Justice Scalia is dead

Options
ugh

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Truly a sad day for our Nation. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, and everyone touched by his passing. May God find a place of honor for him in Heaven.

Thank You Mr. Justice for your humble service...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    A great man and justice. A terrible loss for this country.

RIP
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    The judge will now be JUDGED by the ALL MIGHTY!!!! Halajula!!
    The devil has called him home...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    warren wrote: »
    The judge will now be JUDGED by the ALL MIGHTY!!!! Halajula!!
    The devil has called him home...

If you don't have something nice to say...

I think that especially applies to sensitive situations like this. Use some common sense man.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    like i said "ugh"
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    Sympathy to the Scalia family.

His bedrock view of Constitutional originality became a cornerstone of the conservative judicial movement. For the first twenty years of his tenure I looked forward to reading his questions during oral arguments. His view and vote on Citizen's United will leave a lasting mark on money controlling politics.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    You know it always seems that death comes for us when we are taking a break, resting or relaxing...keep on working fellas.

Sad to hear this news...a very influential person in our nation's history leaves behind a grand legacy and an example of excellence we should all strive for.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers for his family. A truly great man.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    9 children left behind, a legendary jurist no matter what your views. I personally am sad for the Nation and his family. I enjoyed his no-nonsense questioning during cases brought before the court.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I guess now the Senate won't permit America to have a functional Supreme Court.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Options
    America had a functional Supreme Court?!?!?!?!?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Not since Sotameyer and Kagen were appointed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    cmy330go wrote: »
    America had a functional Supreme Court?!?!?!?!?

It functioned. Maybe not the way most Americans would have liked it to but it at least functioned.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    He had not one dissenting vote in the Senate confirmation hearings..speaks well of his character...RIP your honor..you served this country well...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    A true talk the talk walk the walk justice. Never swayed by either side of the aisle. Decided with facts and unbiased wisdom. RIP sir.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited February 2016
    Options

It is a great loss for all of us.

Death is a part of life. Although sadness in passing, we do rejoice for the great things people did while living.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Man this is terrible news....I just hope a certain segment in this great country don't get screwed by this we've made great strides in recent years.
    Let's just hope the next one is not a Bloomberg, Clinton pocket puppy
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Good man, a great constitutionalist.....the man had passion for defending our constitution that's for sure. Now if we can only reject every bozo until the next prez can pick one.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Supreme Court has been dominated by Conservatives 5-4 for the past 40 years. I think it's time for America to move forward and appoint a moderate Justice to the bench and return the Supreme Court to a body that more closely represents the majority of Americans and won't simply be a rubber-stamp for the right. Scalia was highly-predictable. No surprises there. You knew exactly how he would vote on every issue before it ever made it to the Court along with Clarence Thomas. We need someone who is a little less political and a lot more objective to fill his spot.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    that more closely represents the majority of Americans

Hence the reason to have the next president elect make the appointment

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    that more closely represents the majority of Americans

Hence the reason to have the next president elect make the appointment

I think that's what will eventually happen but the Republicans better be careful what they wish for because there's no guarantee that Hillary Clinton's nominee is going to be more conservative than President Obama's. Contrary to the campaign and talk radio rhetoric, President Obama is a moderate. In many areas he more closely resembles George W. Bush than he does Hillary Clinton.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    @Gate don't take this thread political, and keep it constitutional...just saying
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    So I suppose we will have to concede that the liberals are the majority when the Demos take the White house for the 3rd consecutive time. Or will that still be the wrong majority....lol.

Just an observation on my part. I have always been under the impression the sitting President reflects the views of the majority. Especially when that is confirmed by a second term. Doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree the Presidents views or not.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    So I suppose we will have to concede that the liberals are the majority when the Demos take the White house for the 3rd consecutive time. Or will that still be the wrong majority....lol.

Just an observation on my part. I have always been under the impression the sitting President reflects the views of the majority. Especially when that is confirmed by a second term. Doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree the Presidents views or not.

That's the way the Constitution reads and the way the founding fathers intended things to be but that never stopped some from using anything at their disposal to thwart the Constitution and bend the rules to meet their own agenda.

Some claim the Constitution isn't a "living document" just as long as they get their way. As soon as they don't, it evidently isn't worth the paper it was printed on.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I find it fascinating that Scalia's two best friends on the court were liberals, Kagan and Ginsberg. I believe he thrived being around brilliant minds like himself because he craved thoughtful debate. He even sent a request to Obama via David Axelrod to nominate Kagan because he want great thinkers on SCOTUS.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/14/opinions/david-axelrod-surprise-request-from-justice-scalia/index.html
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Ginsberg had a lot of admiration for Scalia, and he had the same for her.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,518
    Options
    RIP
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gatecrasher could you please STFU. We are paying respect to someone who passed away and was liked by many.

And what's disappointing is someone called you out for doing so yet Polk admins removed his post and let you go on with your inappropriate political rants.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    As for Justice Scalia, he wasn't a bad man even though he may have seemed to be way out of touch with the majority of Americans on most things. He at least respected his fellow justices and rather than attack them personally like less-intelligent people and spoiled children do he used his intelligence to argue his point.