Oppo 103

2»

Comments

• D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAm-cTj8bQk

Watch at about the 0:45 mark. The person is using a tablet to control his Marantz 7004.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Thats what im looking for. He doesnt have a hard drive hooked to it it seems. Not sure why that would make a difference though.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I run my Oppo 103 with an ext usb hard drive full of flacs.; the app works just fine, though does NOT work with iphone 4--you need iphone 5 or above; also works on all ipads. The nice thing about the WD hard drives is that they turn off automatically when you power down the Oppo.

Is your WD HD USB powered? I thought I had read somewhere that the USB power on the 103 was good enough for thumb drives but probably not enough for a standalone hard drive.

I'm very close to this solution for my 2 channel room, as have thousands of files of various types (AAC, MP3, ALAC, AIFF) on multiple computers that I want to consolidate and be able to play easily on my rig. This seems like a great solution, though the video portion won't be used in this application.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I use a WD passport with no problems
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I use a WD My Passport on a BDP-93 as well and it powers it fine. The only issue I have with this Oppo and removable hard drive is when I use Linux to put files on the hard drive I get some errors that I have to use a Windows program to fix. I just have to reboot my laptop into Windows to put files on the hard drive instead, no biggie.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    My WD external (My Book) is powered.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    So. am I reading this correctly that you can connect a portable USB hard drive to the Oppo BDP-93 usb port and control playback using Media Control app for an android device such as a tablet?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.