I want Revenge Badly!

2»

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited March 2016
    F1nut wrote: »
    Simply not worth getting your blood pressure up or having a heart attack over it.

As usual, F1nut says it clearly and succinctly.

Besides, if you -- indoor vindictive rage -- cause an accident, you might be, as my mother used to say, "cutting off your nose to spite your face!"
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    There are always going to be millions of idiots driving on our roads every day. Until we have driverless cars, nothing is ever going to change that fact. It's best to take the advice from that song in a recent famous Disney movie and "Let it go, Let it go....."
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    tonyb wrote: »
    This gives me a great idea....I'm an idea guy.

You know how they have the heads up display in some cars, shows stuff on the windshield for the driver. Why can't they have one facing outwards on the front or rear windows ? That way when you run into these a$$hats on the road you can pop up a message. Get off my a$$ dipsh!t....Pay attention moron.....Get out of the effin' way. I'm sending you a rules of the road pamphlet....Are you driving Ms. Daisy ?..how much fun would that be ?

Great minds think alike. I aWas gonna put a bowling ball catapult in the bed of my truch. Pretty much the same idea
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    I would never go beyond control or put other drivers in jeopardy. Having your car smashed 4 times by them you do get VERY frustrated. I've seen many soccer moms with children in their car using their phones and putting her children's lives at risk. Fines and penalties need to be more like drunk driving. It would be the only way to curb this massive problem.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    charley95 wrote: »
    I would never go beyond control or put other drivers in jeopardy. Having your car smashed 4 times by them you do get VERY frustrated. I've seen many soccer moms with children in their car using their phones and putting her children's lives at risk. Fines and penalties need to be more like drunk driving. It would be the only way to curb this massive problem.

There's a reason states have distracted driving laws!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Two wrongs don't make a right. You're just as bad if not worse as that driver if you act out on revenge. My goal is to make it home to see my kids every night so I won't let other idiots stop me from doing that. They want to be aggressive I'll move over and or switch lanes. Texting, I either pass them or stay far behind. Nothing is worth me possibly not making it home.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    In MA it's perfectly legal to use your cell phone for calls while driving. Texting while driving isn't though. I keep my calls to a minimum and try to use it for necessary communication with the wife. I do appreciate living in a state that let's you do it responsibly.

Don't use a cell phone jammer, it's illegal and irresponsible. Some people use their phones for emergencies or only for calls that can't wait otherwise. It's highly irresponsible of you to jam everyone's call simply because you only notice the people who aren't careful while using their phones.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You'll never stop people from being idiots, you can only fine them x amount for being one. Then again, should it even be a crime for being an idiot ? Probably only if someone else gets harmed I would think. Besides....cheap entertainment in my book.

I spent a lot of time on the road too in my construction days. Guys shaving and reading the frickin' newspaper while driving 70 mph. Women shaving their legs....what the heck is wrong with people ? Is there something in the water or what.

Probably the worst thing I ever did while driving is having sex. Now, don't laugh....it takes a certain skill set to get-r-done right and keep the car on the road. :) A moon roof helps immensely though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    You think cellphone useage is irritating when you're behind the wheel ha ha ha..........try working next to humanity buzzing by you at 70+ mph while you're separated by only cones and a few short feet. Very tough to keep your mind on the fixing the roads for the masses when you expect to become road pizza by one of them. Sadly those bastardly **** semi's and the dirt bombs that drive them are the very worst offenders of em all
  • tonyb
    edited March 2016
    You think cellphone useage is irritating when you're behind the wheel ha ha ha..........try working next to humanity buzzing by you at 70+ mph while you're separated by only cones and a few short feet. Very tough to keep your mind on the fixing the roads for the masses when you expect to become road pizza by one of them. Sadly those bastardly **** semi's and the dirt bombs that drive them are the very worst offenders of em all

Amen brother, and here in Illinois we have laws that at least help to scare people into slowing down in construction zones. They lowered the speed limit to 45 on expressways, and imposed up to a 10k fine or time in jail. Lost many good men to the idiots of the road. Do they work ? Yes and no.....fatalities have declined but you still see the morons cruising at 70+ in construction zones.

