options
    Trust certain relatives....that's dumb, especially when you know ahead of time not to.

Stopped by a jobsite one afternoon because I knew my cousin was working there and wanted to say hi. Parked the car, get out, walk around asking, "Where's Ralph ?". This went on for about 10 min. and I was about to leave until I found him. Chatted for a few minutes and then left, all the time wondering why my cousin was smiling. He's normally a happy guy, just seemed excessive.

Cruisin' down the road on my way home, windows rolled up, tunes going, hit a stop light. Lady next to me is motioning for me to roll down the window.

Hey Buddy, do you know you have a dead animal on the back of your car ?
    Yeah right...I thought to myself and continued on. Listening to tunes, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Just stopped to talk to my cousin, the MF'er had a sheet eatin' grin on his face.....wtf. Stopped the car in a lot, get out....sure as sheet, he tied a dead raccoon onto my bumper and threw it under the car so I wouldn't see it.

Here in Illinois, you'd get in big trouble for that because they assume the animal was alive prior.

Next time I worked with the ****, I crapped in his lunch box.....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Forgot to stop at the stop sign yesterday. I even had the nerve to get pissed off at the car honking at me.

I just shopped, I was hungry, I wasn't thinking clearly. I think my girl friend was rambling on about something as well.

Felt kind of embarrassed for being one of those idiots on the road I curse everyday.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    Options
    Just this morning, go to make coffee, grind up the beans, scoop out the ground coffee and throw it directly in the cup. WTF am I doing ? It's not Sanka !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Just this morning, go to make coffee, grind up the beans, scoop out the ground coffee and throw it directly in the cup. WTF am I doing ? It's not Sanka !!

That is both laugh-out-loud funny and kind of sad, sir!
    I am empathetic, though, believe you me.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Same here, Mark. Empathy for a forgetful old geezer or point and laugh.
    Double espresso please Tony. Hold the hemlock.
    Thanks and good morning.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Back atcha Russ, old geezers is subjective. You've certainly pulled a few yourself pal. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Years ago I was outside working on my car stereo. Mom yells out the door that Susan is on the phone(she was a hot blonde that I had the hots for but she never really showed any interest). She wants to know if I want to come over as her parents were out for the day....dang! Washed up real quick and hopped in the car to go to the next town over...all the while people are flashing their lights or honking their horn and I'm thinking are they as excited a I am? Get to her house, hop out of he car and there is my stereo head unit sitting on the roof.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Dated twins once, that was a stereo head unit I tell ya.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Travis comes out swingin'!
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    Dated twins once, that was a stereo head unit I tell ya.

Where's my money?
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    I tried bleeding my brakes using the clutch petal. :#
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    Options
    In the late 1970's I took the PAF Humbucking pickups out of a very nice sunburst 1957 Gibson ES-350TD archtop guitar and put them, along with a Floyd Rose locking tremolo, in a 1962 three color sunburst Fender Stratocaster. That is, of course, after I sanded off the sunburst finish and painted the Strat body metal flake maroon. I believe the strat pickups were later thrown in the thrash. The Gibson was then sold for a paltry $50. It just wasn't rock n' roll enough for me. That's pretty stupid, isn't it?
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »

I have a Keurig coffee maker, and I can't count how many times I have gone to make a cup 'o joe and I hit the start button, only to realize afterward that I forgot to put a darn mug on the platform. What a mess that makes... :p

See what looking at dirty pics all day does to your brain ? Blame the women I say.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    Options
    Once a week I go to lunch with an old friend.
    We decided to meet at a local bar/restaurant and I got there first.
    My friend is never late, so I went ahead and got him a pre-paid ticket for a parking space, so he could just park right off.
    I sat and sat and no friend showed......so I sat some more.........then it dawned on me that I was in front of the wrong place and that he was probably waiting for me on the other end of town !
    He didn't let me forget that one for quite awhile.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Classic!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    Options
    55LS70 wrote: »
    In the late 1970's I took the PAF Humbucking pickups out of a very nice sunburst 1957 Gibson ES-350TD archtop guitar and put them, along with a Floyd Rose locking tremolo, in a 1962 three color sunburst Fender Stratocaster. That is, of course, after I sanded off the sunburst finish and painted the Strat body metal flake maroon. I believe the strat pickups were later thrown in the thrash. The Gibson was then sold for a paltry $50. It just wasn't rock n' roll enough for me. That's pretty stupid, isn't it?

OUCH ! and I say that as a guitar tech of 30 years......
    I did more than one like that too...............I seem to remember putting a vintage pair of 1970's Gibson gold plated humbuckers into of all things a low end japanese Univox hollowbody , which I then refretted, rewired and sold a week later.
    Then I took a mint Danelectro 12 string solidbody (Hornet), stripped the pickups out of it and stuck them into an old Hagstrom III.........thus ruining two collectibles in one move.
    Oh well, it was fun at the time !
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ...to put the toilet seat down....again
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

LMAO.....Ya know how many times I got up in the middle of the night, in the dark and plunk my arse down only to hit water. It's not all fun and games for us skinny arsed people.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Today I was trying to watch a DVD on the Pioneer and I was getting sound but no picture. I set up a new receiver today and I couldn't figure out why there was no picture. I even swapped out the component video cables and nothing changed. Then I noticed a little red light on the front indicating that the video bypass was engaged. D'oh!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

LMAO.....Ya know how many times I got up in the middle of the night, in the dark and plunk my arse down only to hit water. It's not all fun and games for us skinny arsed people.

My nut sack usually hits first lol
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.