So Cal meet...

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Awesome John, but I'm offended by one of the food menu items ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    In!! I like sausage parties.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    That's the day
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    50/50 chance and it is a work day argh!
  • nooshinjohn
    Switch with someone...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    afterburnt wrote: »

Call in sick, or quit. It'll be worth it, LOL...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

Just to hear that turntable, no doubt.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    Nightfall wrote: »

Just to hear that turntable, no doubt.

I need to go way up the food chain on the cartridge I'm afraid.

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 734
    edited March 2016
    I have it on the calendar. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'd send you a PM, but I somehow always end up posting vs. PM-ing.

Will you offer a "Polkie PMs for Dummies" class?
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
    It's only teenage wasteland
  • nooshinjohn
    COOL...

• txcoastal1
    Would hop a plane (said hop not hijack) if it wasn't for LSAF

But may come out in a couple months to hear her

Maybe a Saturday in have dinner, groove on Sunday, bail on Monday type deal

Have fun guys, post pics
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    You are welcome here anytime Tx...

• nooshinjohn
    The Rumba will be in the house in a couple weeks... so who's comin'!

Time to get this party started!

• nooshinjohn
    BUMP

• afterburnt
    I can go after work, no way for me to get the day off.
  • Jaybeez
    The Rumba will be in the house in a couple weeks... so who's comin'!

Time to get this party started!

I'm in if you could send me a PM with address / time.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • nooshinjohn
    Due to lack of interest at this time, I have decided to postpone this event. It takes a significant amount of effort and planning to set this up right and make space to set up a few different rigs. So far only one person has committed to attending. My home remains open to anyone that wants to swing by, but for now, I will keep things on that open invite basis.

If anyone wants to put something together, my doors are open.

John

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Depending on PF2016 dates. I might have a meet and greet in NC late summer. Come one, come all.
    Back to you, John.
  • Jaybeez
    I'll keep your number. Have a recording studio visit upcoming in Encino so maybe I can tie in a quick drop in. There's a turntable and cartridge I'd like to listen to. And a turntable I may need to take off your hands (if/when available).

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited April 2016
    I'm sorry to see this GTG didn't generate more interest. They are a great way to put a face to the name and experience, in this case, some rather stellar gear. If I was even remotely close, I'd have been there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Due to lack of interest at this time, I have decided to postpone this event. It takes a significant amount of effort and planning to set this up right and make space to set up a few different rigs. So far only one person has committed to attending. My home remains open to anyone that wants to swing by, but for now, I will keep things on that open invite basis.

If anyone wants to put something together, my doors are open.

John

I was going after work, I would have taken the day off it we were not short on staff.
  • nooshinjohn
    Short notice, but one more attempt. April 23rd from 1 pm to whenever... the Rhumba is here and the C/A Titanium will be affixed to the TriangleArt by then.

Come one and come all.

• Jaybeez
    I may be able to make it if you still plan on doing. Only home for one day this weekend, but pretty sure the Mrs. has Saturday plans.

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • afterburnt
    Why does this show in recents?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Why does this show in recents?

Because he still can't find anyone who wants to go to southern Cali....I guess. :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jaybeez
    I'm here and ready to meet the masters among us.

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
  • nooshinjohn
    Pick a date guys... Lightman might be around in March, bit I would like to do some thing before my son is born on February 27th...

• txcoastal1
    Pick a date guys... Lightman might be around .

Now you are scaring people off

Congrats on the new baby