Super Bowl 50 , who will win it and why?

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    I have been so excited, been awhile since Colorado had a championship 15-16 years I think..

Good time to live in and or around the Denver area...

6wbyme3iesq7.jpeg
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited February 2016
    Go Green Bay! :)

What a disappointing year. Hope they can get their stuff together for next.

Congrats Denver fans.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Good looking family, Larry. You guys look pretty happy for some reason. B)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Happy for you Larry and all the the Broncos fans!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nightfall wrote: »

They just saved a bundle on their insurance
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited February 2016
    Nightfall wrote: »

Thought that was the stock picture that came in the frame...

JK, congrats Broncos! (from a Seahawks fan)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    When I saw Cam out on the field during pre game warm up's in his gold MVP shoes, and gold superman shirt, I told the wife we were going to win that he is looking past the Broncos, in his head he had already won the game...

I'm not sure anyone could get past that defense, they were on fire!!

You know that overrated defense that couldn't get past Tom, and Patriots, let alone Cam, and the Panthers... LOL, Sorry CNH, ok no I'm not.. :p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2016
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    6hiq2bftafuq.jpeg

Which one are you, Larry? The cute one in the middle? Hubba Hubba!
    Go Broncos. Fair and square, a victory well deserved.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    When I saw Cam out on the field during pre game warm up's in his gold MVP shoes, and gold superman shirt, I told the wife we were going to win that he is looking past the Broncos, in his head he had already won the game...

I'm not sure anyone could get past that defense, they were on fire!!

You know that overrated defense that couldn't get past Tom, and Patriots, let alone Cam, and the Panthers... LOL, Sorry CNH, ok no I'm not.. :p

Enjoy it Larry, you deserve it but next year we won't miss the extra point, lol Couldn't resist. Still, I was happy to see Peyton get ring #2!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    mantis wrote: »
    Maybe he's trying to get one for future income? He did take a pay cut this year.

With the Super Bowl win, he did not take a pay cut.

He was renegotiated to a $4million pay cut to free up cap space that he could "earn back". If he won the conference, he got $2million back. Win the Super Bowl, get the other $2million back...

Not a bad way to earn $4million in a few weeks.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited February 2016
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    well earned :)

Eh, not really. I love Payton....but, he didn't do all that much to win the game. The defense earned it no doubt.

In the future, anyone tells you that a defense alone doesn't win SB's......point to this game.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    tonyb wrote: »

Eh, not really. I love Payton....but, he didn't do all that much to win the game. The defense earned it no doubt.

In the future, anyone tells you that a defense alone doesn't win SB's......point to this game.

Absolutely. the best Offense is a strong Defense.

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    “Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser,” Newton said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer. “If I offended anyone, that’s cool … I don’t have to conform to anybody’s wants for me. I’m not that guy. This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person.”
    c5vs17ewtao7.jpg
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2016
    cnh wrote: »
    But I think the Bronco's are still going to be a serious contender next year as long as they keep the team intact, beef up the Offense line and leave the Defense alone.
    Brock will or should start next year, they should draft a new backup QB or find one around the league who looks promising for a solid back up.

I think a few teams in need of a QB will go after Osweiller (Cleveland for one). Personally, Brock will struggle to beat out Trevor Siemian next year. The kid has a serious gun for an arm, reads defenses faster, better and more consistent footwork, and has anticipates quicker. Anything beyond $16 million for two years is too much for Brock, put the money towards Malik and Trevathian and keep the defense intact!

Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550

We all know what you mean, but the Broncos defense alone didn't win the game and it never does in the NFL. Denver won the game because they have a dominant defense and an offense that made enough of a contribution while not turning the ball over too many times.

Peyton managed a good game and did exactly what was required to allow their defense to exploit Cam Newton's weaknesses (which at his age are primarily mental).

The fact that Peyton didn't turn the ball over like he had a tendency to do earlier in the season and the Panther receivers dropping several catchable passes and Cam turning the ball over contributed greatly to the outcome.

