So Cal meet...

My place, end of March timeframe... Who' up for it. There will be some grilling and two rooms to set gear up in. Let's pick a date.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,102
    I'm up for it. I have some new toys to bring around.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Sure if I am released by then.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    I would love to attend, but you is far, far away.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 734
    I'm still a noob but would welcome the chance to learn. On a bunch of different forums and they almost never do meets. Must be the lack of population ... I may well be in.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
    It's only teenage wasteland
  • F1nut
    edited January 2016
    On a bunch of different forums and they almost never do meets. Must be the lack of population

That's not it. We've always tried to have an audio family type forum here, which fosters get togethers many of which aren't posted on the forum. Folks tend to figure out who is local to them, one thing leads to another and the next thing you know you're hanging out at someone's house.

Then we have a thing called Polkfest, which this year will be held in Baltimore. Stayed tuned for more on that event.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jaybeez
    F1nut wrote: »
    On a bunch of different forums and they almost never do meets. Must be the lack of population

That's not it. We've always tried to have an audio family type forum here, which fosters get togethers many of which aren't posted on the forum. Folks tend to figure out who is local to them, one thing leads to another and the next thing you know you're hanging out at someone's house.

Then we have a thing called Polkfest, which this year will be held in Baltimore. Stayed tuned for more on that event.

Actually my post was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. The point I wanted to make was actually a positive comment on this community, with people actively looking to meet vs. trashing each other on the boards.
    In fact, I discussed the meet up with a fellow Polkie just yesterday. I stopped by to check out some gear and we ended up doing business.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • F1nut
    I got your point and was simply re-enforcing it. B)

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Let's pick a day then guys...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Gentlemen these meets don't come up often enough IMHO, so when they do come up I encourage you to go. They are a lot of fun, educational, and great to meet the fellows in your hobby....I have made some really close friendships.

We all complain about getting our ears on gear since the fall of BOM stores, this is good way to bridge the gap.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    Any feedback on a day yet? Sunday's are all open for me into perpetuity, so whatever day you pick is good for me.

• Jaybeez
    I'll leave it up to you and William. I'm the noobie with no budget, so just looking to be a fly on the wall and learn from the pros! Sundays usually work pretty well, so whatever works for you both.

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • aboroth00
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Actually my post was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. The point I wanted to make was actually a positive comment on this community, with people actively looking to meet vs. trashing each other on the boards.
    In fact, I discussed the meet up with a fellow Polkie just yesterday. I stopped by to check out some gear and we ended up doing business.

Nice to have you over John! I've been so busy setting things up after everything arrived.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • aboroth00
    I'll leave it up to you and William. I'm the noobie with no budget, so just looking to be a fly on the wall and learn from the pros! Sundays usually work pretty well, so whatever works for you both.

I can do any Sunday in March. Don't sell yourself short John, you have a darn good ear as a musician ;).
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Jaybeez
    aboroth00 wrote: »

I can do any Sunday in March. Don't sell yourself short John, you have a darn good ear as a musician ;).

Well, great gear helps one have a good ear!
    Your set up is most impressive!

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • nooshinjohn
    Date has been picked thanks to the good folks at Backert Labs... Sunday March 20th will be the date. I encourage al that can attend to be here, as there will be some great gear, food on the barbie, and some beer as well. Two rooms in my home will be available for setting up systems. I see this as starting around 11 am and going until 6 or whatever.

Those attending or thinking of doing so, pm me with your phone number if you would like to discuss

• afterburnt
    I had a 50 percent chance now that I dont work every Sunday but the 20th is a work day.whereabouts in so cal are ya anyway?
  • nooshinjohn
    Woodland hills

• afterburnt
    Damn I could make it there after I am off of work maybe... I have to work until 3:30. I am in the farthest part of Santa Clarita.
  • txcoastal1
    Make it happen Bruce, gatherings rock, and they are informative...call in sick or get off early...no joke, built some great relations with music
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• afterburnt
    yeah it would be great I could learn something too. that is a hell of drive though even on a Sunday. Probably only 15 miles but warp speed wouldn't help lol
  • afterburnt
    15 miles as the crow flies, 25 on freeways according to google maps
  • txcoastal1
    **cough,cough---suk-it-buttercup** 311mi some South of Houston to North of Dallas to Skips gatherings

w60551nyg722.jpg

• afterburnt
    Hell tx, I do windsheild time all day for a living.
  • nooshinjohn
    My home is open any time to a polkie. If you can't get here then, just pm me and we can try something else

• afterburnt
    Thanks I can probably ask for the day off, I wouldn't want to miss it, although anytime I take a day off I want to attach it to my regular days off so that is like the middle of the week for me. I work ten days on and four off.
  • aboroth00
    I'll be coming up from San Diego so that's not a drive at all ;P
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • nooshinjohn
    Due to health concerns for my mother, and my possibly not being on the area, this event will need to be rescheduled.... stay tuned!

• aboroth00
    Sorry to hear that John. Sent prayers for her. May God comfort her through this difficult time!
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Jaybeez
    Sorry to hear about that. I have been somewhat vague on my availability due to serious health issues with my sister that have me in San Diego most weekends.
    I will also pray for your Mother's health, and look forward to meeting you at some point in the future.

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • nooshinjohn
    Back on the books guys. The third Sunday in April. 11am to whenever. Burgers, sausages, roasted potatoes and other gastronomical delights await, not to mention audio nirvana.

All the gear in my sig will be on display, but let's get a list going of those coming and a gear list.

Looking forward to seeing you all real soon.

John