It's tough knowing that any second you could die when someone stares too long at the radio dials, drops a cig in their lap, falls asleep at the wheel. Like working while under sniper fire, those cars are like bullets. Many ways to die in the construction industry, that's why we get paid the big bucks eh ?

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Yep. We've had a few incidents in the buckets. Signs, cones and strobes in effect but someone manages to drive through the cones and slam the back of the truck. Their excuse??? I didn't see y'all there!! ???? Idiots. One cat drove under the truck and had to be cut out by the rescue squad. Drunk as a skunk.
    I've had to hotfoot it to the ditch a few times.
    Ever alert and ony toes
    Be careful out there, road warriors.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    It's especially fun when you're on a motorcycle and see these clowns chatting away on their phones. I have a VERY obnoxiously loud Harley and sometimes just roll into the lane next to them and just ride side by side with them on the drivers side. The looks I get when they can no longer hear their conversation is priceless. They can't see me laughing due to my blacked out face shield.
    No excuses!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited March 2016
    We all need to realize that no one is perfect. There are things that we ALL do that is, or may be, considered idiotic by someone else (even though we may think it's right). Vengeance is just as bad (no... worse) than the act that provoked it. The initial act is 9 times out of 10 unintentional; the act of vengeance is always intentional. Drive defensively and separate yourself from the risk.

Peace, y'all!

If you see something illegal or unsafe, get the plate number and report it to the police. They are supposed to follow-up.
  • tonyb
    edited March 2016
    scubalab wrote: »
    If you see something illegal or unsafe, get the plate number and report it to the police. They are supposed to follow-up.

Yeah well....when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I know revenge is a dish best served cold and all that.....but darn if it don't feel good. lol
    We Italians know a thing or two about revenge. ;) Heck, I have 70 year old aunts still plotting revenge over a ripped purse at a wedding 30 years ago.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2016
    Cool car hack idea for tailgaters:

I always thought it would be cool, if you have a rear window washer/wiper setup; to turn the washer nozzle 180 degrees, so it's pointing back an upwards abit---then, add vegetable oil and water to its resevoir. When some a__clown is hitched to your rear-end, spray....when they operate their wipers, now they have an oily mess to deal with.

mu-hahahaha
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I have a friend who at 59 still suffers road rage. I've been talking to him while he's driving when he'll fly into a rant about some perceived idiot. More than once I've told him to chill for his own good. So, the other day he tells me he's got an ulcer. Gee, ya wonder why!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    edited March 2016
    My brothers description of "road ragers" is pretty accurate: "They're like monkeys throwing their sh_t in their cage; it makes no sense."

I like John Blutarsky's approach: "Don't get mad, GET EVEN." Let's see who can name that movie first....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    steveinaz wrote: »
    My brothers description of "road ragers" is pretty accurate: "They're like monkeys throwing their sh_t in their cage; it makes no sense."

I like John Blutarsky's approach: "Don't get mad, GET EVEN." Let's see who can name that movie first....

Too easy, Animal House. One of the funniest movies ever IMO...
  • steveinaz
    I can't believe I still don't own that movie...WTH's wrong with me? Next Walmart trip I'm getting the bluray.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I don't have it either,lol.
  • tonyb
    F1nut wrote: »
    I have a friend who at 59 still suffers road rage. I've been talking to him while he's driving when he'll fly into a rant about some perceived idiot. More than once I've told him to chill for his own good. So, the other day he tells me he's got an ulcer. Gee, ya wonder why!?!

Lol....my father in-law is 74 and the same way when he drives. I try and sit low in the seat so when the bullets start to fly they'll go over my head.

Maybe it has to do with the lack of patience as we age. I find myself at times being very short with obnoxious stupid people. I don't have many years left to waste time on stuff like that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Its illeagal to drink a pop or eat, basically anything thats distracting whilst driving in South Dakota. Nothing you can do about cell phones, or woman being allowed behind the wheel.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I slowed down my daily travel to and from work to where I am only going about a maximum of 55 in a 50mph zone. I can't believe how many people I tick off by driving "only" 5 miles over the speed limit.

Most of them end up tailgating me very closely. My rule of thumb is that I drive slower the closer you get to my bumper. It's a two lane road and that tends to irritate them without being dangerous.