Great results from the Upgrade Company

124»

Comments

• adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    A quick Google search will bring up some interesting threads on this company.
  • adabro
    Arguments with the owner himself, accusations of fake accounts, taped conversations regarding stolen equipment (not stolen by TUC), An A+ BBB rating, a positive review on the BBB site (that must be honestaquarian based on the descriptions).
    I did see someone who requested a refund and got it.

I'm not advising for or against TUC, just finding the threads interesting reading - similar to this thread in some ways....
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Would be interested in reading Darque Knight's thoughts on this one. He always does his homework... and extra credit...
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    adabro wrote: »
    A
    I did see someone who requested a refund and got it.

That's not possible.

NOBODY has EVER asked for a refund.

If someone ever did, the internet would explode, immediately...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I look at this just like I look at extremely high end wire. I see value in this but I personally have to agree with what others have said about the cost. I also agree with many who think high end wire doesn't yield what it costs in performance. Some think it's well worth it. Their opinion will not change mine as I test everything I do to my system and find value in it or not.
    There is a point where you don't get the benefits from the amount of money spent.
    I'm of the opinion is that whatever I do to improve my system, if there is something I can do that will yield greater results for the same amount of money, I'm doing that.My end goal is performance not looks bragging rights or whatever some motivations are.
    This very well probably made some nice improvements on your system but was the cost worth the amount of improvements you received?
    Some could look at my system and say " You must have spent a small fortune on your wiring yet could have used that money for other improvements that might have had a greater impact on the overall performance of the system". Thats an opinion only I can agree or disagree. I can't see any point in arguing this upgrade.
    I think we all are intelligent enough to decide for ourselves IF this is something we want to do or not.
    I thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    tl;dr... Too much evangelism for me. However, if the benefits of this mod are so great, wouldn't there be some OEMs out there doing this, or something similar, on their high end units? Just wondering how an entire industry can get it so wrong, but this one guy can fix it all...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    tl;dr... Too much evangelism for me. However, if the benefits of this mod are so great, wouldn't there be some OEMs out there doing this, or something similar, on their high end units? Just wondering how an entire industry can get it so wrong, but this one guy can fix it all...
    Some OEM's are doing this but in different ways. built quality and Isolation is a very big part of a lot of higher end gear.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • @mantis I personally believe it was WELL worth it. ESPECIALLY when you take into acount all of what I went though prior to getting the upgrade.
    Again this is a VERY PERSONAL VALUE JUDGEMENT. Just like religion-which is also VERY personal-you see how quickly it becomes a lightning rod for controversy.
    Everyone has different ideas of what the best way to do smoething is. When you add to the mix a man who courts controversy (*that being David Schulte-the owner of the Upgrade Company*) it becomes EXPLOSIVE!
    He saw this thread btw
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2016
    He saw this thread btw

This might be a good opportunity for David Schulte to chime in to open up a little dialog and education. I know Nelson (Pass Labs) and Dan Wright (Modwright) both post and answer for questions on DIY forum.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    He will not answer questions about his mods, he looks at even asking as "attempted theft".
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • @Nightfall
    While I definitely disagree with the way that David does not like to answer questions about his upgrades. After the way that this thread has gone south I can see why he has become like that. He's been doing this for decades and his business is thriving despite the naysayers. I've been in contact with him the entire time this thread has been active
    Just look at the type of comment that @motorhead posted when I said David had seen this thread.

Really???
    Do we really need to act like that?
    We are grown men and women and we should know better.

After nearly four decades of this kind of crap David really doesn't give a F$#% anymore (*and I am quoting him directly*)
    I am at the point now where I really don't give a........ anymore either. All I was trying to do was put the word out and look at what happened to a perfectly civil thread.
    Whooda thunk such a simple. thing would generate SO MUCH CONTROVERSY❔❕❓❗❓
  • adabro
    edited January 2016
    Never mind....

Post edited by adabro on
  • adabro
    edited January 2016
    Nothing to see here....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    honestaquarian, something good did come out of your thread. We got to see first hand the quality of the craftsmanship and what one gets for their money. So, personally I thank you for that as I now know, without any reservation that my money would be much better off spent elsewhere.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    BTW, you never did answer my question about Onkyo honoring their warranty. Do you have that in writing?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Just look at the type of comment that @motorhead posted when I said David had seen this thread.

Really???
    I'm certain that Mr Motorhead simply expressed what 99% of those who read that far were thinking.

BTW, I'm happy you're happy with your upgrade. Enjoy! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited January 2016
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Really???
    I'm certain that Mr Motorhead simply expressed what 99% of those who read that far were thinking.

BTW, I'm happy you're happy with your upgrade. Enjoy! :)

+1...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

I don't see any controversy....just common sense really. I wouldn't buy anything from anyone who didn't want to talk about the product they were selling. Disagreeing with one another is not controversy. Many just happen to disagree with the merits of the upgrade compared to the costs, you see it differently, and that's ok. It's your money, spend it as you will. All the guys are saying is.....they'd take a different route.

This doesn't have to get to be a long winded 10 page ordeal. How about we all just move on ?

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    tonyb wrote: »

I don't see any controversy....just common sense really. I wouldn't buy anything from anyone who didn't want to talk about the product they were selling. Disagreeing with one another is not controversy. Many just happen to disagree with the merits of the upgrade compared to the costs, you see it differently, and that's ok. It's your money, spend it as you will. All the guys are saying is.....they'd take a different route.

This doesn't have to get to be a long winded 10 page ordeal. How about we all just move on ?

^^^^^ perfect
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    tonyb wrote: »

I disagree. Wait, what?
  • F1nut
    I disagree. Wait, what?

I'm offended

President of Club Polk

• Well you all can do who or whatcha like. You don't like the way that David Schulte runs his biz? Fine then don't buy anything from him. I am enjoying the fruits of my deciding to take a leap of faith a year ago and STILL reaping the benefits and hearing stuff that I either never heard before or haven't heard in a long time
    (*see my Laserdisc thread*)

Good night!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I thought we were past this.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Okay I am done here

From 01/28/16

I thought you were done?

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    Hmmm...too bad Dennis' post was deleted as it was spot on!!!

President of Club Polk

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    I will double dynamat for half the price, if anyone is interested?