Peyton played within himself. A good game but I think he should seriously consider retiring on a high note because he no longer has the ability to put the team on his shoulders and win it with his arm. He was fortunate to be on a team with the best defense in the league (as any quarterback would have been).

I like Peyton Manning though and am glad the Broncos won. He's a class act and played a smarter game than his younger opponent did (although Cam Newton wasn't terrible).
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735

We all know what you mean, but the Broncos defense alone didn't win the game and it never does in the NFL. Denver won the game because they have a dominant defense and an offense that made enough of a contribution while not turning the ball over too many times.

I'm not following you. No one is implying that you can win with a high school team playing offense, but to say that the offense had more than 15% to do with winning this game is kidding themselves. The defense scored 7. Special teams scored 3. And the defense handed the ball to the offense at the 4 yard line and the only reason the offense scored was because the Panthers defense had a penalty and gave them a new set of downs...otherwise it would have been another 3 points by special teams.

So yes, the defense won this. The defense scored as much as the offense did.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    The Offense all year looked horrible. They are not playing like they did under Fox.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    mantis wrote: »
    The Offense all year looked horrible. They are not playing like they did under Fox.
    That was my point. Peyton could have lost the game for the Broncos but he didn't. He played within himself and took advantage of his defense. Luckily he wasn't put in a similar position Cam Newton was where he would have had to gamble more because the Panther's defense wasn't that bad either.

The Bronco's victory was a team effort led by a great defense but the defense alone didn't win the game. If that were true it would mean that you could have put any offense in there and they still would have won. Even one that would have went three and out the entire game and turned the ball over 10m times. I don't think the outcome would have been the same then.

But the defense does deserve the bulk of the credit and I think they received it.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I recorded the game and I plan on sitting down and watching it again. It was so good the first time around but you waste a a lot of time with commercials and the 1/2 time bull crap.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • txcoastal1
    C/ATT YDS TD INT SACK QBR
    Peyton Manning 13/23 141 0 1 5-37 9.9

Plus a Manning fumble

194 yrds total offense.....fewest ever in a Super Bowl win

defense and special teams had almost as many yards as Manning and a TD

@gatecrasher the offensive stats were way below mediocre
    and now your back pedaling and just as wrong as you were about the Benghazi investigation and statics about 911 etc.

Please research before posting
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    @gatecrasher the offensive stats were way below mediocre
    and now your back pedaling and just as wrong as you were about the Benghazi investigation and statics about 911 etc.

Please research before posting

Don't hold your breath.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited February 2016
    Payton was responsible for 2 turnovers, one a fumble and another an interception that was clearly his fault. The game could have gone another way if the defense didn't step up. If you even look at the stats from the game, had to be the worst offensive showing in SB history, yet they won. How many failed 3rd down conversions ??

The offensive side had next to nothing to do with winning that game. The only real offensive drive was the first one of the game that resulted in a field goal. Downhill after that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    And just to clarify, I bet my money on the Broncos,(plus the pts) only because of what I saw in the 2nd half of the Seahawks/Carolina game. (My prediction was 21-17 Carolina win)

And I don't have a problem what so ever with Cam or Carolina, they are a beast, just had a gut feeling that the Denver D was going to rattle their cage.

• Gatecrasher
    Yeah right. You're an armchair quarterback at best.

lol
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Payton was responsible for 2 turnovers, one a fumble and another an interception that was clearly his fault. The game could have gone another way if the defense didn't step up. If you even look at the stats from the game, had to be the worst offensive showing in SB history, yet they won. How many failed 3rd down conversions ??

The offensive side had next to nothing to do with winning that game. The only real offensive drive was the first one of the game that resulted in a field goal. Downhill after that.

Did you ever consider that maybe the Carolina defense didn't play bad either?

What were Cam Newton's stats?

By your mentality one could also claim that the Carolina offense lost the game rather than the Denver defense won it.

I played football all the way to the college level and am smart enough to realize that even with the best players on one side of the ball it still takes a team effort to win. Neither the offense or the defense can win it all by themselves as you seem to believe. Maybe on your PlayStation it works that way but not in real life.