I want Revenge Badly!

Whenever I encounter cell phone drivers holding up traffic I go insane. I'm driving on one of our main roads 4 lane, 2 each way. I'm stuck for 3 miles behind a guy texting because I can't pass due to heavy traffic in the left lane. If I could find a cell phone jammer illegal or not, I would buy one. Speed limit on this road is 50 and he was doing 25-30. I've stated before that I have been rear ended 4 times due to distracted drivers.

Usually if I encounter one veering towards me when side by side I'll veer as close as I can to them just to try and piss them off. If I can get around one I will go very slow in front of them for a few blocks. Any tips how you guys here that don't use phones while driving get revenge??

I am beyond livid! BTW, I never touch or look at my phone while driving.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    You should have thrown your beer at him!
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Or maybe a brick. Founding member of the road rage club here!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Agree, we've got a bunch of them here on Houston roads, better to just (as Connie Talbot sings) Let It Go. Down here road rage is crazy, people shoot at people even if you honk at them to get their attention that the light has turned green.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I find the horn is a very useful tool. I drive in Boston traffic so im surounded by a-holes.
    When you are behind someone using a phone, as you see the phone rise out of the dark, you lay on the horn until it goes back down. When i mean lay, you push in and dont let up. Rinse and repeat as long as you want. Who cares about the guy next to you because he's most likely on the phone too. The horn is my training tool.

Mass is suppose to be passing a "hands free law" which won't help at all but it's a start.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • afterburnt
    That's illegal in CA
  • charley95
    Had a 91 Cadillac with the 4 horns on it, I think they came from the GM Locomotive division. I got a lady good who cut me off while on her phone. She had the convertible top down and I was able to stay next to her for a few blocks. Her conversation ended quickly.
  • afterburnt
    you should chill, getting mad a stupid people is like getting mad at stupid people
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited March 2016
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    What gdb said... Or You should have thrown your beer at him!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    At night I will position my headlights in their driver side mirror

I'm in a 3/4 ton pickup... They usually get the hint
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    How about tailgaters?

I hold down my windshield spray until they back off. >:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    I have spent most of my adult life behind the wheel and do to this day. Most of these jerks are way too dumb to give a rip about what you do. Talk about spinning your wheels.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    These days someone is likely to pull out a gun and shoot your a$$.

So be careful how you retaliate.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited March 2016
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How about tailgaters?

I'm in a 3/4 ton pickup... They usually get the hint >:)>:)>:) to get out of my way ;)

Thanks for washing my bumper
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    How about tailgaters?

It's called a brake test....no matter what, they will be found at fault.
    I enjoy that one too.
    I also love line crossers. Nothing beats screaming past a line hugger doing 85/90, nice and tight, to make their a-hole pucker. I only drive a 1/2 ton diesel :/
  • mrbiron
    Mine would say 'insurance premiums love tailgaters" and it would be in size 6 font.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited March 2016
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    How about tailgaters?

I'm in a 3/4 ton pickup... They usually get the hint >:)>:)>:) to get out of my way ;)

Thanks for washing my bumper
    Thats why 18 wheelers have Trolley Brakes in their trucks. Locks up the trailer axles. Heck of a smoke show

Randy/Maine
  • afterburnt
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    afterburnt wrote: »
    yall are ****

Do you know deez???
    Deez who?
    Deez nuts!!!!!
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    charley95 wrote: »
    Or maybe a brick. Founding member of the road rage club here!

You'll be the one on the evening news headline "Motorist shot dead for throwing brick at another motorist" !!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    charley95 wrote: »
    Any tips how you guys here that don't use phones while driving get revenge??

I am beyond livid! BTW, I never touch or look at my phone while driving.

Eh....we let it go. Not worth it. You throw something at them, and they swerve and hit someone else with kids in the car....then how'd you feel ?

I do however keep one finger dedicated for such occasions.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    Haha.....thanks for the reminder tony. Nothing is more confusing to another driver when they dice you up with the finger and you wave & smile. Classic WTF moment for the other person.

I've also been known to pull up along side someone, with their window down, and proceed to let them know "I remember when I first got my license..."

You see, I spend roughly 3-4 hours a day in a vehicle so this is a very touchy subject.
  • charley95
    I know, not much you can do but, still frustrating. I doubt law enforcement will ever get a handle on this problem. Local police here had a guy holding sing at an intersection saying "cell phone drivers will be ticketed". They nailed them left and right, their totally oblivious to their surroundings.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Having lived and worked in NYC for nearly 20 years, I eventually became numb to all the loons on the road. The bulk of my driving was in the city, but I drove all five boroughs going form job to job. Getting all wound up isn't worth it. Driving aggressively, leaning on your horn, or tossing something at the other vehicle may give you instant gratification, but consider the consequences. Road rage from the other driver could get you hurt, or worse, and acting aggressively towards the other driver could result in an accident or possible fatality. I would have a hard time living with myself, if the other person was injured or died due to my actions, especially over something as trivial as texting. Not saying I still don't get angry, I just give them a wide berth.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Why let some dim bulb control YOUR emotions so much? If they really bug you, get you one of those crazy loud air horns for your car---when pointdexter has his face buried in his cell, doing 23mph, blast the horn.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    edited March 2016
    This gives me a great idea....I'm an idea guy.

You know how they have the heads up display in some cars, shows stuff on the windshield for the driver. Why can't they have one facing outwards on the front or rear windows ? That way when you run into these a$$hats on the road you can pop up a message. Get off my a$$ dipsh!t....Pay attention moron.....Get out of the effin' way. I'm sending you a rules of the road pamphlet....Are you driving Ms. Daisy ?..how much fun would that be ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Charlie remember you can't fix stupid. It's very frustrating I know.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    I've found the easiest way to upset people on the road, is to drive exactly like you're supposed to do.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    ^^ had the same idea years ago, mine involved a tab bit more verbal messages..